• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enchanted Squares a shard vs Shard challenge

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings to all of you,

I would like to play a game. Those that I have spoken to about this already, and those who have already participated, you are on the top of the list if I can get this (and by "this" I mean myself) moving again. So I guess I am posting this for a little self motivation because I keep finding myself slipping away from UO.

And now I come to Enchanted Squares. This is a relatively quick game (15 minutes average) between two teams. Shard vs Shard. The winning team will keep the next match on their home shard until defeated.

The game itself has a completely random outcome. No character skills are needed so a fresh toon on an unfamiliar shard is just fine. It's a pretty fun game actually and you may make new acquaintances from mirror lands. I'd like to hold one event per month, possibly a few matches during the event.

Enchanted Squares plays a bit like the classic tabletop game of Connect Four but using teleporter tiles so you never know where you will land. If you land on the other teams marker you steal the square. Instead of stringing a line of four to win as in Connect Four, your team has to make a square of four.

One match has been held already; Legends vs Lake Austin with LA walking away with the win. So Lake Austin is the shard to beat when/if this will be resumed.

So are there any people here who would want to put together a team to travel shards and attempt to bring the game home? The only restrictions on team size is at least two players and no more than twelve (exceptions can be made though). Great Lakes and Catskills are on the list for the next matches should they take it up.

Message me or reply here if interested in participating. Thanks for your time.

If anyone has played Alchemical Bowling or attended Lucian Flames Wee Carnival then you know our work. If you had enjoyed that then please give this one a try. Lucian Flame will probably be hosting this as well.

Pen