• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Embarrassing question.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does DCI work for Archers in PvP? I see a little mixture of both, archers that have a lot and archers that don't have any, not even the 5% quiver. I was told it does and doesn't by a few people, and just wasn't very sure.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Yes.

HCI works off of Swords, Fencing, Macing, Archery, Throwing, Wrestling & Mage Weapons.

DCI works off of Swords, Fencing, Macing, Archery, Throwing, Wrestling, Defensive Wrestling & Mage Weapons.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.

HCI works off of Swords, Fencing, Macing, Archery, Throwing, Wrestling & Mage Weapons.

DCI works off of Swords, Fencing, Macing, Archery, Throwing, Wrestling, Defensive Wrestling & Mage Weapons.
How though? i don't understand how hit chance works vs archers.

I can understand chance to hit/defend vs wrestle, fence, swords, throwing and mace but not archery as i presumed it had no melee element?

if an archer and swordsman both are 120, do they have a 50% chance to hit each other? If so melee seems a bit underpowered or archery overpowered?
If this is true i could tank with an archer and high DCI, just the same as a samurai with no parry? Bonkers!

Please can someobe resolve this with some nice examples and numbers? :D

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

How though? i don't understand how hit chance works vs archers.

I can understand chance to hit/defend vs wrestle, fence, swords, throwing and mace but not archery as i presumed it had no melee element?
All weapon skills (except Defensive Wrestle) have a base chance to hit and a base chanse to dodge, HCI & DCI properties are extensions off of that base chance. Defensive Wrestle only has the dodge part so DCI still works but HCI doesn't.

if an archer and swordsman both are 120, do they have a 50% chance to hit each other?
Yes. Then after that HCI/DCI/HLA/HLD are factored in.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All weapon skills (except Defensive Wrestle) have a base chance to hit and a base chanse to dodge, HCI & DCI properties are extensions off of that base chance. Defensive Wrestle only has the dodge part so DCI still works but HCI doesn't.

Yes. Then after that HCI/DCI/HLA/HLD are factored in.
Madness. thankyou :)