• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EJ Accounts

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to be kneecapped more than no housing and 20 bank items.
I propose a few changes in an attempt to alleviate some of the 'fully attended functions' that they participate in.

Tethered to random trammel town after outside guard limits for 30 minutes.
Cannot spawn, will bounce you to a shrine similar to how ghosts get bounced when approaching a spawn altar.
When they do the event stuffs, unable to collect turn in drops.
5 million gold max in the account.
Able to participate in VVV fights, but cannot wear artifacts.

Isn't the idea to flip some of the accounts to paid subs? Not to have people have one active account and 20 drone accounts?
Still able to play, connect with old friends, help with a hunt somewhere for XX minutes.
With the way items are these days, missing the VVV artifacts wont really matter.
Not having drone accounts at events will help with lag issues. Same for spawning.
Gold limit may help VS become more steady up state.

Flame away you animals.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with you that EJ accounts should have more restrictions than they do. Idk about tethering to a city but I do think their PvP should be capped because that's one source of massive EJ accounts so that they can cheat/script etc without fear of losing a veteran acct. I do not think they should be able to participate in VvV at all. They want to be red/blue fine but no VvV which means they also can't use the artifacts.

I do agree that they should not receive event drops. Those should be strictly for paying accounts.

Reactions: dvv

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with you that EJ accounts should have more restrictions than they do. Idk about tethering to a city but I do think their PvP should be capped because that's one source of massive EJ accounts so that they can cheat/script etc without fear of losing a veteran acct. I do not think they should be able to participate in VvV at all. They want to be red/blue fine but no VvV which means they also can't use the artifacts.

I do agree that they should not receive event drops. Those should be strictly for paying accounts.
Limit them to haven end of problems

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agreed.

You mean treasure of Tokuno style Events. But they can still support cross healing stuff. I would Block them from entering thoose Dungeons if it is a Region with an entrance. Other inactive Dungeons can be accessed.
But this is the wrong forum to plant such ideas.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Either ej accounts are trial accounts and should be strictly limited OR uo has moved to free to play pay to win

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
EJ Accounts should have been no more than the old Trial Accounts with the 90 day limit removed.

Bulldog

Visitor
I think they should completely unrestricted EJ accounts give them TOL / high seas, a couple of starter suits and a mythic token. People only pay a subscription to keep their houses and if you pay for 25 years then don’t for 91 days broadsword drop the house so it’s essentially a fear payment. They are the worst dev team the games had with zero ideas how to recruit new players because EJ as it stands isn’t very good to get people into UO. The original poster should go play a single player game.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Being able to talk to other players should be free to everyone.
Disagree. You get what you pay for and in the event you pay $0 then the lack of full access is the price you pay. Look at any other "trial" type service you can get whether it be Hulu / Spotify / Pandora / etc / etc. If you are using the free version of these services (ie the equivalent of Endless Journey) you are either limited or you get ads throughout (ie gold sellers). If you don't want ads or limitations then you need to pay the $10-15 a month for these services.

Why would UO be any different? You don't even need to pay to install the game anymore (remember when we used to have to buy the discs & expansions?) so people are literally paying absolutely nothing to get into UO and start playing these days.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Disagree. You get what you pay for and in the event you pay $0 then the lack of full access is the price you pay. Look at any other "trial" type service you can get whether it be Hulu / Spotify / Pandora / etc / etc. If you are using the free version of these services (ie the equivalent of Endless Journey) you are either limited or you get ads throughout (ie gold sellers). If you don't want ads or limitations then you need to pay the $10-15 a month for these services.

Why would UO be any different? You don't even need to pay to install the game anymore (remember when we used to have to buy the discs & expansions?) so people are literally paying absolutely nothing to get into UO and start playing these days.
So EJ's have to either stand at Luna Bank and try to have a conversation through all of that mess, or they can ask each other questions in Help Chat ?

Endless Journey accounts may only join the Help channel, where they'll be stuck with other new players looking for answers, while being constantly bombarded by Avatar and other UO Gold sellers, who still continue to run their business as usual.....lovely.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have both EJ and payed accounts. I tend to open an EJ account for The yonge stats. Teleport to haven even when over 500 stones. When I am mineing I just have it follow me and then have it teleport to haven and I pick up the items.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So EJ's have to either stand at Luna Bank and try to have a conversation through all of that mess, or they can ask each other questions in Help Chat ?

