• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

End-Game suits

• Thread starter Sydrik Harpune
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sydrik Harpune

Okay, so I am still getting my head around everything that has changed in the 10 years I have played.

Can I get some help in figuring out what suits of equipment I need for my main two toons.

Macon is PvE focused with Swordsmanship, Bullshido, and Parrying as his prime skills.

Sydrik is a PvP focused stealth archer... archery, stealth, ninjutsu.

So, what am I looking for is what my final suits should look like and what do I need to go hunt down ingredient wise to make them happen.

Thanks!

S

Sydrik Harpune

Thanks... all I really know at this point are Boura hides and PoF.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bushido Melee Suit:

12 Powder of Fortifying
45 Relic Fragments
120 Boura Pelt
80 Luminescent Fungi
50 Essence of Order
20 Essence of Precision
20 Essence of Singularity
30 Seed of Renewal
10 Crystal Shards
700 Barbed Leather
70,000 gold for gems
500,000 gold for Enchanted Essence and Magical Residue

...for armor and jewelry. This may vary slightly if you have artifacts that replace armor pieces. You can also save some resources if you want to compromise. The suit would still be very good, but maybe not "perfect". Also, if you want certain skill bonuses on the jewelry, add Crystalline Blackrock.

Similar resources for the stealth archer suit.

S

Sydrik Harpune

Alright, time to start scavenging/shopping.

Thanks!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was about to gasp in shock and awe at the cost of the suit and claim that I didn't spend that much on mine.

Then I counted what I have.

I spent as much or more on most of my suits. Just never in one shot.

S

Sydrik Harpune

Collection of resources is moving along well...

Plus I have picked up a few nice items to build around.

Another question, only partially related but I don't want to clutter the forum with new threads...

For a stealth PvP archer what skills should I scroll? Archery and what else?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are many ways, but that's what my stealth archer looks like:
Archery
Tactics
Hiding
Stealth
Ninjitsu
Anatomy
Healing

S

Sydrik Harpune

Yep, thats the skills I have as well.

Now which ones should I power scroll... or just leave tham all at 100?

S

Sydrik Harpune

Ninjitsu? Really?

I can't find anything in the UOguide description of the skill that indicated there is any benefit at all to having it over 100.

What am I missing?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason is, your Ninjitsu spells will be more effective and you won't fail on Death Strike anymore, which is one of the most important Ninjitsu spells in PvP.

I raised Ninjitsu to 110 and put +10 skill on a ring. But 120 scrolls are hard to come by. A 110 I can give you for free.

S

Sydrik Harpune

I figured Deathstrike wasn't a big deal in PvP with an archer since it only does half damage that way... interesting.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deathstrike for an archer, in my opinion, is a waste of mana, since armor ignore does more damage for less mana.

But I would still take ninjitsu as high as you can take it, since you get better animan forms (wolf form can be a great one! At 115 skill, you can cast wolf/bake form at 100%) and your mirror images will be more effective as your ninja skill increases (can't find the source of that information, just throwing it out from memory).

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right, I forgot about that. It's been a while since I played that template. Wolf form is actually VERY useful, since it allows you to stealth in running speed.

S

Sydrik Harpune

Almost done collecting for first set...

No clue where to get relic fragments though.

I need 20 more Seed of Renewal, 20 more Essence of Order, 35 more Boura Pelts, 80 Luminescent Fungi and 45 Relic Fragments.

If people see these around (or find them as loot) I will buy them from you. Tired of having crap armor. Thanks for the help!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't help with the seeds or the relics, but I can help with the essences, pelts and likely the fungi... if you see me around.

For the relics, I hear the best way to get them is to make them with a crafter... have to talk to Pike about the process, I suppose.

The seeds come from gardening, which I definitely do not do! I have 19 seeds of renewal in my stockpile, but since it's a shared stockpile with a friend, I won't take them away.

S

Sydrik Harpune

I would be immensely appreciative...

