• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Emergency Recall button

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I was trying to make one and then after not working I found this thread which already tries to solve the issue, among others.

However, after following the apparent procedure that should work (Sacred Journey/Recall >Wait for Target Cursor>Cursor Target Stored), the system now tells me "I cannot recall from that object". I have the rune book with a set default destination, so I must be doing something else wrong.

Could someone let me know if something changed since this post or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Emergency Recall.JPG

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have a rune or a runebook (if runebook "home" needs to be set as default). Make a macro using the spell recall, sacred journey etc. When you drag the spell to the bar right click on it and set the target as "stored". Click on the rune or runebook to store it. Set a hotkey.

Job done.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
It is very handy for normal uses as well...I'll probably setup a bunch of them ;)

Last edited:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I use that macro for bank,home,blacksmith,tailor etc

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Can you do the same with Gate travel?

I'm not getting the "Target>Stored" option, just "cursor".

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Nevermind, I used the info on the original post: Recall >Wait for Target Cursor>Cursor Target Stored. This one works well for the gate :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Glad you have it figured out! I was just logging in to look at my macro! Off to bed now ..good luck

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Thanks!

I just posted the solution so anyone in the future can find it with a search. I tried before posting this thread and found the answer, but just for the gate not the recall, so now this thread should cover both aspects.

Have a good sleep :)

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Ok, I kinda bumped into this thread, Why would you need an emergency recall/sacred journey/gate travel out..... Obviously if you have to do this, you aint strong enough to fight the foe you are fighting....hahaha, I do understand to move about quickly, but not for a fighting strategy, especially if you can accidentally press the button and when the foe is about to die, you disappear.....

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
There are times when you bite off more than you can can chew.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Ok, I kinda bumped into this thread, Why would you need an emergency recall/sacred journey/gate travel out..... Obviously if you have to do this, you aint strong enough to fight the foe you are fighting....hahaha, I do understand to move about quickly, but not for a fighting strategy, especially if you can accidentally press the button and when the foe is about to die, you disappear.....
Well it's actually more related to playing as a tamer. I have been facing opponents I am well capable of dealing with, but sometimes a second one spawn right next to you and a third one notices you, so all of a sudden you have to face 3 of them and you can't deal with all and keep healing your pet, so he will die soon or you for that matter.

Needing to escape: you can open you rune book and then look at which location you would like to go and select it and then press recall and then you can quietly resurrect your pet after taking too long....OR...you can press a button and just heal you pet at destination without him loosing any stats.

As to accidentally pressing the button, I guess that's why I put it in a corner of the screen so I will never press it by accident ;)

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Well it's actually more related to playing as a tamer. I have been facing opponents I am well capable of dealing with, but sometimes a second one spawn right next to you and a third one notices you, so all of a sudden you have to face 3 of them and you can't deal with all and keep healing your pet, so he will die soon or you for that matter.

Needing to escape: you can open you rune book and then look at which location you would like to go and select it and then press recall and then you can quietly resurrect your pet after taking too long....OR...you can press a button and just heal you pet at destination without him loosing any stats.

As to accidentally pressing the button, I guess that's why I put it in a corner of the screen so I will never press it by accident ;)

Never thought about it on that way, bit yeah got its logic in it.... I might gove it a try

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use it all the time to just recall home. One button pressed and home I go and not necessarily an emergency (just lazy). Also for the Recall one you don't even have to make a macro, just pull the Recall/SJ spell from your book to an open slot on one of your bars and right click it, select target stored and select your main rune book. Every char I make has this and I always use the same key (Ctl H) so I don't do it accidently (at least not often).

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have one for home,stable,bank and then one set up for where I am adventuring like a dungeon or area ,event etc