• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Tiberies Event, 16 March 2012

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There will be an EM Tiberies event this Friday (16 March 2012) at 8pm Eastern Time (7pm Central Time).
This event will directly concern the game-wide story arc.
The event is called "The Awakening: Ghost in the Machine."
Gather at the Sacrifice Shrine in Ilshenar. The Meer need your assistance with a pressing problem.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So most all the other shards had the same event, and they got shards specific cool drops. Why is Atl not getting anything? Kinda lame. And before we get the usual reply "its about the storyline and not the reward", the chance at a reward is what brings most people to events. If they never implemented drops I assure you would not see 90% of the people there. Just my rant folks, take it as you want

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Eh I agree somewhat. The thing is, Tiberies is new so I don't know if he is allowed to drop everything he would want (Maybe some kind of probation?). Now as for item drops, lets compare shards: For Season 10 of Events the following shards have these total amount of drops, GL: 4 + (Gloves for their "Royal Spy" program, 10 different names, each with different handout rates) Chessy: 11 Baja: 10 Napa: 10 Origin: 6 Sonoma: 6 Legends: 5 Catskills: 2 Drachenfels: 2 LA: 2 LS: 1 Europa: 1. Now Atlantic has had 2 drops (both from Bennu). They were actually very nice drops too. We are pretty much in line with some other shards...but the thing is this we are on the biggest shard on UO. Also the drop counts is for each different item...some of which dropped at the same event. For proper item drop per event ratio, someone would need to do some more research. Atlantic drops, while nice, WERE a bit limited. For example, Bear event - Final boss broke, didnt hand out items, an hour later Mesanna came and fixed it. Very nice of her, and while i was there and got my drop, there were ALOT of people who didnt. People who spent time doing both parts of the event, got invested, killed the last boss and logged. An hour later it was a mix of original crowd + alot of new crowd. The second drop, was from an event where you needed 100+ stealing to get the item. Again, I had a thief and got mine myself, but for many others, no luck. Add in the fact alot of thieves got multiples of the item (Hey, they were just faster than everyone else). But as you can see, the items given out , sadly while very nice, were VERY limited in who they went to, especially compared to the people who always go to every event.

Is Atlantic still in line to get a third EM? With such a large playerbase on this shard, it WAS planned (But certain events made the new EM get fired within a day) but I think its clear Atlantic NEEDS a third EM. Its no fault of Tiberies or Bennu, but Atlantic has tons of people.

50% of people want an item to sell , the other 50% want it to keep. People like mementos, the EMs do amazing events and alot of people want something to remember it by, or something they can put in their house and say, "Yea I was there, I helped defeat that thing! or I helped save the world, here I have the monsters tooth to prove it". People like trophies, its why WOW has achievements, its why Steam has them, its why Xbox and PS3 have systems in place to award achievements/trophies. UO's main system for that, is Event Rares. Not only that, it also helps the economy. Yes, some cases are the rich getting richer, but ALOT of time (ESPECIALLY with the new drop system) it is redistributing wealth. A poorer person gets a drop, the rich person wants it, gold goes from the rich to the poor. Its the same thing as someone going to kill a Medusa for a chance at a Slither. They go for a chance to make gold. The rich buy the Slither, the poor make the money. Or on the other hand, someone goes to RP killing the vile Medusa, and the slither drops as their trophy to vanquishing the evil creature. ;)

/endrant

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well said! I wont even begin to lie, I want drops to sell in order to buy the items I do want, unless I get a pirate or bar related drop then I keep it. Maybe you are on to something about new EMs not being able to drop items until a certain amount of events ran. Nothing against Tib, his events are fun, just gets frustrating time after time.

Boondocker

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
As a new player I found it interesting. I was simply happy I made it on time. Most defiantly I was over my head. My character, "Stargate" is a new mage tamer with no pets to hunt with yet. I was just running with the crowd.

The most difficult part for me as a new player was the media blackout leading up to the event. I have been in UO for a week now. I do not have years of experience to draw on to help me understand what My character's part should be.

So I simply showed up on time. Followed the dialog as Tiberies started the event at the gate. Ran with the crowed as we went to another place. At that point, I think, Tiberies. Said something I did not catch what was said in all the confusion. Then I tried to run with the crowed again, but was left alone. Due to the fact, I had no Idea what to do.

As I stood wondering what to do, I died. Why? I may have been the victims of a local monster, I do not know. After some time a tamer came by with a dragon and resurrected me. At that point I realized if I don't get out of there, I may loose my lrc suit that was given to me by a complete stranger.

This is not a rant. It is a perspective from the eyes of a new player. I am very interested in the fiction behind UO. I understand it is called a "story arc". My intention is to keep up with the story arc and attend the EM events as they take place. In time I will come up to speed.
What I take away from the latest event is that, EM events are for the players that have been with UO for a long time, not for players, new like myself.

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not a rant at all. I rather enjoyed reading that post. Gives me hope for the latter half of this month.
Bennu's a little bit country. I'm a little bit rock and roll.

PS: The above formulation is completely arbitrary. Reverse it if you like, and it makes roughly as much sense.

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As a new player I found it interesting. I was simply happy I made it on time. Most defiantly I was over my head. My character, "Stargate" is a new mage tamer with no pets to hunt with yet. I was just running with the crowd.

The most difficult part for me as a new player was the media blackout leading up to the event. I have been in UO for a week now. I do not have years of experience to draw on to help me understand what My character's part should be.

So I simply showed up on time. Followed the dialog as Tiberies started the event at the gate. Ran with the crowed as we went to another place. At that point, I think, Tiberies. Said something I did not catch what was said in all the confusion. Then I tried to run with the crowed again, but was left alone. Due to the fact, I had no Idea what to do.

As I stood wondering what to do, I died. Why? I may have been the victims of a local monster, I do not know. After some time a tamer came by with a dragon and resurrected me. At that point I realized if I don't get out of there, I may loose my lrc suit that was given to me by a complete stranger.

This is not a rant. It is a perspective from the eyes of a new player. I am very interested in the fiction behind UO. I understand it is called a "story arc". My intention is to keep up with the story arc and attend the EM events as they take place. In time I will come up to speed.
What I take away from the latest event is that, EM events are for the players that have been with UO for a long time, not for players, new like myself.

My procedure at events is as follows.

I show up out-of-character, as EM Tiberies, and say a few things.

Then I show up in-character, as whatever character is going to send you all off. Sometimes I'm gating you location to location, sometimes I'm gating you to nearby locations, sometimes I'm not gating you at all.

There is a gamewide plot that the most-recent event related to. There's also EM-only/shard-specific plots.

The gamewide plot, broadly speaking, relates to the splintering of the realm, due to both the lack of leadership and an obvious enemy to unite us. In the meanwhile, strange goings on occur in Ilshenar, mostly-ignored by Britannians who are too busy with their own internal strife.

At my most-recent event we learned a little more about said strange goings on.

Boondocker

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for the quick reply.

Overall I was glad I attended this event and look forward to the next. Hopefully next time I will attended with friends. This would help in many different ways.

I also appreciate your explanation.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
K

Keep coming to the events. Not all of them are related to years of UO history. Atl has some great EMs that come up with new and exciting story lines from there twisted minds as well as just random events that mean nothing to a story line. Sometimes you can participate as a new character and still make it along, most of the time it is best if you are trained up rather well since the mobs are usually pretty tuff(except Bennus mobs, he makes them weak, we can kill em rather fast ;}, no challenge there for us Atlantians). Its a lot of fun most of the time, there are some events that are kinda boring from my point of view but to each his own