Endless Journey accounts may only join the Help channel, where they'll be stuck with other new players looking for answers, while being constantly bombarded by Avatar and other UO Gold sellers, who still continue to run their business as usual.....lovely.
How hard is it to tell whoever you are talking to "come over here" in the event there actually is "all that mess"? Additionally, EJ can join guild chat in game and everyone can use discord channels outside of the game. What's the issue?

Is your thought that EJ accounts should have all the some abilities as the paid subs??

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
$0.02
My almost worthless opinion is that a logged-in EJ client should log off when other Ultima Online clients are detected running on the same computer.
i.e. EJ should be a one-at-a-time.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
$0.02
My almost worthless opinion is that a logged-in EJ client should log off when other Ultima Online clients are detected running on the same computer.
Most are running on more then one computer so you would have to have it IP lock you to one but then if your running a VPN you could lock out someone who is not doing it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get to feelin like leith of somoza when people defend EJ accounts how many you runnin buddy seriously ditch these cheating accounts bring back trial accounts
Just because you use them to cheat, that's all they are good for as far as you know?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How hard is it to tell whoever you are talking to "come over here" in the event there actually is "all that mess"? Additionally, EJ can join guild chat in game and everyone can use discord channels outside of the game. What's the issue?

Is your thought that EJ accounts should have all the some abilities as the paid subs??
No, my 2nd reply and continuing discussion was regarding talking to other players.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
$0.02
There's no such thing as an EJ client, there's the Classic Client and the Enhanced Client..then there are EJ accounts. And they'll never implement something like that because the danger of booting paid accounts is too risky.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think they should completely unrestricted EJ accounts give them TOL / high seas, a couple of starter suits and a mythic token. People only pay a subscription to keep their houses and if you pay for 25 years then don’t for 91 days broadsword drop the house so it’s essentially a fear payment. They are the worst dev team the games had with zero ideas how to recruit new players because EJ as it stands isn’t very good to get people into UO. The original poster should go play a single player game.
Except for high seas, I agree. If anything EJ is too restrictive. It's not like people that are subscribed aren't already the worst people for the game. Pretending like EJ players are worse is just delusional. Unleash the Kraken!!!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Veteran players are pretty capable of abusing just about any system or game mechanic. The logic being used here to justify additional limits on EJ accounts could just as easily be used to shut down the whole game.

Rules should be enforced regardless of paid or EJ accounts… and those rules should be clearly stated so everyone feels like they are on a fair playing field.

EJ accounts should have access to virtually all content and rewards, all be it at a slightly reduced rate. Being able to participate in content along with other players is what gets them to subscribe. I know personally 3 brand new players who’ve started UO this summer, all using EJ accounts to see how they like it. Doing the Easter Eggs, training together and player with other people where vital to them enjoying the game. 2 of the 3 are already on 6 month subs. I can tell you with virtual certainty that neither of them would be subbed now without the EJ accounts to get started.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Except for high seas, I agree. If anything EJ is too restrictive. It's not like people that are subscribed aren't already the worst people for the game. Pretending like EJ players are worse is just delusional. Unleash the Kraken!!!
Except subscribed people are who keep the lights on. Without the paid accounts; there literally wouldn't be a UO for the EJ accounts to log in to (or at least an updated version with new content).

For those that want to play for free without restrictions; go play a free shard somewhere. You will get no restrictions and it will cost you $0.

Funny how people think that those who contribute nothing are too restricted. Those are the same people at a party with their cup in hand but they haven't chipped in. "How dare you limit me to 2 drinks when I didn't pay anything towards that bottle!" :rolleyes:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Except subscribed people are who keep the lights on. Without the paid accounts; there literally wouldn't be a UO for the EJ accounts to log in to (or at least an updated version with new content).

For those that want to play for free without restrictions; go play a free shard somewhere. You will get no restrictions and it will cost you $0.

Funny how people think that those who contribute nothing are too restricted. Those are the same people at a party with their cup in hand but they haven't chipped in. "How dare you limit me to 2 drinks when I didn't pay anything towards that bottle!" :rolleyes:
People will still subscribe. Most of you people have multiple accounts just for houses. And like you said... people are already playing for free anyways. May as well be with each other and not all spread out.

