• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Elections... what the heck?

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I have characters as citizens in different towns... logged on this morning running around seeing who was running and how it's going, etc... One of the stones (won't go into details which city), but there are only two people running... one person has 75% and the other 0%. ah what the heck... was I sick that day of school when they taught some secret about percentage... where is the other 25%?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As I learned during my yew election, the stones seem to...confuse themselves like that occasionally, during the yew election it was just me and sunwolf, but the total added up to about 97%. Could always try calling a GM, but I'm not sure if they have the power to fix it. Worth a try.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It probably has to to do with the way they are coded. The stones probably only have the capability of doing so many different types of percentages. as in the engineers that wrote the coding for them did not write every type of situation for the stones. So it gets confused when it runs into a situation that it hasnt been coded for. For a 16 year old game im impressed it isnt further off. :)