• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event: Avery's Farewell

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As written on the Europa EM site;

Avery's Farewell

Nathan Hawke burst through the tavern doors. He had something urgent to ask Avery and he needed an answer right now... but the tavern was empty the only thing that was left was a book left casually on the table. Nathan read the hastily written note, put the book down, turned on his heels and left the tavern in a hurry. The Queen must be told of this.

Earlier Avery had said his farewells and had a drink with those who had turned up to wish him bon voyage but he had one last place to visit before he left these precious lands for the unknown.

Stepping out of the Moongate in Magincia he looked sadly at the ruins which were all that was left of the once proud city.

After wandering there for some time he made his way in disguise towards Britain. It was on the way that he was ambushed by brigands on the road. Bravely he fought off the cut throat gang but a lucky swing with a cudgel caught him on the temple and he blacked out…

When he came round the remaining bottles of ale were all gone - no doubt on their way to the smugglers and pirates of the land or maybe taken to be buried in the less well inhabited corners of the lands. Avery shrugged and thanked the virtues that at least the brigands hadn’t slit his throat whilst he was unconscious, maybe they had recognised him? Or maybe they had been disturbed by others…

Avery’s last wish before he set foot on the boat was that he hoped the bottles could somehow be recovered and that they would be cherished as his final parting gift to the people of Sosaria. They had not been easy to come by after all. But that is another story for another time…
It looks like your anguished cries have been heard, and they have created a second chance to get the ale at least. So far however, I cannot tell if it's active or not. The book is indeed placed within the Cat's Den again (south of West Britain Bank), but Trevelyan and I have been unable to locate any further clues. There's nothing as far as I can see in Buccaneer's Den or in the tunnels beneath, and no new NPCs to question. There is a map on the docks which points to the ork fort south of Yew, but there's nothing inside. We did not locate any pirate camp between Britain and Trinsic.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spent a fruitless hour and a half last night - found nothing at all unless you count the book in the tavern. It mentions he has purchased a boat but got no further forward with that line either. Problem is there is very little to go on as to what we should be looking for.

Sun morning - Thanks to the info above I found the map (which I somehow failed to spot when in Buccs Den) and I think the location is the Brigand Camp rather than the orc one. There is a sledge hammer in the road outside (used on Avery?) but I found nothing inside the camp either. Had a quick run of the road from there to Britain but saw nothing unusual.

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried just slaughtering brigands en masse in case the ale has been added to their loot table (probably as a very rare drop along the lines of moonstone jewellery)? After the fiction implies that's where the bottles ended up

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I killed about 70 of the now Elfish-Brigands at their main camp last night, but didn't get anything from them, and I moused over all the bottles that spawned with them. The random spawn near the Orc Camp didn't have anything either, and I was on my treasure hunter so I popped the chests too. We may know more at the 8pm event tonight, but we'll see.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I killed about 70 of the now Elfish-Brigands at their main camp last night, but didn't get anything from them, and I moused over all the bottles that spawned with them. The random spawn near the Orc Camp didn't have anything either, and I was on my treasure hunter so I popped the chests too. We may know more at the 8pm event tonight, but we'll see.
I don't think EMs can adjust existing spawns, Hopefully people will find something soon however.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was going to make a new post about this hunt but I'll put it here, Hope everyone sees it.

This afternoon the following was found at Sacrifice Moongate, Ilshenar.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beats me - and I notice the marker has gone from the map in Buccs Den now

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The map at Bucs Den can be manually marked and cleared, so it's not that I'm afraid. I killed about 50 Brigands in the far east of Ilshenar, around Terrort but to no avail. A quick paniced rush through the mobs around Chaos Gate didn't show anything, and I've not seen anything running towards the random gypsy camps for imbuing gems either... so where ever it's hidden, it's not somewhere obvious!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After an awful lot of wandering around Ilshenar, finally saw a [Guardian] bandit NPC, and after a long time fighting him, when he eventually died the corpse had a bottle of the ale on it.... sadly though another [Guardian] didn't respawn in the spot I found him in, so there may be a limited supply of them!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
spent 2 fruitless hours combing ilshnear and nothing...is there a time these things spawn?? or indeed are they still spawning??

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I asked Emile, they don't respawn, they're a kill once only deal.

Aurelius, you find one or more? Was it overland or in a dungeon?

Emile wouldn't tell me how many there were, but he said there were more then 3, so there could be more out there, or people aren't owning up to finding them.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only seen one, overland - by the small lake just NE from Exodus Lair.

I suspect they have all been found by now, just not necessarily by Stratics folks. I'm pretty much at a loss for more places for me to look in Ilsh too, bar the Chaos shrine....

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the EM Website:

Brigands! Part Two

The remaining brigands looked at their bottles of Firebrew Ale and gathered themselves into a huddle and whispered to each other in quiet but hurried voices. They were the last twelve of the gang and they knew their time was short as they had been hunted down in Ilshenar and given a beating by the Meer also.

Fleeing back to Trammel in disguise they now decided there was only one course of action open to them. They had to make the dangerous move into Felucca.

They made a pact and all agreed they should seek safety underground in the dungeons across the land. There was no point in sticking together they just made a more obvious target.

And so it was that the last twelve bottles of Firebrew Ale were carried by their guardian brigands into the dark places of Felucca...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow..... i found 3 brigands very quickly after seeing the late announcement..all 3 near the 2nd floor entrances at the easist 3 dungeons at covetous, shame and despise the one in despise had no bottle on the corpse but was told a stealther may have stole it??? darn the fel ruleset LoL ...after this time quite a few reds started show up and roam around...alas i was very happy with the two,,,one me !! and one for a freind if they wanna swop for another em event item that i missed!!!

so i left the mally unscathed while the going was good and left 9 other bottles to others who seeked one too...

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From producer's update
The EMs will be running a few interim events this weekend before we move on to the next story arc event.
Is it today or tomorrow?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From producer's update

Is it today or tomorrow?
well i got my 2 bottles last night around 21.00- 22.00 ish??... after the announcement that the last 12 brigands had fled to the 'dark' parts of felluca.

Announcements!

Brigands in Felucca Update
As of 9am Saturday 2nd October all Brigands carrying Firebrew Ale in Feluccan dungeons have been found and killed.
Congratulations to those who braved the old lands and came away with a prize.

S

Stomp

the one in despise had no bottle on the corpse but was told a stealther may have stole it???
They couldn't be stolen - I tried with a 120 steal thief - didnt get any message, just didnt steal the item.

2 of us from WoY killed the one in Deceit and got a bottle each. We found a couple more with 4 or 5 of us (Terra Keep and Khaldun) but only single one dropped on each.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They couldn't be stolen - I tried with a 120 steal thief - didnt get any message, just didnt steal the item.
them there was no bottle on the despise guardians death as i was on my own.....unless anyone got looting rights??? would kinda thin it would be the main damager which was me alone??? maybe some coward simply hid waiting for the corpse to fall.....pahhhhhh