• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rares Fest Electric Boogaloo ***Contests***

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vendor Paperdoll Contest:

This Years Vendor theme is: 80s Pop culture.
Dress your vendor to represent anything from the pop culture of the 1980s: movies, comic book characters, video games, music, TV, fashion, etc.
*please note that entries will displayed for judging based only on the look of the paperdoll. while you may add items whos name specifically relates to your theme, these specific names will not be displayed on stratics.

To Enter the Contest, please place two "not for sale" books at the top left hand corner of your vendor.

One book with the title of what your vendor is dressed as (if you need a long title this can be done by titleing the book in the EC client)
One book with your icq# or stratics contact name (icq or stratics pm will be the only 2 ways for contact)

Entries (with displayed books) must be up no later than thursday, June 9th, 12pm noon est.
Entries will be voted for on stratics to determine the winner. voting will close Saturday night midnight (12am Sunday)
Winners will be announced Sunday, June 12th (the last day of the Jubilee)

Other Contests:
There will be other contests, also with prizes (EM drops & other rare items). these will be explained and done in game. Information on how to participate will be on a prominent vendor once the week gets underway, so keep an eye out.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
***Update***

Details of the contests and the displayed prizes have been placed on the first vendorhouse (top of the steps)

Contests.png

Example of a vendor paperdoll entry "He-Man":

Hemanvendor.png Heman.png

My other contest, "Why I like Rares Collecting" has info displayed in game. Entries must be submitted via in-game book and placed in the mailbox next to the info vendor

Prizes:
Soul Sepulcher *donated by Clops
Shackles from King Blackthorn's Dungeon *donated by Smoot
Personal Journal of Adamu Edom Wellings *donated by Smoot
Ancient Silver Monolith *donated by Clops
Eden, the Sleepy Hell hound Puppy *donated by Smoot
A Set Of Swords Once Belonging To The Traversis Leader Areum Taris *donated by Laina

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMPORTANT:

Please Make Sure to place 2 books on your vendor.

1 book for contact info
1 book with title of vendor

if you do not place these books i wont know which vendors are for the contest, and you may lose out on prizes.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
IMPORTANT:

Please Make Sure to place 2 books on your vendor.

1 book for contact info
1 book with title of vendor

if you do not place these books i wont know which vendors are for the contest, and you may lose out on prizes.

Nice event!
I'm curious, have the ICQs to winning contestants gone out yet?
Cheers

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice event!
I'm curious, have the ICQs to winning contestants gone out yet?
Cheers
Nightwolfe (1rst place book contest winner) - i got the "must verify phone number" messege, so that person needs to add me to icq or authorize.

Lineman still needs to pick up his prize

the "Boy George" third place vendor paperdoll contest winner needs to pick up prize (i have not seen online on icq in a few days)

the three other prizes have been claimed.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
What were the winners? I see their names in your post about picking up prizes, but I was hoping to see who won by what their vendor was dressed up as. With the poll gone it no longer shows that info.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
winning vendors of paperdoll thread were announced in the judging thread
the book contest was in-game contest so i didnt put much on stratics about it.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
*** Winners ***

First Place - Cyndi Lauper with 15 votes

Second Place - Madonna with 14 votes

Third Place - Boy George with 9 votes

Prizes can be picked up at the closing ceremony, 7pm est, or icq me at your convenience.

Thankyou for all for participating, very creative entries :) it was alot of fun !
Yeah he's right, I just found it. I was wondering too hehe