• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Egg Fiasco Rant

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The Easter event has turned into a fiasco!! The GM's should know it, because the PLAYERS know it!!....

-- Have the GM's and player's not noticed the questionable vendor houses outside the Dungeons?? Please, don't even try to make them sound legit. The notorious scripters from pervious Stratics posts, "C", "I" and "EYE a" toons of ill repute, are 'feeding' these house. Feeding?? Yes, giving the ill gotten rewards to "vendor players" to stock them. Again, please don't even try to make them sound legit. NOTE: For the legit vendor that has one or two (not 8 or 9) of the major rewards for sale, this post does NOT apply to you.

With some change, it could be a GREAT event.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
-- NO Trial Account(EJ) should be able to pick up eggs!

-- I shall say it again. NO Trial Account(EJ) should be able to pick up eggs. As I sit on an EJ account with 109 eggs in my backpack. OFF facet!!

-- Yes, I have transferred almost full containers of Eggs to other players. Or, dropped them off in a pet that was befriended to me.

-- Are not the mechanics for an EJ toon not being able to pick up certain items already in game? If I am not mistaken, they are with IDOC loot? HUMMM

-- A player MUST be on a quest to pick up Eggs. Previously mentioned game mechanics apply here to labeling Eggs.

Last edited:

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
-- Make MAJOR 'rewards', items worth 80 points or more, ACCOUNT Bound and SHARD Bound,

-- Make MAJOR 'rewards', items worth 80 points or more, ACCOUNT Bound and SHARD Bound,

-- This alone will make the "C", "I" and "EYE a" toons less profitable --
-- Not to mention the "vendor' house sitting outside dungeons less profitable --

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Bear with this long train of thought. It can be applied to any Easter quest. "Ingots" will be used here.

-- If the ACCOUNT Bound is not added to MAJOR 'rewards', the following 'might help' slow down the above described toons from amassing hoards for resale.

-- ONE quest for 'ingots' at a time. Player has to have ZERO eggs in backpack to start quest, "You cannot start quest with Eggs in backpack" system message displayed.

-- Players should be given a "Quest Book" once they 'ACCEPT' quest. All eggs put in backpack are automatically added to "Quest Book" once dropped in backpack.

-- Any 'excess' eggs that this player tries to pick while on this quest, should not be allowed. "You have completed the quest" messages should be displayed if trying to do so.
-- This TIMER expiration will make people 'recall' of facet to complete the quest. The reason should be self evident.

-- Pets, even ridable mounts with storage, should not be allowed in area if dismounted. This may upset some, but so be it. Automatically teleported slightly off screen. Yes, you will have to run back and forth to fill quest book each time you restart Quest. "Quarantined Area. No pets allowed if on a Quest".

-- Easy answer for those concerned about ridable pets when doing dungeon. MOVE the vendors away from Dungeon Entrance.

-- For Guilds or others trying to help friends, I dont have the answer on how to make this feasible.

Please excuse my non writing skills. I am not a word smither, a person that can turn someone else ideas into as exquist work of art. Thanks, Be Safe.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
One more rant. NO EJ player should be allowed to be friended to anyone's pet!! This also should apply to an EJ account being able to friend its pets to others. Sorry, not sorry.. OMG, yes, they can still go to a clandestine area and exchange items by trading or dropping on ground!!

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think I'm a bit confused as to what exactly is going on (outside of scripters on rails working the egg spawns). Are you saying that there is some sort of exploit going on with the vendors or are you just saying that if a vendor has a ton of fey ingots they are obviously rail scripting (ie cheating)?

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I'm a bit confused as to what exactly is going on (outside of scripters on rails working the egg spawns). Are you saying that there is some sort of exploit going on with the vendors or are you just saying that if a vendor has a ton of fey ingots they are obviously rail scripting (ie cheating)?
When this event first started, our shard "inherited" a lot of players we have never seen before. I could not recognize but 1 or 2 players from all the previous events. Some of them even had a guild tag something like "Atlantic Farm Squad" or similar. They were hawking their drops / eggs day and night in chat for cheap. They set up a vendor house right next to the dungeon. There were about 6 full suits of of fey wrath bone armor on mannequins in the first 2-3 days setup on top of the house. The vendors were full of drops. After spawn changes, most if not all of these people have disappeared. The house remains I assume there is still a stockpile of drops from the early part of the event that will be sold over time there.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
NO Exploit... But, I agree with you on the TON of Ingots. I will try and clarify that. TY

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bear with this long train of thought. It can be applied to any Easter quest. "Ingots" will be used here.

