• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Eggs (of the colored variety)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can someone explain to me the evolution of the "eggs" - rare and common?

For example, was there a time where Vorpal Bunnies gave "eggs" and not "Brightly colored eggs", or something that will cause them to lose the "Brightly colored"?

We got an irate auction submitter that doesn't understand his eggs are common.

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe it's a createable. Please try below.

1. Stuck your "Brightly colored eggs".
2. Steal these eggs from others or packed pet.
3. If you stole part of eggs (not all), you'll get original named eggs.

M

Malimus

3 types of eggs

"Brightly Colored Eggs" Come in reds, blue's, purple ect.. They drop in loot on Vorpral Bunny's. (These are worth maybe 500 gold?)

The egg's that look like the Vorpral Bunny eggs and come in same shade's/hue's and are just named "Egg's" are the second type. These eggs i believe are from an Easter in the early UO days? Not sure of the time but i think they came even before Vorpral bunny's. These eggs are in fact rare to my knowledge and i have seen them priced as high as 5m although have not seen any for sale in a very long time.

Then you have the easter egg's form the last easter in which we had easter egg hunts to gather them. There was an Evil Easter bunny and a Easter Bunny that hid these all over tram/fel. These are really re-hued and re-named Lemon's/Lime. And as far as i know they are the most expensive of the three ranging from 3-50 million depending on color and what they had scribed on them.

Correct me if im wrong ;)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Malimus:

Yes, you're talking about the April 1999 eggs - but our auctioneer has a bunch of Vorpal Bunny eggs that are missing "Brightly colored", and VB eggs are the only type they've ever owned (being on Lake Austin, the shard is almost 4 years too new to have the 1999 eggs except by shard transfer. They've not used them for stealing training either.)

That's the reason why I'm asking if there was a bug somewhere between 2003 and the modern day, where the VB eggs were missing the "brightly colored" part of their name - possibly when they introduced egg stacking.

And, aren't there a couple colors that were in the 1999 set, that weren't Vorpal bunny eggs? The colors that the seller had were only the ones from the vorpals.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That pretty much answers it...

I guess only the colors that weren't replicated in the VB eggs are now considered "rare" eggs, in terms of the April 1999 eggs, because of that glitch.