• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Fiction] Mini Earthquake in Western Yew!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A runner comes panting into town with news of a small localised landslip from a small coastal area of western Yew.

He seems more worried than would be normal and is white as a ghost with fear...

He says very little other than "landslip... near the sea... western Yew..."

Some kindly townsfolk show him to a tavern and pay for his room for the night.

The runner falls into a deep sleep.

Source: Mini Earthquake in Western Yew!

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

Mission 4 - Minor Earthquake in Yew

Skaros spoke to the runner who was clearly very shocked about the minor earthquake in Yew.

There was something he wasn't saying.

It was also time to test the investigators a little more and get them to begin to use a sextant to provide further information. The investigators should also begin to look for eye-witnesses when things such as this happen.

Skaros waited patiently for the investigators to arrive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC - Find Skaros at Castle British [Trammel] southern part and ask him for a mission.

To succesfully complete this mission [and earn a point] you will need to make sure you are aware of the full requirements. [There are two seperate parts to this one] Make sure you question Skaros a little on this mission.

Note - Reports for the current "mission" should be handed into the Wedding Chapel Mailbox near the Counsellors' Hall

North Britain [Trammel] using in game red leaf sealed books.

Please include the date and the name of you character in order to make sure you get your points allocated.

The mailbox for the current mission will be open for 48 hours.

Reports dont have to be extensive but they must be your own work.

Please do NOT post spoilers on forums until the 48 hour period is over [Wednesday 8pm uk time] by all means work

together in game to help each other out.

Good luck!

Source: Mini Earthquake in Western Yew! Update

M

McValdemar

Oops...
...forgot to put the date.
But used the author as name of the owner of the report.

Do I have to do it again?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go read others reports for older missions, they are stored in bags at Skaros office. No worries about date.

M

McValdemar

Thanks.
Just got back in UO from a pause of afew years.
This is my first time I join an investigation.

Surely shard population is a fraction of what it was once, but you guys are doing a superb job with EM fiction and events that really made me decide to start living the game again an not just reopen the account for a quick look and log off.

Thanks.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks.
Just got back in UO from a pause of afew years.
This is my first time I join an investigation.

Surely shard population is a fraction of what it was once, but you guys are doing a superb job with EM fiction and events that really made me decide to start living the game again an not just reopen the account for a quick look and log off.

Thanks.
Welcome back!

If your really interested in Europa's EM Events I have a website (Europa History) which may help get you up to speed on what has occured. :)

M

McValdemar

Welcome back!

If your really interested in Europa's EM Events I have a website (Europa History) which may help get you up to speed on what has occured. :)
Thx very much Mapper!
I'm very interested in events and in-game lore.

In fact I found in my bank box many books I used to copy from in game lore and/or events.

BTW, in the shattering of the skull happened in the recent event I forgot to copy the three books that were in the dungeon (but I got screens of the page).

Could you kindly gate me once to copy all of 'em insted of having to type 'em from the screens?
Thanks again!

:p

M

McValdemar

Since the 48hr period is over, here it is the situations near Yew.
As you can see not only graves rised out of the soil, but we got even a damaged house near the coast...

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As you can see not only graves rised out of the soil, but we got even a damaged house near the coast...
Think you'll find that is Dawn's original home in Yew, before she became Queen - it was set alight during Casca's period in power, when he was trying to find and kill her. Oddly it's been burning ever since....

M

McValdemar

Think you'll find that is Dawn's original home in Yew, before she became Queen - it was set alight during Casca's period in power, when he was trying to find and kill her. Oddly it's been burning ever since....
Thanks Aurelius (BTW you are the healer of yesterday? In case, thanks even for ressing me a couple of times! :p)

Yes, is Dawn's house.

But I've been far from Sosaria at the times of the happenings, so I tought it was a side effect of the earthquake.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Aurelius (BTW you are the healer of yesterday? In case, thanks even for ressing me a couple of times! :p)
That was me - I concluded running in and belting blackrock golems was barely scratching them and nearly getting me killed, so dropped back to bandage folks instead. :)

M

McValdemar

That was me - I concluded running in and belting blackrock golems was barely scratching them and nearly getting me killed, so dropped back to bandage folks instead. :)
You did a great job.
We where in real need for it, that damn' golems where tanks!!!