-- If the ACCOUNT Bound is not added to MAJOR 'rewards', the following 'might help' slow down the above described toons from amassing hoards for resale.

-- ONE quest for 'ingots' at a time. Player has to have ZERO eggs in backpack to start quest, "You cannot start quest with Eggs in backpack" system message displayed.

-- Players should be given a "Quest Book" once they 'ACCEPT' quest. All eggs put in backpack are automatically added to "Quest Book" once dropped in backpack.

-- Any 'excess' eggs that this player tries to pick while on this quest, should not be allowed. "You have completed the quest" messages should be displayed if trying to do so.
-- This TIMER expiration will make people 'recall' of facet to complete the quest. The reason should be self evident.

-- Pets, even ridable mounts with storage, should not be allowed in area if dismounted. This may upset some, but so be it. Automatically teleported slightly off screen. Yes, you will have to run back and forth to fill quest book each time you restart Quest. "Quarantined Area. No pets allowed if on a Quest".

-- Easy answer for those concerned about ridable pets when doing dungeon. MOVE the vendors away from Dungeon Entrance.

-- For Guilds or others trying to help friends, I dont have the answer on how to make this feasible.

Please excuse my non writing skills. I am not a word smither, a person that can turn someone else ideas into as exquist work of art. Thanks, Be Safe.

Lore... Feigr.. really?

Too thick a layer of costume makeup with the "I am not the word smither" (one of the implied meanings of the word LORE BTW, a clear giveaway perhaps? hehe)...

Yet, the writing style, length and mannerisms are, for lack of better words, IDENTICAL!
And She/he/it hasn't written in a while, even though we all know the entity's craving to be read... at verbose length... as here

I shiver in fear at the mere thought of another "day one diary"... it also started innocently titled "RANT"!

hmmmm

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lore... Feigr.. really?

Too thick a layer of costume makeup with the "I am not the word smither" (one of the implied meanings of the word LORE BTW, a clear giveaway perhaps? hehe)...

Yet, the writing style, length and mannerisms are, for lack of better words, IDENTICAL!
And She/he/it hasn't written in a while, even though we all know the entity's craving to be read... at verbose length... as here

I shiver in fear at the mere thought of another "day one diary"... it also started innocently titled "RANT"!

hmmmm
No this is a long time player on LS.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Lore... Feigr.. really?

hmmmm
Let me say this. I am not the one you think of. Be Safe

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
He is not the droid you are looking for ;)

Sorry that people have to deal with idiots.....I will never understand why people cheat.

There is no easy fix...even though some of the things you mentioned MIGHT work....

The turning in of eggs for dungeon points was a step in the right direction for those who don't like to/Can't/Won't go into the dungeon.

Maybe some of the ideas that are being thrown around here and on uo.com forums will give the team some ideas on how to move forward with the next event.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree, definitely a step in the right direction on the eggs. Just a shame that the scripters negatively impact the people actually wanting to play.

I do think that they should incorporate something like only paid accounts can participate. Might be hard for something like picking up eggs (anyone can do that) but maybe something where the quest can only be completed by paid accounts. I understand it still could technically be scripted by EJ collecting eggs but the scripter would have to at least transfer eggs over and use a paid account to cash in.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
One more rant! Why is my EJ backpack allowed to hold as many items as a regular backpack? GEEZ, my bank box is limited to 25 items. HINT HINT !!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a general rule, I can usually get eggs. The scripters don't know every location, and some take more looking for than others. Having said that, today as I arrived at one location, I'd just gone into the building when 'Sophia' appeared outside, then appeared in the first room, then appeared in the second room - however by the time she'd done all that hopping around I'd opened the door to the second room and the egg she was expecting to collect was sitting safely in my back pack. Little things like that amuse me. I left with a smile.

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Of course scripts can't be faster than an attended player.. expecially with the ec scavenger thing .. but for sure they're ruining others ppl chances to collect eggs, and will make tons of money out of it ... i'm at about 2000 points after a rather casual gameplay, can't think of how many points do the various Sofia, the eternal cow and the other 24/7 scripters out there ...

