• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Effectiveness of Glorious Fortune Potion?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I was curious what type of results people are getting with the Potion of Glorious Fortune. I think they're pretty effective and I have generally been using them any time I can dedicate an hour to fighting. A member of my guild has disagreed with me saying they see little to no benefit from the potion.

I typically see my results double (i.e., 25-30 drops without potion, 50-60 drops with potion). This is using a sampire, that has hit a luck statue (~800 luck), is in constant motion getting kills, in the Ice area to the north, using double Undead slayers.

Wanted to know what experience others are having with respect to effectiveness of the potion versus not using the potion.

EDIT:
Moved to a new thread.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Separately related - I was curious what type of results people are getting with the Portion of Glorious Fortune. I think they're pretty effective and I have generally been using them any time I can dedicate an hour to fighting. A member of my guild has disagreed with me saying they see little to no benefit from the potion.

I typically see my results double (i.e., 25-30 drops without potion, 50-60 drops with potion). This is using a sampire, that his hit a luck statue, is in constant motion getting kills, in the ice area to the north, using double Undead slayers. Wanted to know what experience others are having with respect to effectiveness of the potion.
Honestly they are so much better its almost criminal almost like Mesanna wants uo to be pay to win

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Separately related - I was curious what type of results people are getting with the Portion of Glorious Fortune. I think they're pretty effective and I have generally been using them any time I can dedicate an hour to fighting. A member of my guild has disagreed with me saying they see little to no benefit from the potion.

I typically see my results double (i.e., 25-30 drops without potion, 50-60 drops with potion). This is using a sampire, that his hit a luck statue, is in constant motion getting kills, in the ice area to the north, using double Undead slayers. Wanted to know what experience others are having with respect to effectiveness of the potion.
Per hour let's say 6 drops with 0 luck. 1200ish luck 12 to 15. Luck and potion 30 drops.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Per hour let's say 6 drops with 0 luck. 1200ish luck 12 to 15. Luck and potion 30 drops.
Wow.. so roughly 5x better with potion and some luck.

What type of template?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was curious what type of results people are getting with the Portion of Glorious Fortune. I think they're pretty effective and I have generally been using them any time I can dedicate an hour to fighting. A member of my guild has disagreed with me saying they see little to no benefit from the potion.

I typically see my results double (i.e., 25-30 drops without potion, 50-60 drops with potion). This is using a sampire, that has hit a luck statue (~800 luck), is in constant motion getting kills, in the Ice area to the north, using double Undead slayers.

Wanted to know what experience others are having with respect to effectiveness of the potion versus not using the potion.

EDIT:
Moved to a new thread.
I am doing about the same as these results using just a dex/healing/archer. My luck is much higher though when I hit a statue for that hour.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When runing on grass north from Isamu-jima gate i can get 30-50 per 1h with potion and 20 max without potion.

So if you buy one from vendor for 12 mil, farm with it 'only' 30 drops, sell them for 30mil you are +18 mil.

20 to 25 without potion. 50 to 70 with. It absolutely makes a huge difference. For those who do not know, when you log out, the timer stops until you log back in, you may lose 5 to 7 minutes when your timing out but that’s it. You don’t have to do the entire hour at one time..

20 to 25 without potion. 50 to 70 with. It absolutely makes a huge difference. For those who do not know, when you log out, the timer stops until you log back in, you may lose 5 to 7 minutes when your timing out but that’s it. You don’t have to do the entire hour at one time..
Straight Archer Are / Double Undead Slayers / 150 luck / Same snowy area as Merlin

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow.. so roughly 5x better with potion and some luck.

What type of template?
The 6 was from the first couple of days so I may be better now. The others are current. Using an Archer with Chiv Bushido and healing in Beetlescape, Beetle Tali and undead fire bow for other stuff. I run EoO on Beetles so they die fast. I do not have to travel far enough to pick up Dragons or Demons.

