• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Endgame Not Necessary

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came across this video on the guildcast from gamebreaker.tv. They discuss about endgame and ArenaNet decision to say that Guild Wars 2 does not have an endgame. The whole game is considered endgame. This is a new concept compared to traditional MMO's.

This has caused a little confusion among traditonal mmo players used to having endgame content. Then the developers have to add more to keep satisfying the players for more content. ArenaNet has made the whole game endgame and with the sidekicking system, players are always scaled down or up with the content. Players of higher levels cant one hit a low level creatures in low areas anymore. This is huge that the game is basically on a level playing field in all areas of the game. The content would not be the same if you progressed through all 80 levels and went back to the beggining on the same character and did it all again.

With PvE, PvP, WvWvW, and considered a living game based on players decision the game will have content that players will never experince the same time over and over.

Here is the guildcast from gamebreaker.tv and we at GW2 Stratics want to thank them for taking the time to have this information and discussion out for all to see.

Guild Wars 2 supposed lack of endgame Controversy

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is another Guildcast with some more guild cast about GW2 from gambreaker.tv

I find these very interesting and hope you all do to. The discussions are great and may address any questions you may have or discussed with other GW2 players.

B

Bella

Thanks for posting these! As you know, I love hearing information about GW2. Now if Arenanet would only let us know when the game is being released... :)

Bella