• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Elven forge and small soul forge

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I was always imbuing and unraveling near soul forges, sometimes small, usually big ones. Have one big at home, sure.
Today I tried imbuing near my elven forge (which is some distance from big one), I forgot to move to Soul forge, and it worked. Tried unraveling - it works near my elven forge too.
Why then small soul forges are so expensive? I don't recall it was possible before, or was it always like this?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was always imbuing and unraveling near soul forges, sometimes small, usually big ones. Have one big at home, sure.
Today I tried imbuing near my elven forge (which is some distance from big one), I forgot to move to Soul forge, and it worked. Tried unraveling - it works near my elven forge too.
Why then small soul forges are so expensive? I don't recall it was possible before, or was it always like this?
Per chance, when you say some distance from the big one, do you mean a different floor?

When imbuing/unravelling, the 'Z' axis of the soulforge is not taken in to account. You could be on the bottom floor and the forge on the 4th and it will still work providing you are within 2 tiles of the X and Y coordinates. This is the same for most addons as it happens.
I always put my soul forges on a mostly unused floor directly above or below my main workspace as they take up too much space and are unsightly.
The one item Ive been trying to get for literally years is the 1 tile soulforge, never seen one drop, not ever in what must be 1000s of kills now.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I will have to check that after server up, I hope it the case as that would be a big help to a lot of others, but I willing to bet its a bug and now they look to fix it :(. But then of course there is what the one above me says.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The one item Ive been trying to get for literally years is the 1 tile soulforge, never seen one drop, not ever in what must be 1000s of kills now.
I have had one pop in my pack during a guild event, zero luck on me, I was really surprised to see it

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just tested it, the elven forge does not allow imbuing/unravelling. So unless you have a special one, it's what I suggested above.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Just tested it, the elven forge does not allow imbuing/unravelling. So unless you have a special one, it's what I suggested above.
Ya I did the same moving off to a house that has no soul forge and tried it, menu pops up but the ability to do it cannot be done

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Per chance, when you say some distance from the big one, do you mean a different floor?

When imbuing/unravelling, the 'Z' axis of the soulforge is not taken in to account. You could be on the bottom floor and the forge on the 4th and it will still work providing you are within 2 tiles of the X and Y coordinates. This is the same for most addons as it happens.
I always put my soul forges on a mostly unused floor directly above or below my main workspace as they take up too much space and are unsightly.
Yeah it's absolutely awful that Archery should be considered a weapon skill like Mace/Sword/Fencing...oh but it's perfectly fine that your soulforge should be useable AN ENTIRE FLOOR BELOW YOU....

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Souls are not bound by the physical universe......

*Tips his hat hand heads out on the dusty road to Vesper*

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah it's absolutely awful that Archery should be considered a weapon skill like Mace/Sword/Fencing...oh but it's perfectly fine that your soulforge should be useable AN ENTIRE FLOOR BELOW YOU....
Bug, intended or not is another issue altogether, I was merely explaining how it is and always has been. Trying to rebut my response with a completely unrelated topic from another thread is just stupid.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes elven forge does not act like a soul forge.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Don't forget the queens forge in royal city . +5% bonus to imbuing. I use it more then the one at home .

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't forget the queens forge in royal city . +5% bonus to imbuing. I use it more then the one at home .
Ya I always take my stuff there for imbuing and reforging. Never got a small soul forge.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

It is the one thing that I have actually gotten to drop... 2x now... I can go to doom 100's of times and never get a thing... or get something totally worthless like that stupid dragon lance... time and time again... but the soul forge... I am lucky with on my archer... not any of my other characters. But yeah first time I did Scalis I was with a group I don't normally run with and they were tossing nets in very odd places so we could have it to ourselves or whatever... and it died ... I was in vent with them I believe... and everyone was like did you get anything? They were all like "no"... I didn't have the heart to say "Hey I got the 1 tile soulforge."... Nope kept my mouth shut. Nearly fainted though because normally my luck is extremely bad... Got another one on a fluke a few months later... gave it to a buddy of mine. Then after my buddy passed away and I got it back... I traded it to another friend who wanted one. Was a good trade.

But don't give up they do drop.

gwen

Slightly Crazed

You were correct! Thanks for the info. Yes, I just installed one more soul forge on 1-st floor before all that happened. Right below my elven forge and other crafting stuff. Now I have only one and moved it to the roof to have more room in my crafting corner. .

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bug, intended or not is another issue altogether, I was merely explaining how it is and always has been. Trying to rebut my response with a completely unrelated topic from another thread is just stupid.
No it was me showing you how something that matters to you is no different than something that matters to me .

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No it was me showing you how something that matters to you is no different than something that matters to me .
You mistaken me for someone who cares about either of those things. The simple fact of the matter is that your assumption of it having changed or being broken was just plain wrong.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got 3 small soul forges in the past two years. On ATL one guild does Scalis for an hour on one day and another guild does it for an hour on Sundays so I try to attend one of those if I'm awake. I always wear Luck plus rub luck statue prior to net toss so have about 2000-2800 and I use a trained up triton. I have one SSF in ATL and one in Legends house. The third one I traded for the +20 Magery spell book reward on last day of that event. Past six months no soul forge drop but Scalis has decent loot.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
when I was training my imbuer, Scalis with his awesome loot helped me a lot. Fill my bag, toss in the beetle, fill another - drop at home - repeat.
It is quite hard boss for my tamer so I used mystic for damage. Mystic don't care about RC health.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I used to have a one tile soulforge, if chopping one down to the size of one square counts ..

But then I lost it when I carelessly axed it instead of what I meant to target .