• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Dudley visits Chesapeake

• Thread starter Tancred RedStar
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Tancred RedStar

At Nanoc's beckoning, I came to the old Counselor's Hall in Britain to meet EM Dudley. It was quiet and empty when I arrived but I noticed some items leaning against the rear wall. As I began to russle amongst the items, there was an ear-splitting pierce of lightning behind me. I turned about to see a lone, green-robed figure who them introduced himself as EM Dudley.

After some brief and cordial introductions, Nanoc soon arrived and joined us in some idle banter. Somewhat of a departure to find such a robed figure in the old Counselor's Hall, I asked if this would be the best place to learn of happenings in our fair realm of Chesapeake as previously the the Community Center of Skara Brae, the throne room in Castle Britannia or the converted hall in East Britain were popular spots for such things. Dudley said that any, all or even other locations could the setting for happenings.

As we bantered on, I noticed a carrot and a cake each strangely inscribed with a message amongst the items stacked against the wall. Out of curiosity, I ventured a bite out of the carrot, but was somewhat shocked to see that I'd eaten it, consuming whatever attempt at a message had been left for all to see.

There's the old adage of the only way to try something is to first do it, a kind of reverse logic meant to inspire initiative rather than prolonged deliberation. Sadly, such musings got the better of me as I also soon took a bite out of the specially inscribed cake also amongst the items. Unfortunately, this cake, too, was consumed in but a single bite, and with it the attempt of a message.

I apologized profusely, a bit surprised I'd so readily eaten both items. Dudley merely smiled and said he would soon be traveling our lands to see it's singular and special sights, also adding that the gist of the messages were that EM Tailspin would be visiting at around 6 PM EST this eve.

I apologized once more and noticed Dudley's hat. As such robed figures often have few distinguishing characteristics in their rainment, the jester's hat perhaps seemed to be his, so look for it should you ever have the chance to encounter him. As Dudley is a "floater", he will likely be seen on other shards, but Tailspin will call Chesapeake his home.

It was a pleasure to meet Dudley, and I thank Nanoc for the opportunity. I'm also looking forward to hopefully getting to meet Tailspin either this eve or some other time in the near future.

T

Tancred RedStar

The EM's job is to plan and conduct their own live events. They're not GM's or devs, they are players just like you and me and probably know just as much about the slimes, or rather their absence, as any of us. Although I'm sure if they heard a rumor they might pass it along about where the slimes might be.

I know lots of people are a bit frustrated about the slime situation, and while the EM's are technically part of EA, they have just about as much insider info on the slime thing as the person who runs the office mail. Getting pissed at them is not gonna accomplish anything and really isn't fair.

I'm bringing this up as I was dismayed to see a few people getting rather mad at them over the weekend for something they had absolutely no control over, influence in or say about.

G

Gowron

Well, I'll say that I'm glad they brought EM's back. However, Tancred, as I agree with everything you said, I'll have to offer that the Dev folks did a **** poor job of expectation management with these EM's. Until these posts were made, I kind of expected someone who had GM+ accesses. Bottom line, the folks of EA should have put out what these folks are supposed to do, and what they cannot do. etc. etc. etc.

I look forward to meeting with Tailspin and Dudley.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new EM's have limited powers and very short leashes right now. They have to learn what they are doing with their new tools. Give them some time at least to figure out what they are doing. They have been on Test Center practicing, doing stuff they couldn't do on a live shard.