• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS EM Event - October 26th

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EM event on Wednesday, October 26th at 8pm EDT (UTC -4)

Info pulled from EM Bennu's Facebook page

Sorry for no fancy prefix on post. But, I'm not a news person/staff member.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Just be sure to bump it the day before the BIG day ;) and you will be good to go.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Seems like the only time they log in, I don't really blame them there's not that much pvp action by the sounds of it. People should just let them do it instead of wasting their time doing a bunch of work for nothing.
Or all could grap some not to expensive gear do their best to kick them from the event unless they want to help killing the boss.

Why just give up? How many can the shard get together? PvP'er, lesser PvP'ers, monster killers? Try look at HI-5 as a heavy looting Boss monster, that need to be killed.

Would that not be more fun than just give up? Maybe it can be done and it won't be HI-5 who get the rewards this time, unless they choose to help killing the boss.

Sadly 8pm EDT is 2 am or something my time and I can't be there, else have loved to join the challenge and help the shard prove it can be done :(

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Or all could grap some not to expensive gear do their best to kick them from the event unless they want to help killing the boss.

Why just give up? How many can the shard get together? PvP'er, lesser PvP'ers, monster killers? Try look at HI-5 as a heavy looting Boss monster, that need to be killed.

Would that not be more fun than just give up? Maybe it can be done and it won't be HI-5 who get the rewards this time, unless they choose to help killing the boss.

Sadly 8pm EDT is 2 am or something my time and I can't be there, else have loved to join the challenge and help the shard prove it can be done :(
Yea, what ever happened to the naked stealth tamer with bolas and bandies hidden off screen that made Siege so famous?

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The problem is 10 disorganized people that are use to pvm aren't going to kill 2 or 3 pvp that know what they are doing. I haven't pvped in years and the one char I have left doesn't even have the right skills so I can't do anything worthwhile but heal. just watch some videos they will peel off a person out from the crowd (or a well timed dump) get them some what isolated and kill them rinse and repeat. They will teleport, cross heal and cast fields/walls. if you aren't ready to dispell field, heal/cure someone BESIDES yourself and maybe have some kind of dismounter then don't bother showing up.

Anyways I say let them do the em event follow them around with a stealther or ghost and raid them at the end. They might not even be able to kill the boss monster by them selfs. Everyone is going about this the wrong way the goal isn't to kill the boss monster the goal is to kill them FIRST or you wont kill the boss anyways.

Trust me they will be there, this is one of the only times they log on now days.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't know, numbers did matter in the past and we do have PvP'ers on Siege. GIL do have several who works great as team, Max alliance do have TBB, HOoO and a few more. TDO do not have many strong PvP'ers but I'm sure a few TDO would count too.
Then all the non PvP'ers, they still count if they do help with healing or try to do some damage to HI-5.

The problem will be, it's so easy to panic and forget to use trap boxes, potions, teleport, eggbombs etc. Try to accept you may risk to die, you may lose your suit and then focus on this 2-3 or even 5 HI-5.

If a fox get in a chicken house and all the chickens run scared around, the fox have an easy job killing them one after one. Lets say, all started to peck out the fox eyes and do as much damage they can with their the beak. I'm sure the fox would get a way harder job killing them.

I'm not here to tell people what to do, I just believe it would be an even all would remember for long time, special if at least one HI-5 died.

A few advice, be sure to have ways to heal and heal as soon you take damage, if you die, you can't help. And try to control the fear.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Totally unrelated to this thread but I don´t fight cheaters.

As for this topic, Ho-5 is a joke and I´ll be at the event. :)

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not saying HI-5 or other pks can't be killed what I'm saying is that when YOU are the ones who started the spawn and everyone is dying and spread out it's easy for the pks to do mop up work. let THEM start the spawn or just don't show up.

Whats going to happen is people will show up see no pks and think ok lets concentrate on killing this stuff. when the spawn is 3/4th done and people are spread out all over the place and some are ressing up they show up and not only are you trying not to die to the spawn you are now also trying not to die to the pks.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Golden Rule: Never let others dictate your playstyle. If you dont want to get in touch with badasses, aviod their places. As long as HI-5 is around, the can have all those EM-nonsense. Your place... I have mine.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would think that completely missing out on EM events would be the epitome of an affected play-style.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never been and will never be, affected by EM events.
Same here. Boycotted them for they dumbness for years. HI-5 just help me not to get tempted.

Gesendet von meinem PHICOMM CLUE+ mit Tapatalk

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is funny. Siege has a long history of "unwanted raiders" crashing player events. Some of the best times I have had has been either fighting those raiders off or being one of them*evil grin*.
Do like freja said, put the big girl panties on and try to kick their arse. Even if that fails you will probably have.....oh I don't know....fun?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tiberius, your answer is a gross simplification of the matter. But no need to go into details as many of the aspects would lead to my post being deleted. Lets say it this way: Do you want to run in a bicycle race if you know that the other contestants use steroids and want to kick you from your bike? I wouldnt...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm sure Tib know what he speak about, he is old UDL like me and played when Siege was alive and wild. He had been in other guilds too.
It must be sad for him to see what Siege had become.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe your guys need to learn a little from Nonel as they don't seem to be able to kill him, even when he stay and fight. Sure everyone are free to choose to fight or not.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you do realize that Nonel has a template that won't allow you to kill an event boss, right? Also I doubt Nonel would be able to do any significant damage in PvP running a mostly defensive template.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Nonel, quite the opposite he is really hard to kill and I find him entertaining...

