• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Event] Happy Easter! (Quest Lasting Several Days)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy Easter!

The Easter Bunny has been seen in the garden of Castle British!

Happy Easter everybody!

EM Emile Layne & EM Sarakan

------------------------------------

If you go out in the woods today...

You're sure of a big surprise!
If you go out in the woods today
You'd better go in disguise.

For every bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain, because
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic...

The teddy bears will be having their picknick shortly after tonight's publish near Hedgemaze, Felucca.

Events taken from the Europa EM Website.

---------------------------------------

I spoke with EM Emile Layne and he said the event will run for a few days, Both the Bunny at the castle and Bears in Felucca are entirely different things not just for Trammel/Felucca players.

Thanks EM Emile Layne and EM Sarakan!

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm, I have gotten the basket, defeated all guardians, the unlocked chest is empty?
*goes to think*

U

UOFree

Well lets see if the baskets recharges. Some nice items from them tho :)

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm, maybe but noone else was fighting and chest showed 0 items while i was fighting and same when I was finished with last guardian,.....

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm,

I hate working things out on my own, also, don't really play any more so can anyone tell me what the hell to do?

Thanks guys!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm, maybe but noone else was fighting and chest showed 0 items while i was fighting and same when I was finished with last guardian,.....
What part of the quest is this?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea where people are getting Guardians and Locked Chests from... If you mean the basket at the final location, any spawn that was in the final location has probably been killed by people running for the baskets, as the room was empty every time I arrived. And the basket does show 0 charges, but double clicking it spawns a basket in your backpack with 10 charges. And I've not tried using my Easter baskets so far, so any further chest that might be in it is unknown to me!

Regarding the Trammel quest; it's highly confusing as the Easter Bunny is not clickable, and does not say anything when approached, at least as long as I have been trying desperately to figure out how ANYONE got the quest started, let alone solved it so soon.

However to give those of you confused a clue; Stand near The Easter Bunny and say the word "Help". And then, for those of you like myself who have played all the original Ultima games, all I will add to guide you further is... Name! Job! Bye!

The Felucca quest just seemed to be a case of running to the picnic spot and clicking the red basket on the picnic mat. And if there were ever bears there on Europa, they seemed to have been killed by the time I arrived. It's by the small lake as you approach from Britain Moongate towards the Hedge Maze. Good luck getting it chaps, I fear it will soon be camped to buggry.

Apparently every character can do each side's quest once.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am talking about the fel part of the quest. Check out hedge maze fel side (and I mean around hedge maze), have fun with the teddy bears!

there are two wooden boxes right east of the picknick (both were locked until I killed all guardians). I could put things inside but not take them out until they got unlocked after killing the guardians (some sort of super teddy bears that become grobu corpses once killed). Chests were empty.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TRAM SIDE SPOILER:

After much experimentation with the Bunny, it's still not obvious how the conversation gets to the first clue; someone told me that there are "muddy footprints" near the Bunny which was a visual clue as to where the Bunny was going, but I don't see any such prints in either client to be honest. And nothing in the conversation hints at this location. My suspicion is that you are supposed to discover the definite visual clue at the different location first instead, and then go to the Easter Bunny and say an associated word from that spot.... but the visual clue in the game world is really subtle and easily missed, and you can't get the location of where it is, or where the Bunny was coming from, from any realistic trigger word at the Bunny itself. Once you do know one specific word, all of the conversation clues then fit together .... but I suspect the only way most will follow the quest as it's supposed to be will involve being told how to talk to the Bunny and then where the first spot is, or what the key word was which allows the second parts onwards to flow correctly, and just skipping the confused first bits.

Full spoiler... if anyone wants to see how I think it should go, copy the text below into the page here; http://etntelephone.com/encrypter/
Use the Keyword of "Bunny" to decrypt and reveal the full plot.