A funny thing to try would be to drop hundreds of curiously named books on the ground :D

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Sorry that people have to deal with idiots.....I will never understand why people cheat.

There is no easy fix...even though some of the things you mentioned MIGHT work....

The turning in of eggs for dungeon points was a step in the right direction for those who don't like to/Can't/Won't go into the dungeon.

Maybe some of the ideas that are being thrown around here and on uo.com forums will give the team some ideas on how to move forward with the next event.
Add eggs to fishing !! Put some in t-chest both inside and outside dungeon the possibilities are endless

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Of course scripts can't be faster than an attended player.. expecially with the ec scavenger thing .. but for sure they're ruining others ppl chances to collect eggs, and will make tons of money out of it ... i'm at about 2000 points after a rather casual gameplay, can't think of how many points do the various Sofia, the eternal cow and the other 24/7 scripters out there ...

A funny thing to try would be to drop hundreds of curiously named books on the ground :D
I have named tames "Curiously" "Adorned" "egg" and many combinations, didn't seem to hinder them. Released them, and didnt seem to work either. Terms like easter_1, easter_2, etc, didn't seem to work because game mechanics always capitalized the word "easter" as Easter_1, etc etc. I firmly believe they are using some other way, HUMM HUMM, to identify them in thier "attended" (LOL)" gameplay.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am sure its looking at the graphic(there are 5 for eggs), not names.

Graphics are tied to almost everything. Dragon slayers can be used on em event mobs that use the graphic, but have valorite elemental moves.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

2000 points? 20,000 eggs??? something smells rotten in the state of Denmark

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just recalling around, i can collect 100 eggs in 40 minutes. Seeing as you coukd have been getting the eggs since march? Sure why not.

Altho, i think there is a cap of 1k points you can bank per toon.

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
2000 points? 20,000 eggs??? something smells rotten in the state of Denmark
Did i say that I got the points by eggs only ? ;) i collect event armors so i farmed alot the dungeon too .. and i dedicate 1 hour a day to egg collecting .. when there are no scripters around with a couple of runebooks and good locations i get 100ish every 20-30 minutes

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did i say that I got the points by eggs only ? ;) i collect event armors so i farmed a lot the dungeon too .. and i dedicate 1 hour a day to egg collecting .. when there are no scripters around with a couple of runebooks and good locations i get 100ish every 20-30 minutes
huh!? must be ATL... on Origin, killing everything that is there I got 2 drops in an hour.. whereas on day one I got 100 in that same hour, no potion used. By the time I bought a bunch of potions it had been tweaked and I was getting 10 and hour with potion.. now, I wouldn't take the potion at all, what a waste of good money that would be. And yes, 100 eggs every 30mins is about right. Sadly with only 3 days a week playing lately I've only got about 400 points (and my platemail armor , which is the one I collect, hehe)

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

-- This alone will make the "C", "I" and "EYE a" toons less profitable --
-- Not to mention the "vendor' house sitting outside dungeons less profitable --
Note to SELF: After three brain farts in 5 minutes, it hit me like a ton of XXXXXXX. Easy peazy, nice and easy. Make INGOTS account bound!!

Note to SELF: NEVER EVER have three brain farts in 5 minutes!!

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lore... Feigr.. really?

hmmmm
No one cares about your opinion. I'm back. Why are you such a hater?

And TC, EJ accounts have limited bag/bank space in total. There's very little reason for people to use them. If they have a main account, why not just collect eggs on those?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you. Miscalling people as alts should be grounds for discipline. 3000 lashes. This was insulting.

I've never had an issue with eggs. The people I see gathering eggs are actively talking in the chat. It's rather friendly on Chesapeake. We run around each other sometimes when we see each other. I even joke telling them they got "egg burgled."

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A particular cheater/bot has many honest players upset with his/her scripts. The bot "on foot" will speed-hack faster than a paragon from outside of rooms instantly to my character. Even with my cursor in classic client speed nearing the coveted egg, this particular cheater can be on top of my character's spot and vacuuming the prize before I can touch it! Letting cheaters on EJ accounts run nilly willy over paying customers is making me mad and taking all the fun from UO with one sided competition. Telling a bot to stop is futile, can't even target the character to report breaking TOS game mechanics. Devs must believe EJ accounts bolster the player numbers. But their ineffective actions and ignoring such problems, make me consider why am I playing this game if cheaters prosper and subscribers get jabbed more often by the pointed stick? EJs might get banned, but the owners that profit won't want to put their paid accounts at risk. Wish stings could be set up to tie the culpable EJs and profiteers together! Jab a few of them with the ban stick once and for all. Set a real example that you care DEVs!

