End of the oldest Legends Vendor shop and one of the greatest chars on Legends ever.

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 29, 2002
in youre moms closet

I dont even need to say whom owned this shop for most of us to know exactly whom owned it. I do know he said he was closing it down a year ago but to see it empty still makes me sad. I know he is still semi active or at least keeping his other two homes active but I wish to be one of the many to say thank you and all you did for Legends and like myself I hope you stay at least semi active. You will be missed Woody.

what most of you might or might not know another shard starting vet that still has an active scribe/carp/smith shop but was allot more low profile is Fate and here is a pic of her shops in case no one knows since there is a lack of these type of well stocked vendors on Legends.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dec 14, 1999
Southern Oregon
Yeah i saw that the other day when Sorcon was doing his giveaways. It felt rather odd to see that place gone...I mean it was there like since day one...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
I did not ever expect to tsee that spot empty, will be a while before I'll be able to go by there, I think

Fate was always my armor shop ~~ our first houses were just up the coast from their shop, and oh how I yearned for a full valorite suit of armor, even knowing that I could not wear it since I would surely be killed and looted for it..

side story... my first warrior was Flynte, who now only comes out once in a great while.. she was GM Swordswoman (maybe two years to get her to that?) but I dearly wanted her title to say Grandmaster Warrior.. I believe it was Chadra of Fate that explained how to do it, and then guilded me and set the blade spirits on me.. I was so grateful to her, and so proud of my GM Warrior title

bittersweet memories of days we'll not see again

T

Tovladian Soltyr

I know I'm not an "Original" Legend like Darri is but I like to think of myself as being able to bump elbos with the vets of legends :) and am an honorary Legends vet due to my knowledge of the old days even though I wasn't there.

Woody and I are buds, and he came to T*T first when he was first thinking about selling the vendor plot and his stuff. However he deside not to do away with everything all together and instead continues to lurk around, no longer being the merchant everyone has come to trust and love.

He's still around, just not playing with his wood anymore :p.

G

gandolfofaol

Woody was my first true friend in UO over the years we had houses next to each other. I truely miss our times together.

B

BardMal

Malice used only woody lutes once lute decay was put into effect.

Dependable, and always kind to me and everyone I ever heard he encountered.

Legends is less for the absence of his shop.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 2, 2004
It breaks the heart. :sad2:

I remember when I got my first UO house, the small stone keep in tram boonies. It was Woody who helped me furnish it.

We became good friends over the years and I still consider him a friend.

To Woody, thank you for all you've done for Legends over the years. Thank you for the hours you dedicated to keep the vendors stocked. Thank you for the love, blood, sweat and tears you put into making your vendor shop a Legends landmark.

Lastly Woody, thank you for being a good friend and a all around great guy. We all love you very, very, very much. :heart: I'm glad your still semi-active, but I do miss you guy! :smooch: :grouphug: