• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Bennu please allow us to use AMT Arena Event to bring honor back to PVP

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Several months ago I sent email to our EM staff about this arena. I received no answer at all.

Most of you don't remember Atlantic Mage Tower AMT. AMT did 3 things, we had events called crawls, we fought pks, and we helped new players.

Our GM Tifric raced sports cars with Lord British in real life. We were ridiculously blessed because of their real life association.

This is about one of our blessings. In 1999 Amt had an event called "The One". I was a judge at this event. It was very orderly because if anyone caused a problem 25 people would ebolt them. We had a pvp arena created for this event. There was a 1m gold as well as additional prizes at that time. Believe me when I say 1m was a whole lot of gold in 1999. There is a fighting area, and a spectator area. This arena still exists.

Tifric died in real life, and I was the keeper of the stone for many many years. Eventually the Seers seized our arena, and one day the AMT Tower, and annex fell. There are no longer any Seers, but the arena is still available.

Every single day we log onto General chat and here the drama. "you're bad" "you're horrible" "I'm insert name Great!!!" Please allow us to put a stop to this.

I suggest a semi-regular event to be held with either no prizes at all, or a sash with the winners names and the date. We've got enough EM rares to last several lifetimes. I have no interest at all in killing my fellow Atlanteans. I only do this if I absolutely have no other alternative, so I won't be entering. I am available to help with the coordinating in any way possible. I can give you a rune or a gate to the arena site.

The only way to settle this would be utube videos of the fights. I know many of you are quite skilled at utube ography.

ACB

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a nice idea my old friend...

however I doubt you will receive a reply as it seems our beloved AMT has fallen under political incorrectedness for Rick's fight against the game brokers and gold selling ring.

We were promised by Messana a loooong while ago it would be redecorated and usable once again ; it seems like it was just to turn the knife into the wound.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the simplest event in the world.

It requires a gate to each location. We saw from raresfest the ems are quite capable of doing that. It requires a good thief to check the backpacks which I am confident our pvp community can provide.

That's pretty much all there is to this. People go in and fight. Someone films it, and posts the results. 0 smacktalk, 0 excuses, there doesn't even need to be a prize. These folks kill each other every night anyway, so there's nothing for them to lose. Theres not even any reason to be mad at each other. This game is supposed to be fun. We all understand client errors, etc. But, if someone beats you everytime you fight they are better than you. That's ok too, someone has to be the best.

They can bet if they want. I'm sure someone will broker it.

I was really surprised when I didn't get an email response. No one ever received email in any of our programs without a response. It shouldn't be personal because no one involved in this company knows me at all.

Unlike email, not getting a response here *in their own forums* is its own answer.

Maybe their having a meeting about it. Pretty much the own thing we ever did was have meetings. I was once in a meeting where the only thing we did was agree to have a another meeting.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you know that besides the aweful blunder of letting the first tower fall... the person who put out the eternal flame of mages for good, while removing all references to Tifric in the tower...

is... Messana ! :(

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oooohhhhh a puzzle... I used to love pictionary :D

*puts on thinking cap*

:dunce:

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know how to respond to this.

This is a very polite request. Its not even something for me personally. I have nothing to gain one way or another.

For many many years we've had an arena sitting in the woods doing nothing.

I thought we might could generate some fun out of this.

A no is fine. But, this isn't a no. It appears to be a response generated to belittle one or the other of us by a person who feels like they are in such a position of power they cannot be touched no matter how disrespectfully they act.

We are paying customers. I've been a paying customer for 14 years...

The tag EA VIP is mindboggling... I never saw one of those before. It obviously means the he can treat any one of us in any manner he chooses.

I believe he is far far out of line. When, I was younger I would have attempted to take care of this situation now. But, that is a benefit of age. Bennu, you hurt my feelings. Consider this sadness my free gift to you.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually you don't , because the strong formic acid smell of the honey warns them not to aim for it, but only the honey stucked to the sides of the jar and it never falls in (I know by 20 years of experience since I often leave my honeypot open unwittingly)

Whilst vinegar's acetic acid will soon evaporate and when it reaches around 1%, the flies are somehow irresistibly attracted to it and manage to drown in it. The vapour blinds them insiduously and they usually dive right in ...(also from 20 years experience)

The combination of both however (honey in high dilution), is an old grandma trick but has never proven once necessary... plain vinegar left on the shelf for a day works just fine...

rolleyes: