• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

End the event.

• Thread starter imported_wrekognize
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_wrekognize

The Halloween items (pumpkins and trick or treating) were active until the middle of February (3 and a half months). The Valentines day candy still spawns in ish (going over 2 months). Am I the only one who believes that events should last at the most one month? The value on these items goes down as more of them are released in the game over time. Plus everyone loses interest. The reason rubble is valuable is because there was a limit on what you could obtain over a week’s period of time.

G

I disagree about the chocolate ingrediants. They need to stay in forever now and they need to add the seeds as well. This was added for our chefs and are not meant to be rare, since you can get them from para slimes and other low end paras.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Am I the only one who believes that events should last at the most one month? "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think you are....note; not everybody lives and breathes UO. Others need time. Jobs, family, and such prevent that.

"The value on these items goes down as more of them are released in the game over time. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, as forest gump said, IT happens.

"Plus everyone loses interest."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hardly, maybe a few who need devs to direct game play for them, quite a trend as of late.

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why make everything rare ?

I think it is good that some things are rare and some things are not so rare and some things will go on forever. We have enough rare items who are in the hands of some few rich people or hardcore players. The "normal" players also need some stuff to hunt for.

I

imported_wrekognize

<blockquote><hr>

I think you are....note; not everybody lives and breathes UO. Others need time. Jobs, family, and such prevent that.

Hardly, maybe a few who need devs to direct game play for them, quite a trend as of late.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you seriously need more than a month to log in and be involved? If so, then I believe the people who were able to be involved with the event deserve some type of satisfaction of taking part in it. Instead we just watch the value on these event items go into the tank which makes us feel like there was no point.

G

Chocolate ingredients were NOT an event just added loot to paragons and should remain in the game.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok question. What valentines day candy in Ilsh? I got a valentines box for each char. But that was it. Havent seen heard or read anything about any valentines day candy gotten in Ilsh. Please enlighten the rest of us.

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you seriously need more than a month to log in and be involved? If so, then I believe the people who were able to be involved with the event deserve some type of satisfaction of taking part in it. Instead we just watch the value on these event items go into the tank which makes us feel like there was no point.

[/ QUOTE ]

The items of the event were never proclaimed to be rares what so ever. They are intended to be "unique" turn in event items that lead to a "rare" item. The game doesn't revolve around petty rares you hope to have a get rich scheme off of some day. Let people enjoy the event as they please and you'll have your chance to get your "rare" stuff later.

C

Connor_Graham

'The Valentines day candy still spawns in ish (going over 2 months)."

As it was supposed to. It will stay in game until the ingredients can be obtained in another manner....namely cocoa trees. What's the big deal about them anyway? It gives the paragons something else to hunt for.

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want the event to end. Not because I want event items to be rare. But because it's insulting and a waste of time - ours, and the devs'. I want it over so they'll devote time to something new, something live, something inclusive, and something fun. Or better yet, so they can devote time to fixing the problems in the game and in KR, rather than writing yet another dull scripted invasion scenario.

Some of us aren't sycophants easily fooled by these unoriginal 'events', EA.

G

I kinda agree with the OP. Perhaps not end it, but lets speed it up. I'm bored there. We've done the same thing for over a week now. Lets step it up! Shif into high gear!

I

imported_wrekognize

<blockquote><hr>

As it was supposed to. It will stay in game until the ingredients can be obtained in another manner....namely cocoa trees. What's the big deal about them anyway? It gives the paragons something else to hunt for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that not all items need to be rare. My concern is that there's a common theme of them starting "a event" that is supposed to be temporary, then turns into either a permanent "feature" of the game, or is dragged on until the point where there's no interest from players. Here are a few recent examples...

10th anniversary items... Permanent. (Currently see no players in old dungeons).

Halloween - lasted three and a half months. ridiculous in my opinion.

Valentines day...Permanent (pending dev decision). (Currently see no players in Ish).

Moonglow - Still have time to end this one. We're in week three I believe? I have not gone there for a week, as have none of my alliance or guild members.

My point is that there should be some events that don't drag on forever. It would keep the feeling fresh, and the players involved.

G

They throw out these lame events to give us something to do while they work on Warhammer. I agree some things should be rare, pretty soon everyone will have the same 733T items. In the old days you could show off your 733T gear but now everyone has them.

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Treasures of Tokuno has been a great success in the past. Always many who enter tokuno, and they know the rewards they will get. I like those type of events, and agreed, this one has gone on too long. The only people saying different are the ones who want to horde more items before the pub hits.

R

Ryix (europa)

In the old days there wasnt really any "leet gear" just good items and better items.

If you ask me the event is about something todo not about something new to farm. I have a fairly hectic life and i have found the time to have a very small play around with the event, id like to be able to catch up on the story since thats what interests me most and id like to see that changed. But as for how long it lasts, i say as long as it takes the devs to set up the next part. at least a month.

