• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Elf to Gargoyle, anyone tried it?

• Thread starter Bullseye_of_Atl
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
B

Bullseye_of_Atl

Here's why I am considering......My one mule is Elf, he has 120 smith, 100 mining, 120 imbuing,110 mysticism(80 wo rings)< for inscription, inscription, armslore currently stoned....

Seeing how the RNG is out of wack, I was thinking on converting my elf into a winged mule...for the benefits of imbuing, do you think this will mess up my mining or smithing at all?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard that sometimes there is a bug when you go from elf to gargoyle where you can't fly. Here is a link to the discussion about that. Just a heads up incase you run into that.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No elf change yet, but I did use the token to change my Human tinker/miner-smith/imbuer to a Garg just so I could get that small percentage bonus, anything helps when you are using Relic Frags to imbue.

The two things you will miss:

No miner gloves, so you lose a bit when smelting high-end ores; however, you can prob offset this by using the reward pick?

Secondly, I miss logging off and on while riding a blue beetle loadied with all my stuff - the imbue ingreds are quite heavy!

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No miner gloves, so you lose a bit when smelting high-end ores; however, you can prob offset this by using the reward pick?
Jacob's Pickaxe does not work like mining gloves. It will not raise your skill above 100, so the best you can smelt at is GM skill.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's why I am considering......My one mule is Elf, he has 120 smith, 100 mining, 120 imbuing,110 mysticism(80 wo rings)< for inscription, inscription, armslore currently stoned....

Seeing how the RNG is out of wack, I was thinking on converting my elf into a winged mule...for the benefits of imbuing, do you think this will mess up my mining or smithing at all?
That RNG being out of whack doesn't just apply to the *benefits* of being an elf - it also applies to imbuing. The minuscule increase for a successful combine comes nowhere close to outweighing the things lost from either being an elf or a human.

The one, and only way, it is an advantage to being a gargoyle, is that you have a better innate chance at unraveling relic fragments (ie; the item intensity requirement is lower).

And you'll need to weigh that against the (currently broken) boost to resource gathering, ability to actually ride a mount (and log out without stabling), and, in the case of your elf, night sight.

B

Bullseye_of_Atl

The 2 drawbacks thus far, can't ride fire beetle, no big deal there, but, can't wear blacksmith gloves of mining.

hmmm