• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Event] St. Patrick's Day! (Screenshots Inside!)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHEN? Wednesday the 17th of March 2010 (Between 8pm and 10pm UK Time)
WHERE? Trammel

It's St. Patrick's Day and Leprechauns are being seen across Trammel. If you find one he may reward you. But watch out for Clurichauns! They've been drinking and they've got an attitude!

Report from the EM website.

-------------------------------

Screenshots from the evening further down the thread.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [EM Event] St. Patrick's Day! (Wednesday 17th)

The little gits seem very good at hiding, almost 11AM and the few of us hunting have not found any sign of them....

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've spent more than 2 hours running about the place - from Trinsic to Yew and all around, back and forth, up and down. Not a sign of em. Should I find out this event is actually scheduled for later, or it's being done in waves, like the Cupids, I'm going to get very cross indeed.

U

UOFree

I think its like the Valentine event, maybe not in waves but they forgot to mention a time so people waste hours looking around. While it first starts tonight or something....

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I wish they would just do them the old way, and not limit these events to set times, after all it is supposed to be an event for the WHOLE community, not just those that are on at specific times.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think its like the Valentine event, maybe not in waves but they forgot to mention a time so people waste hours looking around. While it first starts tonight or something....
Hoping your right, I had a run around Trammel earlier and saw nothing.. Going to rest my feet for tonight!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Whilst I appreciate that EM's are, like the staff here, volunteers, I do think that if you're organising events like this, then you need to avoid wasting players time. This is very simple - either organise the event for the whole day or give us a time frame; in this instance, something like 'between the hours of *insert time here* and *insert time here* these creatures can be found in Tram/Ish/Malas etc. As it is, you've got folks running round on fruitless missions to find them, with no indication whatsoever as to when they may be about. Not good.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well the EMs are a paid position, However I think we should assume the event will be this evening like almost all other events.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If it's paid, they should definitely be more organised! Some of us do have lives outside UO and just giving us some sort of time frame would be good.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Both Leprechauns and Clurichauns can be found in Trammel between 8 and 10pm.

From EM site.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Both Leprechauns and Clurichauns can be found in Trammel between 8 and 10pm.

From EM site.
Should keep people quiet. *grins* Thanks for the update.

U

UOFree

Re: [EM Event] St. Patrick's Day! (Between 8pm and 10pm)

Yes, Now people will just cry about why it was not posted earlier, so they didnt have to spend hours looking.

Well atleast it was expected if non around just wait untill evening when the EMs dont give a time :)

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What about this:
do they drop items on ground?
do they give items in trade mode?
do they give items in their loot?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not a report of such, but some screenshots I took from the evening.

This one on Bald Island kept healing itself up to 100% and took a while to kill!

Here is what the Ale looks like that was dropped from the Clurichauns. The Leprechauns dropped shirts.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't get any more impressive screenshots than Mapper did this time, but I did get 2 jugs of ale, so I've increased my gold 3 fold by selling them on... and isn't raising money for dubious causes the REAL spirit of St Patrick's day?! :p

I did manage to lore them both and record some of their stats;

The Claurichaun:

Hits: 5554
Stamina: 97
Mana: 5047
Strength: 770
Dexterity: 97
Intelligence: 523

Barding Difficulty: 160

Wrestling: 100
Tactics: 81.1
Resisting Spells: 148.6
Anatomy: 88.3
Poisoning: None
Magery: 107.2
Eval. Int: 99.1
Meditation: 94.9

It's resists were between 30-40% as I recall for all of them.

The Leprechaun had the following:

Hit Points: ????, but my EC skin had it around 4-8% of health left at 1k
Stamina: 90
Mana: 5047
Strength 770
Dexterity: 90
Intelligence: 524

Barding Difficulty: 160

The resists and the skills were almost identical to the Claurichaun too.

U

UOFree

Great event, only to much ground to cover and to few creeps spawning at a time :)

You could run from one area to another in 1 hour then back when new spawn came instead of running all around Trammel.
But else it was a great event shouldnt be to easy to get some items so I guess it makes it fine that we had to work for it :)

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for all the reports at least I got to see what happened :) I noticed you had to kill the Claurichaun to get the ale, did you have to kill the lepricorn too to get his shirt or did he drop it when chased?
One thing also I realy liked about this event was how many items there was to collect. one off each not mulpiles of the same item in different colours, nice.