• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Endless Looping for UOA?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone else getting UOA loading an update, you click Continue and it just does the same thing over and doesn't actually bring up the client?

I restarted my computer this morning (no issues yesterday with it) and this morning I'm getting that. Wondering if it's UOA or something on my end.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make copy of your UOAssist folder (copy settings etc from it) - uninstall it, and remove all settings except reg info...reinstall it - copy back settings.... and it works again.

Rubber Superior

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone else getting UOA loading an update, you click Continue and it just does the same thing over and doesn't actually bring up the client?

I restarted my computer this morning (no issues yesterday with it) and this morning I'm getting that. Wondering if it's UOA or something on my end.
Started doing it to me yesterday, fixed itself today. Does it a few days after a patch for me normally, usually sorts itself pretty fast.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
haha, by the title i thought you where looking for something to endlessly loop UOA macros.

you would have to be some sort of Learned Mage to UOA-Loop something like that.....

uoa loop.jpg

Nigel Of Minoc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been having an issue with it lately where everything loads up but once the game is up and running the Assist will not "open" for me. Thoughts?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Kind of like @Rubber Superior said (has happened to me like that before too); it was looping the download screen when I posted and pretty much the rest of the day. I actually had the UOA download screen in the background (didn't feel like closing it with task manager) and the next morning when I woke up I just clicked "Ok" again just to see if it would work and it did work as expected.

Seems like it is just a timing thing with the patch and usually resolves itself within a day but if anyone is still having issues try what @Mandrake of DF suggest above.