Rusker Sulle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Glad I have seen this thread. I have a question about dusting off a really old account. I want to move it from EJ to a paid account. The problem is me attempting to link it to my master account. The account management website isn't about to help me. The old account is linked to an AOL email from '99, which is long gone. Is there anything I can do or is my old account destined to be stuck in EJ forever?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glad I have seen this thread. I have a question about dusting off a really old account. I want to move it from EJ to a paid account. The problem is me attempting to link it to my master account. The account management website isn't about to help me. The old account is linked to an AOL email from '99, which is long gone. Is there anything I can do or is my old account destined to be stuck in EJ forever?
You would have to email Mesanna and give her the details she asks for. One is the card info used on that account. Or they have other ways.
[email protected] type URGENT in the title.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got an email when my card expired. But if you are waiting to the exact day to re sub, an email aint gonna help you.

1659466014707.png

Shouldn't you plan on 2 days in advance to re sub. In case you have a storm, flood, whatever, or the site goes down.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If they had made a proper new player area before they launched EJ they wouldn't be having these issues now, but of course they didn't listen. All they had to do was make an area where you couldn't leave until you had progressed some quests and got skills to a certain level, as other games have done. The whole launch of EJ was a fiasco, players told them what would happen but as always common sense was ignored.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I have both EJ and payed accounts. I tend to open an EJ account for The yonge stats. Teleport to haven even when over 500 stones. When I am mineing I just have it follow me and then have it teleport to haven and I pick up the items.
why to do this ? EJ can only mine plain iron.
Human mage with STR jewels can carry lots. Sitting on a beetle can teleport 1600 +500
having 5 bonded pack horses can teleport with 1600*5 +500 =8500

Having fire beetle you just smelt ore where you dig it .

I really don't understand what some people have with EJ ? Do EJ's pee in their soup or in coffee ? I have one EJ on one shard. It is red helping me to gain Justice points. What problem it causes to OP?

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
why to do this ? EJ can only mine plain iron.
Human mage with STR jewels can carry lots. Sitting on a beetle can teleport 1600 +500
having 5 bonded pack horses can teleport with 1600*5 +500 =8500

Having fire beetle you just smelt ore where you dig it .

I really don't understand what some people have with EJ ? Do EJ's pee in their soup or in coffee ? I have one EJ on one shard. It is red helping me to gain Justice points. What problem it causes to OP?
Because with one Trip of mining I can fully load a beetle and my char to max weight and the EJ account as well. and I can move him to Haven with help bypassing the weight limit. I tend to smelt all my ore at home and not while mining.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Because with one Trip of mining I can fully load a beetle and my char to max weight and the EJ account as well. and I can move him to Haven with help bypassing the weight limit. I tend to smelt all my ore at home and not while mining.
You just train any toon to have 125STR and add some jewels / gear to get to 150 .
What is good in smelting at home ? I did that only when training miner on other account . Smelting on macro 1 ore at a time.
Now I definitely smelt all where I mine. Too tired of leading 5beetles and pack horses after me . Even when mining stone I use one beetle only.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You just train any toon to have 125STR and add some jewels / gear to get to 150 .
What is good in smelting at home ? I did that only when training miner on other account . Smelting on macro 1 ore at a time.
Now I definitely smelt all where I mine. Too tired of leading 5beetles and pack horses after me . Even when mining stone I use one beetle only.
People mine rather than pirating that's the real insanity here.also ej accounts Haven only

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mining is relaxing and the EJ account is following me around

gwen

Slightly Crazed
People mine rather than pirating that's the real insanity here.also ej accounts Haven only
When you are up to pirating you kill pirates. Mining is nice. Just finished training one more miner .
Not that I need metal much. Just mining and listen to the music

Haven only why ? So Avatar can continue posting his GMT spam , but people like me 3 years ago , who wants to try game, will go try other games ?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When you are up to pirating you kill pirates. Mining is nice. Just finished training one more miner .
Not that I need metal much. Just mining and listen to the music

Haven only why ? So Avatar can continue posting his GMT spam , but people like me 3 years ago , who wants to try game, will go try other games ?
You can literally try every facet of the game from Haven if you want to leave you pay like the rest of us

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can literally try every facet of the game from Haven if you want to leave you pay like the rest of us
hmmm gratifying PvP in Occlo on your shard? But Occlo is not Haven. Hence the different name.