I have been getting the seeds from farming ingredients in Stygian Abyss. I am not fooling with that gardening nonsense.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last method I know to get around 30 Relic Fragments requires the following material:
  • 1 bronze runic hammer
  • 1 ancient smith hammer (optional; increases success chance slightly)
  • 35 perfect emerald
  • 700 valorite ingot
Supply me with that material and I will get you the Relic Fragments.

The Luminescent Fungi are as hard to come by as Seed of Renewal. Luminescent Fungi can be acquired by lumberjacking, but it will take some time (you may need wood anyway for bolts or for ship repairs). Seed of Renewal are best to be achieved by plant growing. I'm not kidding, it is the most efficient method. You have to do the following to get about 35 Seed of Renewal:
  • Get an endless water pitcher and link it to a water trough in your house.
  • Get a couple of barrels of Greater Poison and Greater Cure.
  • Get 1000 Fertile Dirt (can be bought at the mage shop in the Royal City, right behind the bank).
  • Get 100 plant bowls and fill them with Fertile Dirt (to speed up the growth rate).
  • Water each bowl twice to soften the earth.
  • Plant a seed into each bowl (bright green snake plants are less prone to disease, bright orange plants yield the very useful orange petals)
  • Put all bowls into the backpack of a character you rarely use. Make sure you use the Enhanced Client with grid view, otherwise your backpack will be a mess.
  • Log in with this character once a day (after about 24 hours) to check on the plants, water them if needed, and cure them of diseases using the poison or cure potions. Make sure you tend them correctly or they will wilt and die.
  • This requires 15 minutes a day, and you will be done after about 20 days.
  • If you tend your plants correctly, the 100 plants will yield about 35 Seed of Renewal randomly when harvesting the seeds.
Of course, you could also buy the resources. Currently 10 Seed of Renewal are sold for about 1.3-1.5 million. 10 Relic Fragment cost about 650k.

Essences and Boura Pelt are actually quite easy to get. I'd be happy to show you how to get resources most efficiently.

Always remember, you can save lots of resources if you don't imbue items to maximum values. For example:
  • Imbuing the maximum of 8 Stamina Increase on a piece of armor requires 10 Luminescent Fungi, while imbuing 7 Stamina Increase requires none.
  • Imbuing 2 Mana Regeneration requires 10 Seed of Renewal, Imbuing 1 Mana Regen requires none.
The stat increase attributes are the ones I'd consider compromising on.

S

Sydrik Harpune

Since I don't really know what the end game suit is going to look like it is hard to decide what to skimp on... if that makes sense.

Anyway, I will see if I can get you the stuff to make the relic fragments shortly. I will probably resort to buying the seeds though, I am not waiting another 20 days to get a real suit of armor. :wall:

S

Sydrik Harpune

Okay, down to the last couple of essences, pelts and the emeralds.

Can we map out my template and determine how much crystalline rock I need for skills? I can get scrolls where needed...

Stealth Archer w/ Anatomy, Archery, Healing, Hiding, Ninjitsu, Stealth and Tactics.

I want to build around my Dread Pirate Hat (+10 Archery, +8 Dex, HCI +10%, Fire 5%, Cold 14%, Poison 10%, Energy 5%) and Quiver of Infinity (Damage Increase 10%, DCI 5%).

Thanks again for the help!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only skill I'd boost is Ninjitsu with +10. The other skills I'd train as high as needed. No Crystalline Rock required.

I'd recommend: 110 Archery, 100 Tactics, 100 Anatomy, 90 Healing, 90 Hiding, 100 Stealth, 110 Ninjitsu.

Whenever you have the chance you should get a 120 Archery scroll, a 120 Ninjitsu scroll and a +15 or higher Stat scroll. But there's no rush with that.

S

Sydrik Harpune

Alrighty...

I already have Ninjutsu scrolled to 120 (found one really cheap)... Archery is at 110 but I will keep an eye out for a 120.

Did a powerscroll for stats already too.

Need 6 more Crystal Shards and I am good to go!