• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) EM Event 5/29/22 - Dream Thieves

TirNaNo'g

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good evening Lake Superior!

On an otherwise quiet night, the Royal Guard gathered in the Britain EM Hall for a social event. Some were sharing stories of the spoils of the last week's excursion to toasts of ale, while others sat watching the stage expectantly for their leader's arrival. Suddenly, the heavy wooden doors of the hall burst open, followed by a frantic and furious woman. Karyn the Citizen was seeking the guard, as monsters were swarming in Eastern Britain! Karyn led us across the bridge where we encountered a strange sight: A person lay comatose on a bench near the Governor's office, while a dark changeling known only as "an Imp of Angst" manifested a form of a terrifying Shadow Person. The imp then vanished, and the Guard engaged the Shadow. Within a few moments, the creature was defeated, but the citizen seemed to be trapped in their slumber.

Before we could administer any significant medical aid to the enchanted person, Karyn led us South where more monsters were sighted. As the ranks of Guard ran southward, a giant amorphous shadowy form erupted from the Wayfarer's Inn, catching several horses and soldiers in it's tentacled grasp. Was this was the dreaded monster from under the bed? Unfortunately there were no sheets to hide under or parents to check, so the Guard was once again forced to handle things the way they do best - combat! This creature was a bit more of a challenge, but finally the guard overcame it.

Hungry Under the Bed.png

The Guard then raced inside the inn to check under all the beds for more creatures. There they were stymied by the Imp once again.

Wayfarers Inn.png

While the battle raged in the hallway, I took a brief moment to investigate the Inn. I found several people in a deep, unbreakable slumber who were radiating Corrupted Dream Energy! This was a familiar Unseelie Fey trick, but not one I expected to find in Britain, or at this scale!

Corrupted Dream.png

All the enchanted citizens seem to either have been consuming Royal Honey or drinking from bottles of Special Reserve Mead. It became obvious that the Fey attack on the Royal Apiary was not a random attack, but was part of the plan to bring about a coordinated enchantment of the citizens at large! What was not clear was whether the stolen honey was used to create corrupted treats, or if the honey supply itself was tainted and these products were created by unaware meadmakers.

If the products were otherwise just tainted at the source, I was shocked at the number of Britannian's who just seemed to enjoy eating Honey by the handful in their rooms - without even a spoon or a cookie to dunk! Savages!

Honey.png

As I pondered human eating habits, the Guard continued checking door by door and even found that poor Karyn's husband, Chiad, was under the Fey spell. She called for vengeance, and was not satisfied when I pointed out that her husband was technically still alive and that finding a healer may be more productive.

We ran to the park in the center of East Britain where we found some pots of bubbling beeswax, and then with a hideous laugh were beset by a giant demon! The Dream Demon was a shadowy manifestation of all our nightmares. Truly, I will be haunted by his wicked grin as he struck down my beloved Cu Sidhe before my eyes. Fortunately, the might of the guard was able to cancel the creature's plan and get vengeance for Karyn.

Dream Demon.png

At that moment, our beloved Captain appeared to take in a summary of the situation. After a quick debrief, he went off to speak with the manager. I mean, the King.

Hopefully, the Karyns and Chiads of this world will sleep soundly tonight.