c5;YFYW@3pAS&YF%VSYF{OP1j%Nr4s*77,o3@N6x7,VYFAO&,p
+@N6c*3SBay3SGuUr,!ayW,YF73N6u5SN6g7SZ5tUr59ayNUzs
7,O,omNrBbDNrYG_YS)f%53YGUr,!ay?V7ayrOBuZ&N6C+33Hay
O35ayW,YFBWZ)ay,S)mUr}!vUrO1p+,N6cZW3&ayNU3iV@S5ay
,V7sZNr9s*1N6u5SN6DZ1SCf}}FYFu@YYFVP5DuUrN8DZ1SCf}
}N8ayO35ayW,YFBWZ)ay,S)mUr}!vUr,@b%NrYh7,N7tUrRAp)
7S5ayW,Yf!Nr]b)NrCiZ&SQayn@*ayOP!v%NrYG?O7YGUrO}eUr
WCay,S)m!NrHp+NrCiV,N6j%NSBayON6nV7N6u*NrYh7,N7tUr
V!nZFN6M*QOCfUr,@fUr1ZqUrW}ayo&,uVW3YFwS17uZ&}YFV3
RYF7,N6x7ZZYF%OY7ay}5Day,5YF%VSYF_V&,oZNrYh*TN6D*1
7Zt!W5}:UrwDt%NrBp+,VYF*TN6u5S&7ayW@YFVNr=bWPWCayu
5)fMNr0pUrPZd&NrCpUr,@fUroDo;}N6a3O35ayO@*ayOP!v%Nr
CiZNrYG45Z7azNrZoYNr,uUr),m@NrCf@ZN6z*;N6u5O,YFD5;
YF;SS5ayON6az#S3sZ,N6X*&RYGUr,!ayNU&f%Nr,oMNryt&Nr
Zc*;,YFUs#7d}S,YFa5&5azNrZoYNr,uUr@Zz!NrHp+Nr]v!,N6
qV@@YFVNrAjYRZ7:UrnBlUrO1p+,N6a3Ns=jYRZ7azNrZoYNr,
uUr9DjES@YFD5;YFV@N6u*NrFiDNrCiZNr6h3NrFb!Nr@jYW3&
:Ur?@fUr&,eYZSYf!NrZo!)SAayNUSu5O,YF!517p;SN6f@@SYF
%5Z5ay1SsayW@Q:MFN6azoS3b+@SYF7,N6xV@N6bUrZ,u%ZSYF
XVW3lZ3N8:UrN6a325FayU&!b;Nr@fV&,,mDkN6X5S3YFD5;YF
V3@Ff}NrCi7@eYFD5;YF3S,YF%VSYF!SQAf%NrFp}RFYF{S77b
%NrYh%VWBay)5AeUr)@j@@,YF!,5!eUrOCay,V7ay0O1c7,N6I
*ZSYFVUO,olNrZoYNr&pUrU7uUrOYFWO@*f%FN6a3n35ay,VZu
US@YF7,k

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TRAM SIDE SPOILER:

After much experimentation with the Bunny, it's still not obvious how the conversation gets to the first clue; someone told me that there are "muddy footprints" near the Bunny which was a visual clue as to where the Bunny was going, but I don't see any such prints in either client to be honest.
Not near the bunny, near an NPC talking to the bunny leads you to ... didn't post anything as I found it since it was about 2AM, but I'll try put the whole Trammel line into a post shortly...

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May turn out to be a complete walkthrough, rather than just a spoiler...

You find the Easter Bunny in Brit castle, and talk to him - following keywords and responses seem to do the trick...

Curunir: Easter Bunny
The Easter Bunny: *Hops* Hello! Happy Easter!

Curunir: Happy Easter
The Easter Bunny: *Summersaults* I love Easter! *Hops* I hop around and hide Easter Eggs

Curunir: Easter Eggs
The Easter Bunny: *Looks sad* I'm sorry! I don't have any gifts... I forgot my Easter Basket at home!

Curunir: Home
The Easter Bunny: I had a map but I lost it on the way here! Will you help me find it?

Curunir: Help
The Easter Bunny: *Hops* I had the map with me when I left home. So I must have lost it on the way.

Curunir: lost it on the way
The Easter Bunny: *Thinks* I'll try to remember...

Curunir: remember
The Easter Bunny: Yes! I was very hungry. So Pepta gave me some lettuce!

Curunir: Lettuce
The Easter Bunny: *Summersaults* It was gooood!

Curunir: Pepta
The Easter Bunny: Pepta works with the chef

Before you dash off... you know the Bunny lived in a rabbit hole, so try this -

Curunir: rabbit hole
The Easter Bunny: Did you find it? You need to know the secret word before you can enter...

Curunir: secret word
The Easter Bunny: Ok, I will tell you the secret word... IF you can solve my riddle!

Curunir: riddle
The Easter Bunny: Here's the riddle: Why did the Easter Egg hide?
Curunir: Because he was a little chicken

The Easter Bunny: He was a little chicken! That's right *Hops* The secret word is: enterthesecreteasterbunnyhole

So now you know the rabbit met Pepta - the food taster in the castle, so go to her. She doesn't speak or respond, all you can do is get the old Satiety Cure quest from her - but the important bit is the muddy footprints around her....

This where you need to think a little laterally. Mud may well come from fields, so head off into the fields near Britain. Sure enough in one of them are some rabbit droppings, and various human bones! No rabbit hole yet... but again, think a little, where would you normally associate with human remains?

So off you go to Brit graveyard... sure enough, up in one of the vaults is a backpack with rabbit hair on it, and inside that is a map. When I found it there were no markers, but it's pretty clear it's a map of the Compassion shrine and the surrounding desert, so head to the shrine (watch out for the monster spawn), go a little way south - and you find a rabbit hole.

Stand by that, use the password, and you drop into a winding cave passage, follow that until you find a basket on the floor - double click that, you get a basket of your own that produces (well for me it did anyway) rabbit-shaped sweets! The basket you get has ten charges - no idea if it also recharges like the cornucopia, have to wait and see, and also don't know if the sweets do anything other than maybe cause toothache...

As far as I can tell, you can't repeat the quest on a character, the message you get if you try use the bunny's basket again implies a timer between uses but I have no idea how long that might be. However, you can run any character to the basket, seems they don't need to have done the other steps of the quest or read the map, so I expect to see a fair few people popping up near the Compassion shrine for a day or two...

