• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Event] Meeting with a Secret Agent (Monday 23rd)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DATE: Monday 23rd May 2011
TIME: 8pm UK, 9pm CEST, 3pm EDT, 11pm MSK

Meet with a Secret Agent at the Counsellors' Hall, North Britain Trammel 8pm UK time.

Come prepared to fight and use your minds!

Source: Meeting with a Secret Agent

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DATE: Monday 23rd May 2011
TIME: 8pm UK, 9pm CEST, 3pm EDT, 11pm MSK

Meet with a Secret Agent at the Counsellors' Hall, North Britain Trammel 8pm UK time.

Come prepared to fight and use your minds!

Source: Meeting with a Secret Agent
Love to be there, but europa is down....???

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually, i cant log europa for 2-3 days if first unavailable due to 100pct packetloss. I see this is unralated to my usual routing problem though, so getting my hope up for tomorrow!
It was down for 8 hours last weekend too... Sadly my blue beetle was out when it was, it went wild, and I lost my crafting talismans and Large Bulk Order Deed book :( Fortunately I've nothing at risk today, but it's still frustrating to be unable to get in again at the weekend. I hope they look at these server issues again soon; Those in game are pinging fine, so I believe it's a problem with the log in server though.

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So what happened last night???

Are we going to have the event another day? or was that the event we just had to run around looking silly while the EM was gone?

Or did the EM had power loss or technical problems, seems like very little information.
Messana was there and had to tell us the event was cancelled so what will happen now?

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what happened last night???

Are we going to have the event another day? or was that the event we just had to run around looking silly while the EM was gone?

Or did the EM had power loss or technical problems, seems like very little information.
Messana was there and had to tell us the event was cancelled so what will happen now?
Just adding my recap: Event starts; em gates us ; we end up in a tram version of kahldun, stuck for 2 hours, no ems on, mesanna shows, says sorry for our EM's are gone, event is cancelled.

Sounds just about right?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh dear sorry u you guys/gals had such a bad time, on the up side maybe Messana will do a ''make up were sorry event'' on our shard instead of the main usa shards only and give us a spin on her roulette table too!!!!!!!!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was particularly unfortunate that we were in Khaldun (a no-gate no-res area) When i arrived the entrance was filled with ghosts waiting for a res. They had to leave to get one and then of course there was no way back in from where they exited. Everyone was hoping for some assistance from the EMs as we didnt know it had been cancelled.

Also galling is that people persevered and found and killed the 'Weakened Misara Khan' and then nothing happened. This meant people thought there was more to do and everyone wasted time re-exploring Khaldun.

Ah well - thats life rolleyes:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sure people will correct me where memory proves faulty, but my understanding of the event went like this; Note that at this time the way into Trammel Khaldun is still open so you can legally get there for a brief time.

We met the Secret Agent at the Councillors Hall, and after a brief introduction, a number of us tried to role-play getting him to prove he knew Nathan, and was on his side. He gave the response "Jumanjii" which was a code from a previous event, but also threw a lot of people within my guild chat who only knew the film instead! He then explained that Nathan in his stricken state was only able to mutter one name "Karnansus".

Then we were gated to the entrance to the Hidden Valley (west of Trinsic, behind the Painted Caves). Inside there was an npc hut, and we found a "Horse Trainers Whip" in one book case upstairs. There was a book in the next case, which said (and thank you to the Pinco UI which automatically copies text from any opened boom to a text file for ease of reporting);

Reminder
by MK

*must get necklace fixed
sometime when I can find
a decent jeweller*

Necklace in chest.

(I have spoilered them to prevent huge thread overflow, and also in case the first books are part of events to come. Spelling and formatting as the original).

On the bed was "Karnansus' Hat".

Using the teleporter at the back of the Hidden Valley we were able to get into the basement. The metal box (now locked as of writing) had a necklace inside, and a book which said:

A Diary Page
by MK

And so they hav efound
my workplace and my
secret.

That damn orc was no
use in the end and my
plans for a "cure" for
Yew are disturbed.

*sighs*

If only I could find one
to love me as I wish to
be loved?

Am I not pretty?

Am I not the prettiest
lady in the Kingdom?

But where there is no
King or Queen can we
call it still a kingdom?

I am the fairest of them

all!

And I will have them see
this!

