• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Elven Song Mystery Raffle & Castle News 1/9 at 8:30pm ET

Do you enjoy the events provided by The Community Center?

• Yes.

• No.

• I have not attended one, yet.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Inkboy the Wild

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
On January 9 at 8:30pm Eastern Time the Elven Song Community Center will be hosting a twist of it's standard raffle!

This mystery raffle, proceeds to go towards the accumulation of more prize vault rewards for our free raffles, includes the hellhound mount, as well as various other mounts and prizes worth upwards of 165 million.

There are forty chests, each with their own mystery prize(s) inside. You will be able to purchase keys for the chests from a vendor, located at the stage, for 200,000gp. When the gates open -- find the chest your key(s) open and claim your prize(s)!

We will also be announcing the event for our Trammel Brit Crossroads Castle give away at this raffle and awarding the House Teleporter Set from our Archery Competition!

More events are being planned for the upcoming months, in additional to the ones currently hosted at the Community Center in Luna! So stay tuned for more exciting opportunities to win great prizes and millions in gold!

Visit our Event Calendar for a complete listing of current events scheduled at the Elven Song Community Center!

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, if you have the money you can purchase more then 1 key cause it's going to be a feeding frenzy at that Vendor holding the keys ? "When the gates open -- find the chest your key(s) open and claim your prize(s)!" are the chests going to be locked down or do we have to worry about someone just picking them up for themselves ? By Gates do you mean the stage gates or are we going to somewhere the chests are ?

Sorry about all the questions. Just wanted to know whats, what. Cause I can purchase me me a few keys ;)

Inkboy the Wild

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
{Smiles}

The questions are fine, I was actually discussing this tonight during the Town Hall. As much as I think it would be entertaining to see people buy their keys and run to find what chest it unlocks and open that chest, grabbing their items quickly... I believe it leaves open too much room for potential thievery.

So everything you mentioned is accurate, it would be a feeding frenzy (I won't lie, it is fun when everyone RUNS to the steward to grab their ticket... so imagine keys and chests you have to figure out!) and yes, it would have been stage gates. All chests are already populated and located on the stage.

The reputation of the Elven Song events is too important to me, to allow the idea that someone may be shorted by any possibility for thievery or inappropriate behavior. Therefore, each chest will be blind auctioned with the highest bidder recorded for pickup.

There are so many new events being worked on for 2015, that we have begun expansion of the Community Center to a house next door. More on that later, but there is a lot in the 'works.'

Please feel free to share your thoughts, concerns or ideas with me! I certainly love and welcome the feedback.