Look at it from a regular persons point of view. In a month i have 20 days at work and 8 days off work. of those 20 days at work i have maybe 6 hours a day in which to do everything else (not including sleeping but including dinner and general living chores), those weekends i spend with my family and sorting various other things out(more chores). If and when i get free time to play uo, i would like for any event to still be doable for me. Its a shame i couldnt see the initial start of the current event, but im glad its still going unlike the moonglow event, which was basically over in a few days ( all the rubble gone) It was nice to see what few reports there were but still. itd be nicer if ea release official videos of event content that was to be only shown once...

Even just a letter explaining what happened really.

I

imported_Phaen Grey

From the beginning of the Mad Mage event we were told 3 weeks or so, with the mess up in week two and it not getting resolved on all shards at the same time, phase two was let to go on longer. I don't see how this is dragging things out too long. Other events like Halloween needed a publish to turn off the event, if the publish is not ready for distribution you really want it early just to turn off pumpkin spawn you can easily ignore?

-Halloween extended a while, didn't effect my game play
-Valentines went as planned
-Easter went as planned, don't see any purple bunnies lately
-Current event is winding up to a bigger event in May it will progress as its ready, not seeing a problem there either.

Plenty to do in game when I am tired of rifting, and very glad the content is there to have a choice in what I want to do. Patiently waiting for the next installment but want it when its ready not because I am done with the current phase.

G

If the chocolate ingredients are "an event that never ended", then you should probably be more angry about the gingerbread cookies we've been able to bake for the past 2 years with the ginger still available to buy. It was a "crafting addition", not an "event". The presents were the event.. are those still on? If not, event ended.

G

Very well written, Phaen. This is how I feel, too.

I would rather see the Events go on for an extended time so that everyone has a chance to enjoy them.

L

Locus_Ceruleus

<blockquote><hr>

Let people enjoy the event as they please and you'll have your chance to get your "rare" stuff later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly how are long events supposed to generate these later rares? Either that don't make sense or I'm missing your drift.

The "let it run" ppl ain't speakin' for me. I agree, one month is plenty. Hell, with 400 threads/planewhatevers, even the Moonglow thingy is getting a bit long.

G

I just want the event to end already, it hasn't been updated in how long? It isn't even an event it's just stupid now.

I can go in with a necro and get sythes off every zerker that spawns, can go in with blackrock and get cloaks off every shadowlord, can go in with the tamer and get drops off everything else. I have hundreds of this stuff. So I went to tera keep and killed the ophidian army... They stopped spawning BTW, anyways I got hundreds of ophidian drops.

UO has got verrrrrry boring and repetitive, I can see why people quit now. Summer time coming up spring is here event sucks nothing new ever happens. Quests arn't creative at all.

In other games you can work a quest for days getting new clues waiting for spawns to pop doing puzzles and it's fun it's like a mini game inside a game that keeps you entertained. Take EQ with its zillions of quests like that... You could spend a year doing quests alone if there are no new events or expansions to explore.

UO ain't like that, you have to go chop logs, or mine ore if it gets boring.... Then again you could always sit at the bank and do nothing all day like most people do.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok i can honestly say that i don't have much time to play (in fact i couldn't be there for the blackrock machine going haywire) but i managed to get a good 50 items since then on my own time and i don't go much anymore because i'm out of blackrock and i don't think it's much left to do. So...Yes it's time for some change but not the end. I wanna see where the rabbit hole goes.

G

Dude, do you ever leave the house. You semm to post and play 24 hours a day. I hope when I have unlimited retirement time I have more interesting things to do than play a video game.

G

I play for about 16 hours a day at the moment, because i'm off uni for a few weeks. Maybe he is too!

I think that a more defined scope is needed if this sort of content is going to be as static as it is. Currently, we have no real incentive to go and kill stuff - that we know of - because the shadowlords keep respawning. However, we know this stuff can be handed in. But how long is it going to go on for?

This is how I felt with many of the previous things. When its too late, youll wish you had gotten one more shield...

But seriously, I think it has gone on a bit too long. Nothing changes and, the less players that there are bothering, the less fun it becomes because you can't really venture too far without getting splatted. It'd be nice if we knew more about what we are doing and the impact we can have. You know, a reason to go there every day (and not just to get items)

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it is more teh fact the won't be able to get rich off the stuff

this moonglow event i have people telling me they have over 400 of EACH swords/shields/threads... while i have 70 total of all things together ?

my fault sure.. why ? because i didn't power play this event to hord things hoping to get rich.

all in all i think in future events where items are a objective EA needs to set a limit to each account or character ( like max 100 of X item per character).
this will stop alot of issues.

I

imported_Skrag

RTLFC

The OP is basically right. Stuff where Halloween lasts past New Years and Valentines runs into Easter needs to stop. It just feels shiftless, like nobody at EA is even paying attention.

I

imported_wrekognize

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

The OP is basically right. Stuff where Halloween lasts past New Years and Valentines runs into Easter needs to stop. It just feels shiftless, like nobody at EA is even paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank goodness...I am not alone on this.

C

Connor_Graham

"all in all i think in future events where items are a objective EA needs to set a limit to each account or character ( like max 100 of X item per character).
this will stop alot of issues. "

This I couldn't agree with. If someone wants to collect 1000 of everything, there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to. That goes against the basic premise of UO, freedom.