• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Elf Night Sight Ability Ain't working for me

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My elf characters are having problems with there night sight ability. It turns dark outside and i notice it. its even happening in caves and dungeons. anyone else notice this?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I remember a while back some people had a problem with night sight items cancelling each other out, or in the case of elves, cancelling their inherent night sight out. Something of that sort anyway! I have mostly elves and I've never had the problem, so I can't be 100% sure what causes it.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This has been happening to me for a few years at least.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been happening to me for a few years at least.
Same here and it is just a given that when I cross a server line it is going to be night for my elf until I cross another server line.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
on paperdoll under options click on the icon that looks like a eye (display) scroll down till you see dark nights (if checked uncheck it) and colored lighting (if not checked check it)
when its night time out things shouldn't be so dark. not sure but I think the screen isn't so dark when you die also.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
I had this issue after race changing back to human, my elf eyes for some reason wouldn't turn off at all, I had to race change back to elf then back to human for it switch them off.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad I'm not the only one! My tamer has always been elf, and when she was in a boat on a trade quest, it all of a sudden, around Bucs - don't recall a server line - went dark. I mean coal holes at midnight on a moonless night black screen dark. I had to cast frickin nightsight to see again - and it's damn lucky I'd pulled it out for someone else, as she doesn't use it herself and I couldn't even see the paperdoll, never mind her pack!