• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed EM Event Feedback

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello friends,

Before I post our November schedule, I’d like to respond to feedback received from last night’s event. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I can’t stress this enough: My events will only get better with feedback, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to me in-game or via email.

There are two primary components to being a successful EM: event management and community management.

Like any new job or responsibility, proficiency comes with practice. You can consider me a neophyte EM, as I’ve now completed two combat-driven events. I’ve received feedback at both, and the second went better than the first (though with flaws I’ll address in a moment), and, hopefully, the next one will go better than the last. I have to say this has become the easier component of my responsibilities compared to the community management aspect, as I know, with time, my events will improve.

If you’ve been in a customer service position of any kind, you know that it is impossible to please everyone, all the time. If players are upset because the boss was too easy, the story too confusing, or the drop boring, that feedback is clear and actionable, and it will be improved in further iterations. If you are upset because you feel the event system is fundamentally flawed and you don’t enjoy participating, that is much more difficult to change. This indicated to me that the core Sonoma player is not receiving a positive user experience from the entertainment I’m delivering. For this, there is no quick fix, but to me, it’s much more important than event mechanics.

I’ll continue to digest your feedback after each event and iterate to improve on both the events themselves as well as nurturing my relationship with the Sonoma players. I plan to stick around for awhile, so again, let me know what you want out of your events, and I’ll do my best to deliver.

Now, on to the feedback!

• Yikes! I got lost, and what was up with that gravestone that no one could find?
    • This was recurring feedback from my first event. I’ll work on keeping the paths more linear and will try to avoid large dungeons and too many NPCs in different locations. This tends to split up the group, and half the players are waiting at the end, while the other half are trying to catch up.
  • OMG, we said NO SMALL DUNGEON FIGHTS, and you did it anyway!! Oh the lag!
    • Umm… yeah. Noted… too laggy and confusing
  • I couldn’t get to my corpse because the boss teleported me to an unreachable location.
    • This was a problem, as a couple people lost their corpses. If I use that ability on a boss again, I’ll make sure he’s in a location without obstructions. If this happens, message me in chat and I’ll do my best to find your corpse and move it to a reachable location.
  • I like meeting in Serpent’s Hold. Can we meet there instead of the EM Hall?
    • We can meet at both! The EM Hall will have furniture soon, but I also love the setup in SH and will use that venue, as well.

I’ve also reached out to Mesanna regarding shard bound drops, and will let you know when I have an answer. Once again, I truly appreciate your feedback (positive and negative), and am grateful to be your EM.

Continue reading...