I agree EJ's not be allowed to collect eggs, or complete this ingot quest.

I'm on Atlantic. Sick n F*&kin tired of these pos devs getting paid to ignore our accounts. You know, the honest people. I see blatant scripting, railing, whatever they call this childish kid crap. Takes me a long time too collect eggs, convert to ingots, and sell....I also have a real life, so.......after 20 years may tell whoever runs this joke, good fkn bye. Refund would be nice, seeing how they allow cheating.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
RIDDLE me THIS??

Why would anyone remove "Hay Bales" where nothing happens?? Is this the "Eye a" toon, script unblocking the ''railer's" path????? HUMMM yet to be determined.

SIDE NOTE:: The more you place hay bales in FEL, blocking the 'wooden door', the more this railer toon has to be INGAME to move them. YES< your eggs INCREASE, because a 'script minder' has to STOP the script and physically remove it. Please, if you see hay bales in FEL, move and replace. They are NOT placed 'illegally' in Fel, all a ingame player has to do it move them ONE square. TY Be safe.

Whywouldanyoneremovehaybales.png

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
SIDE NOTE on above graphic. Thank you EJ for letting me make a toon, and mimicing the clothing worn by suspected script minder. The graphic above is for demonstration purposes only. DISCLAIMER TY Be SAFE.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just so you know, you can fil a pouch with like 100 hay bales, drop the pouch and axe it, and now they have to remove 100 haybales all on 1 tile.

Reactions: dvv

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have seen eggs all over Britannia, outside the guard zones in fel,
Why not just find these random spots and if a suspected scripter comes, dispatch of it with a red.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just so you know, you can fil a pouch with like 100 hay bales, drop the pouch and axe it, and now they have to remove 100 haybales all on 1 tile.
It is a whole lot easier to have a full pack of 125 items and purchase hay bales off the NPC Farmer. With a full pack they drop to the ground. BUT, doing so is in violation of terms of service and you will be accused of using """"GAME MECHANICS"""". Trust this EYE DEE TEN TEE (IDIOT). I know. LOL

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just to be clear...

By all means, if we want to discuss problematic game mechanics during this event, ofcourse that is fine. I can fully level with the frustration of dealing with the scripters during this event.

However, I locked the other thread that was on the very similar trend line of ranting and raving about scripting and blocking using bales of hay. If the same accusations appear in this thread as it did in the other whereby names are named, this thread will also be locked and infractions will be issued.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
people say they can get eggs without much problem, this is true but you are using one account and for limited time. there are people using 5 to 10 endless cheating accounts, for long periods of time. these people have gotten over hundred high end drops or more. for me i have around 10 various ones. if it can be exploited/scripted it will be. especially if the devs develop it where scripting can occur. why can a person use 5 to 10 endless cheating accounts/chars at doom and get boxes of drops and why can 8 endless cheating accounts do the towers and get 8 cargo drops. i thought ej were to give people a taste of uo. not to script/exploit it to the max. just more of my opinions lol.

Last edited:

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Couldn't they add a tag like "mesmerizing" that EJ accounts cannot pick up or touch? Is speed-hacking not a violation of UO's TOS? Can't they put a movement speed governor equivalent to casting speed of mages? Why are third party illegal clients even allowed to log in? Still getting bots scripting and making game play unenjoyable, even paging via physical harassment isn't changing a thing!

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couldn't they add a tag like "mesmerizing" that EJ accounts cannot pick up or touch? Is speed-hacking not a violation of UO's TOS? Can't they put a movement speed governor equivalent to casting speed of mages? Why are third party illegal clients even allowed to log in? Still getting bots scripting and making game play unenjoyable, even paging via physical harassment isn't changing a thing!
I don't know why they allow clients that are not the EC or CC to access the servers. It just blows my mind. They could implement something like a random encryption key that changes every 24 hours into each client thus forcing you to restart the client once every 24 hrs and if your client does not match the key, it refuses to connect. This type of encryption key is done for many forms of communications.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm fairly certain there are only 2 clients that can access the servers. The other client(s) people are talking about are more than likely on free shards.