Feel free to add or correct anything in there . Since I did this at 2AM and am writing it up still feeling shattered and ready to go to sleep again, I'll be amazed if I have not missed something out, but I reckon the vital bits are in there!

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May turn out to be a complete walkthrough, rather than just a spoiler...

You find the Easter Bunny in Brit castle, and talk to him - following keywords and responses seem to do the trick...

Curunir: Easter Bunny
The Easter Bunny: *Hops* Hello! Happy Easter!

Curunir: Happy Easter
The Easter Bunny: *Summersaults* I love Easter! *Hops* I hop around and hide Easter Eggs

Curunir: Easter Eggs
The Easter Bunny: *Looks sad* I'm sorry! I don't have any gifts... I forgot my Easter Basket at home!

Curunir: Home
The Easter Bunny: I had a map but I lost it on the way here! Will you help me find it?

Curunir: Help
The Easter Bunny: *Hops* I had the map with me when I left home. So I must have lost it on the way.

Curunir: lost it on the way
The Easter Bunny: *Thinks* I'll try to remember...

Curunir: remember
The Easter Bunny: Yes! I was very hungry. So Pepta gave me some lettuce!

Curunir: Lettuce
The Easter Bunny: *Summersaults* It was gooood!

Curunir: Pepta
The Easter Bunny: Pepta works with the chef

Before you dash off... you know the Bunny lived in a rabbit hole, so try this -

Curunir: rabbit hole
The Easter Bunny: Did you find it? You need to know the secret word before you can enter...

Curunir: secret word
The Easter Bunny: Ok, I will tell you the secret word... IF you can solve my riddle!

Curunir: riddle
The Easter Bunny: Here's the riddle: Why did the Easter Egg hide?
Curunir: Because he was a little chicken

The Easter Bunny: He was a little chicken! That's right *Hops* The secret word is: enterthesecreteasterbunnyhole

So now you know the rabbit met Pepta - the food taster in the castle, so go to her. She doesn't speak or respond, all you can do is get the old Satiety Cure quest from her - but the important bit is the muddy footprints around her....

This where you need to think a little laterally. Mud may well come from fields, so head off into the fields near Britain. Sure enough in one of them are some rabbit droppings, and various human bones! No rabbit hole yet... but again, think a little, where would you normally associate with human remains?

So off you go to Brit graveyard... sure enough, up in one of the vaults is a backpack with rabbit hair on it, and inside that is a map. When I found it there were no markers, but it's pretty clear it's a map of the Compassion shrine and the surrounding desert, so head to the shrine (watch out for the monster spawn), go a little way south - and you find a rabbit hole.

Stand by that, use the password, and you drop into a winding cave passage, follow that until you find a basket on the floor - double click that, you get a basket of your own that produces (well for me it did anyway) rabbit-shaped sweets! The basket you get has ten charges - no idea if it also recharges like the cornucopia, have to wait and see, and also don't know if the sweets do anything other than maybe cause toothache...

As far as I can tell, you can't repeat the quest on a character, the message you get if you try use the bunny's basket again implies a timer between uses but I have no idea how long that might be. However, you can run any character to the basket, seems they don't need to have done the other steps of the quest or read the map, so I expect to see a fair few people popping up near the Compassion shrine for a day or two...

Feel free to add or correct anything in there . Since I did this at 2AM and am writing it up still feeling shattered and ready to go to sleep again, I'll be amazed if I have not missed something out, but I reckon the vital bits are in there!
Nice walkthrough Aurelius :)

Some more keywords in the spoiler.

muddy pawmarks - Oh! Tell Pepta i'm sorry! I remember where I was before; I was in a field searching for carrots!

skull - *Eyes widen* That was so scary!

scary - A Skeleton was after me! Luckily a brave warrior killed it before it could get me!

skeleton - I had to hop for my life! He chased me all the way from the Cemetery

cemetery - I know... I shouldn't have gone there. But I had to, to get to the fields with carrots!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hah! Cheers Odin, never got those at all, I just made a leap of 'logic' and missed half the story! :dunce:

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This continues through Wednesday as noted on the EM Website.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHY only a few days////we are real life too!!! we are NOT ALL layabout 24/7 players?????

DEVS try to bring us real life players with jobs and family commitments over the holidays.. we come back from real life duties/parties family get toghters while the 24/7 layabouts play uo 24/7 as normal and get it all??????????

WHY DO REGULAR PLAYERS GET SHAFTED AGAIN!!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both the Trammel and Felucca quests are still available as of 9pm today.

You will find the Easter Bunny in the courtyard of the Castle Britannia.

K

Kiminality

WHY only a few days////we are real life too!!! we are NOT ALL layabout 24/7 players?????

DEVS try to bring us real life players with jobs and family commitments over the holidays.. we come back from real life duties/parties family get toghters while the 24/7 layabouts play uo 24/7 as normal and get it all??????????

WHY DO REGULAR PLAYERS GET SHAFTED AGAIN!!
Go go hyperbolic reaction!