• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Empyrean Age

• Thread starter Torrent_of_Fire
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Torrent_of_Fire

I'm a bit concerned about Empyrean Age. I just don't think the "new stuff" CCP is offering is up to par with the cool things added in the last free expansion and more importantly the cool things that were promised initially. Seems like mainly hype to me.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whole new region, new PvP opportunities, new ships, and paving the way for tons of new high sec content and items. Sounds awesome to me so far.

T

Teribithia00

I agree with the OP. They need something really revolutionary. Like when SWG did JTL. They should try with more twitch based functions... I'm thinking in certain situations (say combat) some ship controls (maybe main weapons) switch to joystick/mouse.

Not EVERYTHING should be twich, BUT AoC proves there's a market for a tiny bit of twitch in a mostly tactical MMO.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like when SWG did JTL.
Its been stated that plans for twitched based combat areas are on the table. These are things that will come with atmospheric flight if I am not mistaken. So although this expansion pack is not a step in that direction, later this year when Ambulation comes out it is a step in the right direction.

V

Vorthaaa

I think it's awesome how frequently EVE puts these out. It's ridic awesome.

C

ChewingGumWarrior

I'd rather they do paid expansions but have them be more frequent and more feature filled to be honest.

Z

ZorZorZor

I think the free expansions are better than other games paid expansions AND THEY ARE FREE!!!!

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So EA is out now. I love it! I have been having TONS of fun in Black rise with the new missions and PvP options.