• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) EM Event 6/26/22 - Fey Cultists

TirNaNo'g

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good evening Lake Superior!

Sorry for the delay in reporting about this event - it's been a bit of work piecing together the events of the night as they happened. As I am slightly confused myself, the report will be brief. Anyway, on an otherwise unremarkable Sunday evening under the light of the mid-summer moon, I was enjoying a small party in the forest with some new friends when I heard distant cries for the Guard to action. Feeling a responsibility to the defense of the land and a general interest in human affairs, I quickly collected my Cu Sidhe ally, Cwn, and sped off to the Guard Hall. As the other members of the guard gathered in Britain, the official briefing was short, and we were quickly dispatched to the fields and woods surrounding the mainland portion of Skara Brae. It was in this area that some Fey Cultist activity was recently reported. There Adric the Scout, a ranger of Skara Brae, filled us in on the positions and activities of the cultists. It seemed that more citizens of Britannia were being drawn into the web of Fey enchantment!

adric.png

The guard found some wandering farmers who were under a dangerous enchantment which made them hostile! The guard carefully diffused the situation tactfully and helped the citizens come to their senses. Unfortunately, the pumpkin patch was terribly trampled by Dragons and Colossi in the process.

brainwashed.png

Adric led us Southward to the cultist camps. There things got a little strange, as I realized what they were calling fey-worshipping cultists were actually my new friends whom I had been partying with! They had been apparently working on illegal mead manufacturing, which was evading the government's taxation policies. The guard had been sent to shut them down! The mead production had also been utilizing the honey taken from the Royal Apiary heist, and as such was enchanted with Fey magic and having dangerous effects on mortals. The cultists had also collected a full jar of faerie dust and their campfire was blessed with Faeriefyr!

camp1.png
camp2.png

Adric then led us to a dragon's cave where the night's battle culminated with an attack by a large tentacle-like Faeriefyr essence of some sort - unfortunately I was unable to capture it's likeness to share. Needless to say, the guard showed their strength once again and emerged victorious!

dragon horde.png

After the creature was defeated, the essence of Faeriefyr was able to be quickly harnessed into a few magical tokens - if kept in safety, these will continue to burn forever with the light of Midsommar Faeriefyr. Thanks for reading!

ritual table.png