• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Bandages and Healing Skill

G

Hello,

Just wondering, my warrior has 100 healing, if I use an ehanced bandage do I get the equivalent of 110?

Alternatively, if I need an actual cap of 110 if I lock healing at GM and eat a 110 scroll do I then get the benefit from the bandages?

Thanks!!

G

Yes, the enhanced bandies work up to your skill cap so locking healing at GM and having you cap at 110 will work fine.

C

Connor_Graham

One thing about these bandages though, if you have 90 skill, and try to use the bandages to bring yourself up to 100, you still have a chance to fail to cure level 6 poison. I don't know if it's an oversight in the programming, intended, or a bug, but I've tested it and have failed many times to cure level 6.

G

Thanks!!

Glad people still read beyond the first page of posts!

*runs off to eat a 110 healing scroll*

G

Actually they do help above your cap. This from this weeks FoF:

"Enhanced Bandages - do they help if you're already at your skill cap," redux:

Leurocian looked over this again, and it turns out while we were partly right, we were also definitely wrong:

"Using enhanced bandages - even if you’re at your healing cap - will affect the amount of hit points healed. Enhanced bandages essentially adds 10 to your healing skill for the purposes of calculating the amount of hit points healed."

What they do NOT do is improve your success chance (say, for resurrection, which is 64% at GM.) So if you're capped out, they do provide a benefit, but it's a very specific benefit.

(Note: if you're NOT at the cap, one other thing enhanced bandages can do is bump you up over the minimum skill requirements for curing poison (60) and resurrecting (80.) You'll have a pretty low success chance, and you won't be able to gain skill from those attempts, but you can try 'em.)

Thanks to Athos for very kindly pointing out that we'd overlooked something

G

Ah, that's good!

So even if you are at 120 healing you will heal damage as if you had 130?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ah, that's good!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what it looks like

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Ah, that's good!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you can't heal at a higher level than is possible in the game.

D

Death Adder

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Ah, that's good!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you can't heal at a higher level than is possible in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, you can... I've tested it and at 120/120 Heal/Anat you heal more with enhanced bandages (41-73) than you do with regular bandages (40-70).