• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Elusive Tunnel Crab spotted in Abyss!

B

Beastmaster

When you are trapping in the Abyss with lava traps do you get the *bob* messages or do you get "the fish don't seem to be biting" message?

All I ever got was the latter and never caught anything so I assumed it was broken like so much other stuff.

B

Beastmaster

Oops forgot. Congratulations!

Also, when you say the Abyss, you do mean down in the lava and not in the Underworld. Just checking to be sure, some folks label it all the Abyss.

J

JimmyB

Actually, it was in the underworld- that spot where the stealable "Rotting oars" spawns, if you know where that is.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to let you know you can catch the Void crab in Ter Mur. Plan on using a metric buttload of traps if you do not have bait. I think I've pulled 3 Void crabs as of now 2 with bait and 1 without at 120 fishing skill. Also the Lantern fish lives in Prism of Light, caught that guy with crystal fish bait at 120 fishing skill. Here is a link with some pictures of them.

Pictures by mrbug1 - Photobucket

Lord Aphid/ The Albatross LS

J

JimmyB

When you are trapping in the Abyss with lava traps do you get the *bob* messages or do you get "the fish don't seem to be biting" message?

All I ever got was the latter and never caught anything so I assumed it was broken like so much other stuff.
Just tried lava fishing for the 1st time since hitting 120 (stopped trying at 110) For a very unpopulated shard (Origin) to get the "fish don't seem to be biting" message tells me something is broken. IMHO.