• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Enhanced Client crashing issue things that may help!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok so we know that some people are having issues with crashing in the EC so i thought we could post here possible fixes!

I know these are not the answer for everyone! But they have helped some people!

so post anything here that has fixed the problem or has made it better!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I will start it off with one Gilmour came up with!

First thing to check for is that the following folders is not using "Windows Indexing Service"

Settings Folder
Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\

Client Folder
Usually: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Enhanced Client\
Note: If you using 32bit windows the Program Files folder will not have "(x86)". You can also have installed this in a different directory.

What To Check For:
Right click the Folders listed, and check for the following.

Good luck

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may help but the problem is a bit more complex, my things that did help are:

Set the cache to 256 MB, Main Menu > User Settings > Options > Disk Cache

Try to disable footsteps.

But all these things make crashes appear more rare, but the general crash bug cant be fixed with that. Only a dev who has access to the crashlogs may know why the client crashes.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
another problem that may cause the crash is the lack of read/write privilege on the game folder, so just a remind to everyone:

- Start the game as administrator
- Make sure the game folder has "everyone" rights with full control