At this point, we all got completely stuck. Hex I think it was went to Jhelom stables and found there was an order there for riding gear, but how he discovered that I have no idea. Halfway through explaining the items there disappeared, which led us to believe these were accidentally items from a previous EM event we had re-discovered.

As we sat around debating, a Blood Elemental attacked, and someone found a book on it which explained we needed to speak the name of Karnansus, at least this is the rumour I heard over Event chat.

Shortly after someone discovered that you needed to say it exactly on the dagger on the floor by the NPC in this screen shot.

I was I think the third or so into the dungeon; it seemed to be case sensitive as people weren't getting in without the capital K. From there, we needed to do the following;

Double click this skull by my feet: The book read;

Welcome?
by The Guardian

Well met good sir or
madam.

I see you have found
your way into my lair
which protects the
gateway to ...

No matter.

I have protected her
form while she rests in
her pool of blood.

She has entrusted me
with

her safety but let me
leave a trail for her
followers who will be
coming to save her.

If ye be a follower there
is nothing to fear.

But if ye come to harm
her ye shall die and rot
alone down here.

On the other side, the book said
Example
by The Guardian

If I order you to be
disordered I could mean
sequenced logically but
mixed by type.

With hindsight, remembering the "Pool of Blood" in the first book would have saved us a fair but of later stress, alas it's hard to concentrate on that when the rest of the way involved fighting through huge Guardians at almost every stage...

I don't have many images of the actual fighting for a similar reason, and because by this time we were already starting to get frustrated as each step was dragging it out for longer and longer... After fighting off the Skeletal Dragons above, we came to this;

The trick was to tread on the skull this time. Beyond this gate, we found rings scattered on the floor. If you walked along the south wall you got teleported back to the start.

At the end of this corridor was a room with the last ring, and a book which read
Ring of Fire?
by The Guardian

Six rings there were.

Numbers and letters.

They form the trigger.

Ordered but disordered.

The solution linked back to the second book and it's comments on disorder. You needed to stand on the pentagram and say "a4c7d9", which was the letters and numbers on the rings ordered correctly by ascending order, and separated by type.

Beyond that, even more Guardians, and a long, loooong run to the next puzzle, the solution to which was inside a "Pirates Chest".

Cryptic
by The Guardian
This is what he who once
owned this chest would
use to injure a young
lady perhaps?

Trying to step through the tempting open space just teleported you back to the start again...

The correct way through was to say "Cutlass" by the chest. Another run led to the next, much more obvious puzzle.

Click the flame field to progress. Huge mobs on the other side again, a book which stated

Anagram
by The Guardian

Solve the anagram and
seek the arcane circle to
utter the name of your
ultimate enemy!

... and 3 skeletons of previous adventurers, each containing one word of an anagram. The correct response was to say "collector of souls" on the pentagram again. Then there was a fight through mobs, towards a blockaded moongate at the end. It was surrounded by Reaper [Guardians] and I believe killing some of them removed some of the stone around the moongate with a huge explosion.

And then... this is where things REALLY went to crap. As we arrived in Khaldun, there were huge mobs waiting on the gate, possibly from people going ahead, panicing and running back and pulling spawn onto the arrival point. Almost all of us wiped as soon as we appeared, and then we discovered what only a few vets knew; you cannot ressurect yourself or pets, teleport or gate into Khaldun. And leaving doesn't allow you back, so you had to do the entire obstacle course again from Hidden Valley to get back to your corpse.

Which fortunately I managed to do, but I'm sure a lot of people lost their corpses there. After dying twice I put my Greater Dragon away and swapped to my fastest mount just to get back in time and at least use Vortexes instead. But by now people were strung all over Khaldun trying to stay alive, as well as work out what was happening; I'd managed to help people over the previous obstacles, but not many people knew what was specific to Khaldun and what was new, so I (and presumably a lot of others) was frantically googling the dungeon and trying to co-ordinate in Event;

Image courtesy of UOGuide.

