• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] EM Item Number Count

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*disclaimer: I too try to count the number of items that drop, whether it be on my home shard of Catskills, or I'm visiting another shard*

It doesn't matter what a player's count is. Unless an EM specifically says thru email or on a thread, a count CAN NOT be stated as official numbers.

Manticore doesn't list this way on his thread, and no one else posts here that is a serious member of the community. If you can't officially verify, then someone counting is just idle speculation.

There would need to be OVERWHELMING number of posts or people saying, within 5 or so, that they counted "X" before it would heed consideration.

But throwing around unofficial numbers isn't helping anyone or anything in this case. And that's why you see THIS line in the Season 8 thread:

Master Archaeologist's Pick (*)

The "asterisk", just in case anyone doesn't know, means "we don't have any idea of the number of items because this was or was turned into a "vending machine" and there is no valid way to estimate the number of items.

ofatlantic07

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was posted by EM Bennu on the Atlantic EM Forum:

"#3: The reward giver. This was my first time using the reward giver tool. I am pleased that even after the second gate only 153 (+1 for reward hall) of the picks were given out which pretty closely matches the crowd we had last night as far as numbers. Next time I use a reward giver it will be something tall, very very tall."

I agree that there's no way to verify how many items were given out via a "vending machine"....unless of course the EM verifies the count lol.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Correction:

Or if an EM states on his website....

Thanks!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You know our EM gives us the numbers if asked in game.