• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

emotes

M

MoneyMaker

Emote - Voice inflection is not easily translated by typing; however, UO allows you to emote your feelings. By typing a colon ":" followed by a space, your text entry will be emoted. Your "emote" will be surrounded by asterisks and will be a different color than your normal speech. Emotes (emotions) allow you to suggest an action that your character is doing to immerse yourself in the environment. *kicks dirt* *twirls hair* *sighs* Many players also set up macros for common emotes, such as smiles, laughs, grins, frowns, etc.
Whisper - Use a semi-colon ";" followed by a space (e.g., ; Psst, wanna buy a chicken?). Whispered text can only be "heard" by characters immediately adjacent to you.

I assume that you are talking about UO *emotes*. That is about all that is said in the UO database. (will continue the searching and post any further I find. I know that there is other commands just can't remember what all they were)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are also a few other commands that are useful in this manner as well.

CTRL-B will make your character take a bow. It, and one other that I can't remember, were the only two actions (that were sometimes called emotes) that made it into 2D from the old 3rd Dawn client.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bow and salute were always in from the start (defaults control-B and control-S).

B

Beer_Cayse

ummm, CTRL-B (bow) and others were in the 2D client with T2A AFAIK ... I used them lots in RP on Pac.

As Fel is to Tram, 2D is to Third Dawn/3D client - it was there first!

G

GFY

I always the deleted crtl B - bow emote so I could it for bandage self.

debii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Emote - By typing a colon “:” followed by a space, your text entry will be emoted. Your “emote” will be surrounded by asterisks and will be a different color than your normal speech.
Whisper - Use a semi-colon ";" followed by a space. Whispered text can only be “heard” by characters immediately adjacent to you.

Yell - Use an exclamation point "!" followed by a space (e.g., ! HELP!). Yelled text can be “heard” by any character up to a screen and a half away.