• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Email - No billing information WTH???

Charin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok since this migration nothing but problems now 3 of my accoutns are saying they dont have billing information and for me to call them. Is anyone else getting this error? Is it a real error or do I have to really call them wait forever on the phone before getting a nonenglish speaking man who cant understand me?

Kafka72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After linking accounts I think I got the same message. It said no billing info was saved and that I'd have to re-enter it. I only been keeping one account currently active so I switched to that account and scrolled down to the status bar. There I clicked on "subscribe" and it did indicate that it had my billing info saved, showing the *********XXXX CC info. I clicked continue through the menus and back at the status bar it indicates I'm set up with auto renewal for 6 month chunks of time.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you log in to the account management page and choose the accounts which you have received email notification, you will see several lines in the lower field, starting with description, start date etc.

As long as the last line shows start date, method and amount charged the account should have the billing info thats needed. The email is just " transitional waste"..

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My billing was wiped during transfer which is good because i was actually planning on switching to an older account i found thanks to the back to brit.

All in all i like the system. The only thing that could be done better would be an unlink button but then again that adds an even better layer of security if you have to call and verify info.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this time, billing is AFU. Some accounts are being billed for $200 - $300. Other accounts are getting a free ride. Some chars and even entire accounts are completely lost from the database and the current bunch of droids don't seem to be capable of looking through the backup files to restore them.

If I didn't know the people at EA these days are just plain stupid I'd think they are deliberately messing UO up so enough people will leave to justify shutting it down.