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that being said I do believe that Hi5 should be fought by the people attending. remain calm when they show up, stay together and coordinate your attacks to where you wait patiently for a dismount and then pile on the dismounted Hi5 hoping to kill before he gets crosshealed etc.
easier said than done with players who have little to no PvP experience though...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes I know Nonels template is defensive. I also know it is easier said than done. Many will panic, many will forget, they do need to stay a live if they will have any chance help killing.
I sure sucks in team PvP so I'm not the right to tell how to do it but if you take GIL's alliances best PvP'ers together with your alliance and let the rest focus, healing, rezzing and staying a live, it may be possible. Now I know time is as bad for you as for me with this event :(
A tamer without any resist and way to heal will be a dead and useless tamer first time an areal spell hit the group.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol @ doc.

Yeah basically the thing is nobody here knows how to fend off a PK. These VETERANS apparently are complete newbs :p

(and made the "educated" decision about VvV.. *shakes head*)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reasonable and educated people just prefer not to spend time with the deplorable and the jerks. After my job and spending time with my kids I want to relax in the evening hours, which are valuable.

Why should anybody spend bis/her time just to serve as enjoyment of stupid kids and a target for their infantile verbal aggression? Our time is far too valuable to share it with a****les and people who dont stick to fair play. Just enjoy your miserable life -without the good and decent folks. Enjoy the EM events!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's a game Doc, like in Chess, you have to play to win. You can't just start to play Chess and beat someone who know how to play, you have to learn and lose a lot before you get good at it. Or you could look at it as Football, where your team need to work together.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really hope a GIL gets one of us and loots the suit. It will make all this worth it.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:facepalm::facepalm: You obviosly never played chess... Show me one good chessplayer that... Oh, well
.. Forget it. Ok. I leave this thread. I better leave you alone with your former Allies...

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I did play a lot chess, when I was a kid and young girl, my dad and gran dad loved playing Chess and learned me a lot. I remember i was beating my cousins arrogant hubby several times, he had a lot of excuses too.
Some always have a lot excuses when they can't win but in most cases, they just need a lot training and know how.
And yes, I'm tired of hearing that song, you know you can't sing here. You will die even to a 80 skilled PK and the reason is, you don't know how PvP.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure Tib know what he speak about, he is old UDL like me and played when Siege was alive and wild. He had been in other guilds too.
It must be sad for him to see what Siege had become.
It is. I also remember accusing folks of "cheating". I was also playing ona 32 bit operating system and when I woind up guilded with some of those folks, I found out that that had a wealth og LEGAL game knowledge and just some general skill. I used to bea pretty damn good pvper pre aos even even early on post aos but I never have gotten back to that point tbh. I still enjoy it though and all would get better if there were more fights to be had. I guarantee you, these Hi-5 guys would be ecstatic to see 7 or 8 groups on their skill level running around onja nightly basis. So would all you non com carfters because crap would fly off your vendors....

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did play a lot chess, when I was a kid and young girl, my dad and gran dad loved playing Chess and learned me a lot. I remember i was beating my cousins arrogant hubby several times, he had a lot of excuses too.
Some always have a lot excuses when they can't win but in most cases, they just need a lot training and know how.
And yes, I'm tired of hearing that song, you know you can't sing here. You will die even to a 80 skilled PK and the reason is, you don't know how PvP.
Chess has firm rules. I dont care about winning, losing, dying, nonsense. These guys dont follow basic rules. Whatever...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
An EM event on a shard like Siege should always be about PvP too or at least have a risk for it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I guarantee you, these Hi-5 guys would be ecstatic to see 7 or 8 groups on their skill level running around onja nightly basis. So would all you non com carfters because crap would fly off your vendors....
Yes this is all they ask for, but everytime new PvP'ers try to make it on Siege, they get bored and leave again. A few more real PvP groups would give them someone to fight and give the crafters and PvM'ers more peace to stock their vendors and they would get a lot more customers.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...all they ask for... These nice and cute fellas. They just want to play a bit. And we are the evil ones who dont let them. Those poor guys.

Here we are again: Freja's Fairy Tale. And next post will explain why they are underground fighters fighing for liberty against the sinister GIL-dictatorship.

Oh dear... :wall:

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh... I am stupid. I should stick to my words and shut up. Arguing with reasonable people is hard work. Arguing with insane people is impossible

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You can't shut up, no matter how hard you try :p

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to apologize for my last comment. Thats no appropriate communications style.