• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS EM Faine Morgan's RBG Thread

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is EM Faine Morgan's thread for the New RBG. I would encourage you to head over to the uo.com Forums and help her form some ideas and opinions for the New RBG. Thank you.

Catskills Royal Guard, Spies, Healers - Discuss

As promised, I'm starting this thread to begin discussions of the Royal Guard or Spies or Healers or combination going forward for Catskills. I want your feedback and that's why I'm opening this up well ahead of when I plan to start. A couple of things that are set in stone:

1. Whatever we decide will kick off in July.
2. Advancements will be twice a year - January and July.
3. I have the final decision on how the program will run and, once decided, we won't debate it any longer for six months. At the end of the six month period, we'll evaluate how it's going and tweak as necessary.
4. Attendance will be taken at the start of each event. Once the first gate opens to the first battle/event start location (not Luna gate), attendance is closed. If you arrive late, we will have an alternate method for counting you as having attended.
5. You will NOT need to be at every event to advance. There will be different rank requirements and you can progress at your own pace.

Discussion items -
1. I'm really not a strong military or warrior personality. I'm much more comfortable with healers, mages, etc. However, I want the program to recognize both play styles in some way. I'd like to have two paths. In July, when we start, you would need to pick one path and that's the progression you will follow.

2. While I want to do the Healer path, I want some feedback on how we want to go forward with the warrior type path. I know that Great Lakes does a Spies path while other shards do a military ranking. Ideally, I'd like both to follow the same overall advancement but have one say, for example, Healer Trainee/Spy Trainee, Healer Squad Leader/Spy Squad Leader, etc. Or Guard Trainee, Guard Leader. I think you get where I'm going on that.
  • My thought would be that, when we kick off, I'll ask for a book with your character name and the path you want to follow. Once you pick a path, you stay with it. Should you choose to change paths, you'd start over at the lower level.
3. Advancements would be based on event attendance, participation and training completed. Training might be along the lines of an oracle quest, or a specific objective to be completed, or something to be retrieved or found. These training events would be outside of the bi-monthly events and done within a set period of time at your own pace.

4. I think part of the problem I have with the guards is how to establish a commander. To be honest, I'm comfortable with Taryn. I don't think I could do justice to a commander type of position. I don't think it would be fair to Catskills. The spy/healer combo would be more of a fit. I'm leaning toward that as well because I truly hate the idea of making the guard start over.

For now, I'm going to stop here and ask for discussion. Depending on feedback, every bit of this is subject to change. Hopefully, this will get some ideas going and open and we can build on it from here. Please keep discussions civil and polite. We all have ideas and opinions and I really want your help building this.