• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Event] Special Meet & Greet! (Friday 29th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DATE: Friday 29th of October
TIME: 8pm UK Time, 9pm Central European Time, 3pm Eastern Daylight Time (New York)

Special Meet & Greet at the Counselors Hall in Britain 8pm UK time.
Come and have some fun and remember to bring along your pumpkins and Jack 'O Lanterns - this is essential!

From the EM Website.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mass pumpkin carving competition? :p I'm going to put some black powder in mine...

C

cheerful

10 years of playing and paying and I get 'locked out' for being 5 minutes late !

You can shove your pumpkins where the sun dosen't shine, you'll not see me at any more event.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
me too i was 6 minutes late .. read 6 minutes this really really sucks

spent like 2 hours in the fields looking fir my pumpkin ...just fir the event and i was fooooooking locked out... why were the god damn doors locked for the first time ever!!!!!

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
particularly annoying as the reason I was late was that the shard was down!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
totally sucks,,, whch ''greedy greedy greedy'' player asked for the doors to be locked from more than 10 year vets... totally sick

must been a player askinking door locked thriugh PURE SELFISH GREED

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cant exactly remember what did happen,but some player made a comment about new created chars and then doors got locked.Mesanna did say something about bad experiences on some other shards, she doesnt know the europa people. Was a bad choice made by the em's. Not many people at all there,even less of the regular folks.
They should make another event because of the server restart 20 minutes before start.

SirZ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna distributed black pumpkins and painted to this colour old pumpkins with she's name. She also had time to answer a few questions.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOO Yours just say O' Lantern, all mine from atlantic say Jack o' Lantern.

@the people who got locked out, you could of just died and ran through the locked door and asked for a res ;)

Thunderz

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna was early, I only knew cos a friend let me know.

Manticore was the one that said to lock the doors, and someone, not sure who, said something about alts, then Mesanna went to the doors and locked them.

I knew Alyx was coming, and I let them know, myself and Minerva, also said a few times that he was waiting outside but couldn't get in .. but there was no answer from Mesanna or the EMs :(

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My internet died so missed it, Not an impressive report here though. Glad I missed it, Rather not see anything than be stuck outside a door counting the grain.

I

Irvyn

*nods to Mapper* My internet was out too - I found out why, some massive exchange failure in Edinburgh :( But I would have been locked out too if I'd made it into game, had an event at 7.30 in Trinsic and was going to come on here afterwards so I know I'd have been late. At least I only have to regret missing one thing now *looks on the bright side* :)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOO Yours just say O' Lantern, all mine from atlantic say Jack o' Lantern.

@the people who got locked out, you could of just died and ran through the locked door and asked for a res ;)

Thunderz
Just one teeny weeny little snag with that theory - You cannot cast spells inside the Councillors Hall.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*nods to Mapper* My internet was out too - I found out why, some massive exchange failure in Edinburgh :( But I would have been locked out too if I'd made it into game, had an event at 7.30 in Trinsic and was going to come on here afterwards so I know I'd have been late. At least I only have to regret missing one thing now *looks on the bright side* :)
My service is so bad I never bothered to check for a 'reason'. Nice to see there was one! Thank you for the information.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa shard went down around 80 minutes before the event and since uoherald posted that the downtime will take about an hour, I thought the event cant possibly start in time.

As for locking the doors, we understand that neither the Ems nor Mesanna herself have the ability to distinguish the newly created characters from veteran players. That is the only reasonable explanation I got. I dont want to think a player's greed might have an effect on the decisions of the EMs or Mesanna.

I remember waiting for Mesanna to arrive in an event where she couldnt make it because of a technical difficulty. Its ironic to see players attending these events regularly to face some technical difficulty when Mesanna shows up.

I couldnt care less about Mesanna lanterns to be honest, spent my last two days trying to get lanterns for my own characters.

Oh, and by the way, since EMs already thanked Mesanna on EM website for her "restoring a piece of Europa's unique history":

Any news from the Moonglow Beer Garden?