• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Fiction] Wanted! (Easter Event On!)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"And that's the last of them!", Fynn said to himself as he pasted a poster to the wall of the bakery. "It won't be long until we find him now."

Source: Wanted!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [EM Fiction] Wanted!

Hex found William at a farm on Moonglow Isle, East of the Moongate. Some wierd things in the farm house!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How? Where? I hate this. A group of us found William, and the secret door and the dragon egg. Now what?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'd check back tonight at 8, I think we found the setup for the event but it hasn't started yet.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'd check back tonight at 8, I think we found the setup for the event but it hasn't started yet.
But there's no indication of when it will start. No time, no date. Are we supposed to spend all day logged in on the offchance? I have things to do, I can't spend all day just hanging about. And that's what I hate - I'm reliant on someone elses timetable, and that person hasn't had the courtesy to let anyone know what that time table is.

EM Emile Layne

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Don't worry ;)

It hasn't started yet and you won't miss a thing, promise. I'll post something on the website as soon as it starts.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Don't worry ;)

It hasn't started yet and you won't miss a thing, promise. I'll post something on the website as soon as it starts.

We were given to understand, via patch notes etc, that the event would be two weeks long. That means lots of folks won't have planned to log in today, it being Easter Sunday, a day many people spend with family. And now we find that an EM event kicks this off, with virtually no notice whatsoever. Will it be EM run events for the whole two weeks? Or is this a two week event that people can play as and when they can? Why is there no start time posted for this event? Why was there no announcement of the St Georges day event yesterday?

People have real lives outside of game. I can't log in and just hang around, waiting for someone to announce in global that it's event time. I often can't do more than log in for 15 mins, first thing in the morning, to tend my plants. Because I have a real life, around which I have to organise my game time. If I'm aware of things happening a couple of days in advance, then I can usually manage to arrange it so I can be online if I want to attend. Without that notice, I don't stand a chance without upsetting arrangements for the entire family.

I don't know who is responsible for arranging this event, or yesterdays, but they need to take a long hard look at how it's being done, because at present, lack of information is messing about the very people for whom these events are supposed to be run - the players.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I didn't even know about a St Georges Day event either. :(

EDIT: Traveler told me Emile confirmed in event chat the event will last 2 weeks from when it starts tonight, can start it at any time.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

From Site:

Due to some technical issues Europa's Easter event has been delayed a little. But don't worry: There will be an Easter event and it will be available for two weeks. So you'll have plenty of time to participate.
We will post another update as soon as the event is available!

T

Tane Darkbane

Ok got two of the three keys

anyone have any idea on the third from the vision room?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Update:

Our apologies for the delay. The Easter event is now active! It's available both in Trammel and Felucca and will run for two weeks. The event starts here!
Happy Easter!

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm very proud to have been the first to get the Dragon Egg, even if it wasn't the way the EM had intended ;)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Has anyone succeeded in actually doing the quest? Or is everyone just giving up in total frustration after finding Marantha?
And how do you even start the tree quest?

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Has anyone succeeded in actually doing the quest? Or is everyone just giving up in total frustration after finding Marantha?
And how do you even start the tree quest?
Dont know but now that we can get items without doing the quest I think people get bored of doing it :)

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the quests started late yesterday so few people were there.

The Egg: Quest starts at the Zoo, with a guy telling you to seek Marantha in a sandy area. She's actually north of Wyvern Point in T2A, but nobody knows what to do next.

The Bonsai: Quest starts at moonglow east farm, in the basement there is a book saying the Bonsai is in Heartwood, and it is. There you are told to seek out 3 wise elves with clues to find them. I only found the second one and I actually don't understand what he wants me to do. The clue for the first one is pretty straightforward but yet I don't find him. The clue for the third one is extremely vague.

Now since Server Up someone is spamming all over the chat that the quest is boring and that you don't need to do it to get the rewards so I guess nobody is even trying :(

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Actually the quests started late yesterday so few people were there.

The Egg: Quest starts at the Zoo, with a guy telling you to seek Marantha in a sandy area. She's actually north of Wyvern Point in T2A, but nobody knows what to do next.

The Bonsai: Quest starts at moonglow east farm, in the basement there is a book saying the Bonsai is in Heartwood, and it is. There you are told to seek out 3 wise elves with clues to find them. I only found the second one and I actually don't understand what he wants me to do. The clue for the first one is pretty straightforward but yet I don't find him. The clue for the third one is extremely vague.

Now since Server Up someone is spamming all over the chat that the quest is boring and that you don't need to do it to get the rewards so I guess nobody is even trying :(

Well people can choose what they want to do, nobody says you cant do the quest even when you got the items or just do the quest and not get the items.

I'm the one spamming, and considering the other shards "easter events" there you can run into a maze and have to find out how to get to the end. Riddles and such are so old that people look for different ways to get the rewards. And you can just buy them when they get put for sale when people get enough of them. Else you can do a trick and get them within 2min.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a side note, the farm basement in Fel hasn't been completely set up, and most importantly there is no way out, you have to use the Help button.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After finding her, go back to Edward and tell him 'stolen' but I'm stuck again now

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was up pretty late when the events went live, but was too tired to get very far with it; to add to what has been discussed here, I'm glad someone discovered where in T2A the dragon is... Egan and I were presuming finding the dragon would leave nearby tracks to the nest, but is this not the case?

