• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Event] Queen Dawn's Funeral (Saturday 26th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DATE: Saturday 26th February 2011
TIME: 8pm UK, 9pm CET, 3pm EST, 11pm MSK

Queen Dawn's Funeral Ceremony will start at the Court of truth in Yew.

After the ceremony there will be a procession towards Queen Dawn's final resting place.

Everybody is welcome to say a few words. But we ask that you keep it short and above all, respectfull.

Source: Queen Dawn's Funeral

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
give my regards.....

but darn it....yet again ill be at work for one of the major storylines...surely we could pick a lesser night to do such an important event...everyone works saturday nights like me....jeeze.....why not make it a midweek night when everyone is off???

packs his lunch and looks at the clock....nearly time for the friday night shift....

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, thats what struck me down. Just saw a grey screen after Virtuebane attacked me.

And the most misleading name of the night award goes to: English Pitbull...

English Pitbull: "Can someone translate to german pls?"

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've left the screen shots with my UI in, so you can see the text and paperdolls etc. I didn't record any of the service, as the mourners repeating the sermon made it impossible to follow. And when the Bane and Blackrock Daemons first spawned, things got too hectic...

But starting with the scene on arrival; I gather Leo Marsden helped out with providing the initial flowers... and the Guards helped out with the initial crowd control as you can see!

Then Virtue Bane appeared; he mocked the deceased Dawn, and grandstanded a bit, which I largely missed due to all the spell spam alas... (I have Yell and Event on separate channels but none of the plot was in that I'm afraid). EM Layne later explained that Virtuebane took the Crystal from Ricardo amongst all the chaos. He could not however answer which Ricardo... apparently no one in the room saw when he arrived, whether with Avery or not.

There is it seems at least 2 versions of Ricardo in the current fiction, one with Zhah, and one with Avery. We know the one with Zhah had at least a piece of the Crystal, and that Uskadesh was a traitor; but whether one, or both Ricardos are double agents too we can't be certain of. If it was the one with Avery who came to the funeral, it's possibly Virtue Bane didn't have the Crystal and today's events are largely as experienced... and as he's had one taken from him too, there's definitely more than one part of the Crystal, one of which Zhah still has. If it was Zhah's Ricardo instead, it could also have been a set up by Virtue Bane still, just like most of his actions so far, as Uskadesh has had access to that Ricardo for quite some time.

And then Virtue Bane got stuck into us!

We got him down to around 92% health when suddenly Bane Dragon Riders and Blackrock Elementals arrived... Mass chaos ensued of course! You've all seen them by now, so no screen shots of those; I do not however know if they also dropped the new armour... I didn't get any, but so many people had looting rights that's not surprising.

I also didn't take many screen shots of the funeral procession, which walked towards Yew centre, then went back north to the Abbey, and around the left to the small archipelago here;

This will be her final resting place, although not her final resting state; EM Layne promised to use flowers donated to the Wedding Chapel in Britain to make a more scenic view into eternity for Dawn. What I wonder does "Atenio" mean in that screen shot? But it was good to see people return shortly after, those people with a rather longer attention span than the immature little small minds who tried to ruin the day had already got bored, and remembered Dawn in their own way and in their own words...

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He could not however answer which Ricardo... apparently no one in the room saw when he arrived, whether with Avery or not.
Nobody listens to me :( 'Ricardo' was there from well before the start of the event, as were Avery, Sherry, and a couple of others... his paperdoll (and several other NPC ones tonight) labelled him as 'Ricardo the Vendor'. In your first screenshot, he's the guy in orange, back row of the seats, facing away from the coffin and staring at the Yew guardsmen....

Doubtless there will be some thin excuse about total chaos, hordes of golems, and multiple deaths to cover up not listening to anything I say .... :mf_prop:

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet another event which gives rise to one of the great mysteries of UO.

Why do some parents let their 5 year olds stay up so late?.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody listens to me :( 'Ricardo' was there from well before the start of the event, as were Avery, Sherry, and a couple of others... his paperdoll (and several other NPC ones tonight) labelled him as 'Ricardo the Vendor'. In your first screenshot, he's the guy in orange, back row of the seats, facing away from the coffin and staring at the Yew guardsmen....
Oh I listen to you, and saw him; I meant which Ricardo, as there's two... I presume Avery would notice if "His" Ricardo didn't come with him to the funeral... but who knows? All we know is one was there.

T

Trevelyan

Ricardo the vendor, you say?
So Virtuebane just, well, bought it maybe :D?

Also, cant see the screenshots :( the downside of being in China. Hopefully I wont miss too many more events over the next week!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ricardo the vendor, you say?
So Virtuebane just, well, bought it maybe :D?

Also, cant see the screenshots :( the downside of being in China. Hopefully I wont miss too many more events over the next week!
I've done some investigating with Nimauq, and using proxies, so far he can see that Japan, India, Turkey and Israel are prevented from viewing it too; I'll need to investigate alternative hosting in the morning so everyone world wide can see them...pity as Imageshack have always been relatively good, at least so I thought!

T

Trevelyan

photobucket maybe?

If I can set something up, maybe we can use my website - has like 2.5tb data usage allowance per month and well, I never use it. Even still have a domain name free that i've not claimed :D any ideas? ICQ me about it sometime