However people were trying to solve the Puzzle Chests and clicking on scenery and trying to be helpful in reporting what they were doing, what colours worked etc, which made it impossible to keep people from getting even more confused as naturally people (including me) at first thought they might have found a unique box somewhere. In the end I spotted some people I knew were experts in the game running in a similar direction and followed them; I briefly saw "A Weakened Mizra Kahn" by the blood pool bottom left on the map, but instantly got whacked by double Shadow monsters that spawned right on top of me. I cannot tell you what she looked like I'm afraid, I didn't get a good enough look at the model. I used "Help" to teleport out to Cove and came running back. I only just made it to my corpse but my items took 20 minutes to return to me strangely; Mizra was already dead by the time I got back, but only one person reported being there for the kill, and there being nothing special on her.

But no one knew what to do next; So about 30 of the most stubborn of us wandered around trying everything. A number of us broke into the sealed off area, and in desperation ended up having a tea party on the chairs there;

Later on, someone had the wisdom to email Mesanna and ask if she could come sort out the mess. She apparently announced in Global that the EM was gone and the event was being cancelled. After which, a number of us decided to try and find the Khaldun books whilst here; I made a fool of myself spending nearly an hour trying to get one from Morg Bergen, until someone kindly pointed out he doesn't actually have one... d'oh!

But what can I say? Whilst it was ungodly frustrating at the time, I did actually get to see Khaldun for the first time in years, and without having to risk Fel either; so I was somewhat strangely satisfied by the end. However in a wider sense, it was an absolute disaster of an event, because it just led to a massacre of plenty of people... and an incomplete story for the role-players, or just financial waste of time for the more cynical.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At this point, we all got completely stuck. Hex I think it was went to Jhelom stables and found there was an order there for riding gear, but how he discovered that I have no idea. Halfway through explaining the items there disappeared, which led us to believe these were accidentally items from a previous EM event we had re-discovered.
The riding gear I was talking about was something I found awhile ago, before the horse races started, not last night.
I used a clue from one of Nathans spies to find MK's new lair in the hidden valley and found the books, the necklace with the broken clasp and the horse whipe then too .. there was also a blue horse guardian.

Another clue from one of the spies lead me to the tailor shop in Jhelom where I found a list of riding gear they wanted and that they would send word later for when they would be back to pick the items up .. but I never found any clues to when they would pick the items up and the list was gone last night.

Again, all of this was before the horse races started, but as there were no clues last night when we got to the hideout in the hidden valley, I thought maybe our next step was the tailor shop in Jhelom, but then I was told that Karnansus' hat appeared on the bed so I returned to the hidden valley.

I briefly saw "A Weakened Mizra Kahn" by the blood pool bottom right on the map, but instantly got whacked by double Shadow monsters that spawned right on top of me. I cannot tell you what she looked like I'm afraid, I didn't get a good enough look at the model. I used "Help" to teleport out to Cove and came running back. I only just made it to my corpse but my items took 20 minutes to return to me strangely; Mizra was already dead by the time I got back, but only one person reported being there for the kill, and there being nothing special on her.
The 'A Weakened Mizra Kahn' was a succubuss, I was there when it was killed and I found nothing special on the corpse .. even when it went public.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From Europa Event Moderators Website
A Brief Statement on the EM Event 23rd May 2011

This event was designed specifically for the players to work on their own in order to overcome the challenge of not only an EM designed dungeon but also to give Trammel players a taste of Khaldun and the ability to explore it in a Trammel based rule set.

We realised early on that the information to get the event started wasn't enough and so we gave more clues - reacting to the players' trouble.

We watched the event unfold up to the point where Mizara Khan's weakened form was killed.

I can only apologise for the confusion that occured after this happened as I thought that this was clearly the end-point for this event.

With hindsight I should have made that clear at the beginning of the event as this would have made the whole event more enjoyable.

EM Sarakan

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahh cool so soon we dont need EMs anymore? just tell us where to go and we just run around doing what we could normally be doing....
I must say that the Events on Europa are getting poorer and poorer, and the amount of events are a lot fewer than other shards. And now they dont even need to do much work at the events?...
Who do you think wrote, designed and built that event in Kaldahan if it wasn't the EMs? They might not have been visible but they were clearly 'needed'.

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Who do you think wrote, designed and built that event in Kaldahan if it wasn't the EMs? They might not have been visible but they were clearly 'needed'.
yes ofcause, well they gotta work a little to get their paychecks, but most of those things takes very little time to create but I guess we all see it differently. If you only do events on one shard you don't get to see how it is for others.

Considering we have two EMs and they get paid for a max of 20 hours each a month