Secondly, I found what we assumed was a new NPC at Compassion Shrine, Trammel. But like all the conversation trees it seems, we could only get as far as "Name" & "Job" before it was time to say "Bye" as it didn't progress.

There are at least 2 books in the chests under Moonglow that I saw; someone said these led to trials which revealed a "Key", which is a word, but they couldn't find the third key, which had something to do with "Vision". Whether this is true or not I don't know, but the gates are shut with a triple lock...

T

Tane Darkbane

Hi i found the two of the three keys (they are labelled keys and can't be picked up) the clues to the locations of these are in books faound in the hideout
I think these are to open the dragon egg lock (if you click on the talisman it says three sturdy locks)

so this may be a third thread

or the dragon is

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent 2 hours with a few folks last night before finally finding the nest, I believe I was one of the first.

I then spent hours at her to no avail. :( I give in, I'll just wait until someone finds it out.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually here is how I understand it: there is nothing special at the nest, you just discover that the egg has been stolen, go back to the zoo, say "stolen" and keep going until the guy tells you to find the thief, which is William The Fence at the Farm, but we already knew it here because of the WANTED post, but not ingame. So then all the clues are supposed to be at the farm: 3 clues for the 3 keys and another clue to send you to the next quest (the Bonsai).

The clue for the first key is in the book in the chest in the first room: "recdu", which is the word to say to go from Moonglow Mage shop to Papua Mage shop. And yes the first key is in Papua Mage Shop.

The clue for the second key is probably in the book in the chest in the Dragon Egg room: "oooOOOooo", which is what ghosts say. That's what initially gave me the idea to kill myself and use Sacrifice to access the Egg. It worked, but as soon as the EM saw an energy field was added, so clearly this is not what the clue meant and I still don't know, but I heard some people have found the second key.

For the third key I have no idea.

Now for the next quest, the clue is in the book in the bookcase in the last room, it says the Bonsai is in Heartwood, and it is, at the top North East corner, behind a gate as well. There the keeper will tell you you have to seek 3 wise elves and gives you 3 new clues. The first two are pretty easy (although there are two places matching the first clue and I initially went to the wrong one). When you find the elves they will ask you to bring some stuff and then give you part of the mantra to access the Bonsai. As far as I know no one has found the third elf yet, the clue beeing pretty vague.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I must be supremely stupid. I can't get the elves to tell me anything other than 'caring is understanding'. :(

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found all keys, the codes are

In This
Vault Is
My Treasure

:)
Care to give some clues about the location of the second and third key?

I think I must be supremely stupid. I can't get the elves to tell me anything other than 'caring is understanding'. :(
Yeah I spent a ridiculous amount of time on that one, you have to say "care"or "understand" (I don't remember which) instead of "caring" or "understanding"... pretty lame

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice one, congrats.

So yeah, one of the clue is in William's house (not the basement) and the other one the "oooooOOOOOooo" meant cemetary, not "kill yourself" :)

Just the 3rd elf to find now :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oki, so I get past that. 'Show me what sustains life' - how? I've tried water, fertile dirt, greater cure, heal and str. Can't drop them on her, can't select as quest items.
Next time I get hit by guilt that I don't do these darn quests someone remind me how monumentaly frustrating I find them.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally a spoiler tag :D
SPOILAZ! I've been unable to find the Third elf so far, having check the Stygian Abyss, the Chaos shrine and a couple of other places... However, the first two may be answered thus:

First Elf: Compassion Shrine. Answer One, give him a Seed of any type. The part of the mantra is "SI", or the elven word for "Tree"

Answer Two, give him Eggs bought from an NPC Farmer. The next part is "KYRN", or the word for "Growing".

Second Elf: Honesty Shrine. Give him a Bandage. The next two words are "SHIA MAEL", or the Elven word for Strength

However, if the third Elf never turns up, you can get your Bonsai now by...

Casting Telekinesis on the tree. Um... oh dear.

Except now you can't, the EM has put stone walls around it, curses!

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
seems like you need to find a cave in the darkness that anyone can get to. First idea was Abyss tho everyone cant get to that.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seems like you need to find a cave in the darkness that anyone can get to. First idea was Abyss tho everyone cant get to that.
I thought it might be the dark cave that was under Empath Abbey from the Shadowlords event; but the trapdoor in the Vinery no longer works.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SPOILAZ! I've been unable to find the Third elf so far, having check the Stygian Abyss, the Chaos shrine and a couple of other places... However, the first two may be answered thus:

First Elf: Compassion Shrine. Answer One, give him a Seed of any type. The part of the mantra is "SI", or the elven word for "Tree"

Answer Two, give him Eggs bought from an NPC Farmer. The next part is "KYRN", or the word for "Growing".

Second Elf: Honesty Shrine. Give him a Bandage. The next two words are "SHIA MAEL", or the Elven word for Strength

However, if the third Elf never turns up, you can get your Bonsai now by...

Casting Telekinesis on the tree. Um... oh dear.

Except now you can't, the EM has put stone walls around it, curses!
Was able to figure out the last "part" with great help from an alliance mate!

Third Elf:

in a mining cave almost directly east from the entrance to Sanctuary or the elven brigand camp between Britain and Yew ... at 4° 19'N / 22°46'W!

That elf wants a death robe - a normal one does it just fine - after getting one, he reveals the last part of the mantra to be "Os Mosor"... which means "Of Spirit"!