• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Egg quest glitch

Miretar

Journeyman
I keep getting the message that the “items must be in the backpack and not a container…” The eggs are in my backpack and marked as quest items.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep getting the message that the “items must be in the backpack and not a container…” The eggs are in my backpack and marked as quest items.
Unmark them and remark them for the quest, if that doesnt help, log out and in again.
beyond that i would try different eggs, diff chars etc

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya you can not mark them until you are standing by the specific quest guy. If you do you may have to cancel and restart the quest from that guy. Probably because they all want the same items.

If you mark 5 and the guy you are in front of needs three, it messes it up.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've noticed that when I first see the eggs, most of them are Easter_2 or Easter_5
but then quickly their names change.
Is there any way to see the original names again? I've tried Item Identification skill, and putting them on vendor, without success.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can't mark them before you take the quest. If you have, cancel the quest, unmark them and do it over.

To see the original names, give an egg to a random NPC

1648155435995.png

Miretar

Journeyman
Ok I have:
1. cancelled and reaccepted the quest
2. logged in and out
3. untoggled the eggs and logged back in
4. toggled 3, freshly gathered eggs as quest items that have never been in a container and only in my backpack. I am still getting the message: “item must be

Miretar

Journeyman
To add insult to injury the quest is complete. There are no rewards no mushroom powder or hedges.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To add insult to injury the quest is complete. There are no rewards no mushroom powder or hedges.
No. It just looks that way.

Cancel the quests. Stand in front of one of them and get the quest. Mark eggs till you hear a ding. Then Dbl Clk him again.

And there is no mushroom powder the plant has mushroom powder on it. Water with a pitcher to turn into a hedge.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can come to legends in 10 minutes if you can gate me to the hedge guy.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went to Legends with a toon I made for gift boxes for Uriah... :(

1648226066660.png

@Keven2002 do I have permission to say this is operator error? I told the OP I would go there and test it but they did not respond back.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed that when I first see the eggs, most of them are Easter_2 or Easter_5
but then quickly their names change.
Is there any way to see the original names again? I've tried Item Identification skill, and putting them on vendor, without success.
There is also one that spawns as "Easter_egg_Golden" and it has a deep gold tone to it.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I have:
1. cancelled and reaccepted the quest
2. logged in and out
3. untoggled the eggs and logged back in
4. toggled 3, freshly gathered eggs as quest items that have never been in a container and only in my backpack. I am still getting the message: “item must be
Try a different character? or account?
id say have someone go with you, maybe you are missing a step?
What shard are you on?

i'm just saying to eliiminate anything on your end, I was confused about some quests when i came back too, some are in a quest log and some arent etc.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes these quests mess up if you mark eggs before you take the quest or are not near the quest giver when you mark them.

Has to do with same item for different quests.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You're on Legends?

1648228005662.png

Everything seems to be working just fine.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Don't even start with me Allen! That damn Obelisk is the bane of my existence!
LOL

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes these quests mess up if you mark eggs before you take the quest or are not near the quest giver when you mark them.

Has to do with same item for different quests.
I took no quest got the 20 eggs i needed went to parrot guy then took quest marked as quest item got my parrot

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I took no quest got the 20 eggs i needed went to parrot guy then took quest marked as quest item got my parrot
But if you take those 20 marked eggs to the Hedge guy, he does not know what to do. You have to unmark all of them and cancel the quest with the Hedge guy then retake the quest with him then mark 3 of the eggs for him to understand what's going on.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
But if you take those 20 marked eggs to the Hedge guy, he does not know what to do. You have to unmark all of them and cancel the quest with the Hedge guy then retake the quest with him then mark 3 of the eggs for him to understand what's going on.
Sounds like lazy coding

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not being psychic, if you've taken a quest for 20 eggs and mark them as quest items, then they have been reserved for that quest. If you then take a quest for 5, the ones you marked won't work for it, because they've already been credited to the other quest. I don't blame lazy coding, I blame a lack of common sense in some players.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not being psychic, if you've taken a quest for 20 eggs and mark them as quest items, then they have been reserved for that quest. If you then take a quest for 5, the ones you marked won't work for it, because they've already been credited to the other quest. I don't blame lazy coding, I blame a lack of common sense in some players.
If we've taken all the quest at once?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If we've taken all the quest at once?
Stand in front of the guy you want the reward from when you mark the eggs. You will hear a ding. Don't mark them in your house.

The alternative is different egg types. We would find different named eggs for each artisan. That would suck.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've only been questing for candles, and that guy wants 25 eggs - is he price gouging me or is that the way it is?

Deschet

Journeyman
separate glitch related to 'eggs'.

Karl won't recognize the word 'eggs' for me on LS and progress to the next dialog window. Had to cheat and use UO CAH to look up the next word to get around it.

Attachments