• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

em starting back up???

red72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Destinova - *silver* question: with the EM program done for good and events basically at a standstill, what can we expect in the way of (hopefully) having big events soon? the general public is growing bored with lack of new content in game.
Draconi - Mwaha! Be careful what you wish for! (Have I said that before? Oh well!) I think you can expect something big, soon, and keep in mind we're very excited about our 10th Anniversary, and the future going into Stygian Abyss.

does this mean what i think it does i sure hope theres some more events its been a long long time

G

When they canned the EM event system they said they would be replacing it with more automated scripted events. So expect to probably see more junk like the ophidian invasion and rescuing Inu etc..

I doubt they've got it in their budget to ever hire EMs or Gms to supervise events again.

In the mean time, I've moved on to an awesome free game called Last Chaos which is 100% free and has better graphics and seems to be more fun for now than UO is for me.

http://lastchaos.aeriagames.com

I'm on Katar servers in case anyone starts up and wants a guide.

red72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the worst thing to me about the ophid invasion was they said on a fof that there was gonna be a turn in items like the blackrock and there never was so i have 100s of em laying around

C

craememp

Weren't you able to turn in the blackrock to those "mysterious" hooded traders in Haven ... before it blew up? Is that what ayou mean by turning in the blackrock?

I

imported_catatonicsmile

i think red ment he couldnt trade in his orphidian items

G

Supposedly a comment made by one of the devs recently hinted that the turn in for ophidian items is coming soon.....as you may recall it took awhile before the turn in for blackrock was available, so it stands to reason that the turn in for ophidian items would also take a substantial period of time, same for the cursed artifacts. If they didnt space them out, then weld be getting item turn rewards every week.

red72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Supposed a comment made by one of the devs recently hinted that the turn in for ophidian items is coming soon.....as you may recall it took awhile before the turn in for blackrock was available, so it stands to reason that the turn in for ophidian items would also take a substantial period of time, same for the cursed artifacts. If they didnt space them out, then weld be getting item turn rewards every week.

[/ QUOTE ]

great points i frgot how long it took for the blackrock also it would mess up the prices on the market