With the luck, 1 paragon beetle is enough for a drop. You then kill 2 to 5 of anything to get the drop. Once you reach the required points for a drop you have a higher chance to get the drop on each next kill.

So basically I am just running around and dragging a paragon Beetle to my tamer waiting on a ship. So if I can make 15 Paragon Beetles I'll def have 15 drops. Tamer just gets 2 or 3 drops an hour, no potion, a Triton can stay alive and does not do a lot of damage to the Beetle. He is a tank to keep the beetle occupied.

The faster you can kill stuff the more drops you get. Also try to not kill a bunch of the same type mobs in a row. You get diminishing returns from that.

I see double drops from potion compared to playing with 1200ish luck. Best to Rub the statue and drink the potion and kill for an hour as fast as you can.

My reflexes are slow, so more serious players should get more drops than I do.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't see any point using them on Alt as I can't kill enough in winter spur to make it worth while. But on Dracs or Europa I'm around 45-65 with luck and potion (I've not hit 70 yet even if I haven't died in the hour)
That's on my Samp

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
So you're the samp! Best few mins I had you were dead! Recommend not using potions on any shards when vigilante Samps be loose. Samps just have 3 mindsets and that is to run, run, and run some more. Completely destroyed event for me on multiple shards. Much less dare buy some juice potions. When lucky though and have used with no sammm errrrr ppl messing it up Its about 110-130% so I figure it's doing its job if you're over doubled... never thought ide say this but for event the only good samp is one in a conga line. Bots cause less disturbance to me then any solo samp.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So you're the samp! Best few mins I had you were dead! Recommend not using potions on any shards when vigilante Samps be loose. Samps just have 3 mindsets and that is to run, run, and run some more. Completely destroyed event for me on multiple shards. Much less dare buy some juice potions. When lucky though and have used with no sammm errrrr ppl messing it up Its about 110-130% so I figure it's doing its job if you're over doubled... never thought ide say this but for event the only good samp is one in a conga line. Bots cause less disturbance to me then any solo samp.
Archer/thrower/sdi caster can just follow the sampire around and kill everything before they stop to WW

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Recommend not using potions on any shards when vigilante Samps be loose.
What part that you missing? Yes my frustration is a little high and may have grouped some good samps in there, could also see you saying to help them if they didnt run like chickens with their head cut off, but I just want to let you know I see a solo Samp I'm going to log into anywhere else from a productivity stand point...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What part that you missing? Yes my frustration is a little high and may have grouped some good samps in there, could also see you saying to help them if they didnt run like chickens with their head cut off, but I just want to let you know I see a solo Samp I'm going to log into anywhere else from a productivity stand point...
And they are useless to others, cant res or heal anyone. Toss the word selfish into your rants. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Potion helps lots. I want to say double the drops? Without I was around 25ish/hr. with the potion I'm 40-60/hr
Ya, I can not understand how someone has used them and not seen the results.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Just FYI I have a samp and I love it for doing certain things solo or maybe trying party things with the right friends to support. Just this event brought every samp in world out to pzz me off.

Ya, I can not understand how someone has used them and not seen the results.
Prbly cus multi boxxxx errrr multi clients are obviously not going to get as much benefit as 1 person working for real?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not saying help them at all but you can beat them at that game easy

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Ahhh I see I just have to be as inconsiderate as them. Got it. Didn't process that from that stand point. Totally agree with you. No argument.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Documenting some responses I received via ICQ / Discord:

1700229225826.png

1700229254233.png
1700229267479.png

1700229286411.png

1700229317618.png

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've been using about five potions a week - usually during the midnight to 1am EST time frame when there are still quite a bit of people playing in the Ice area. With one exception where there was a night that the Hiryus got the better of me and kept dismounting and killing me and I only got 42 drops, most every other night I am in the 50's and 60's, having reached high of 69. Between carrying a full set of double axes and all the edibles, I often have to stop and recall to the turn-in vendor midway through the potion to avoid running into any weight issues. This has been my general experience not just with this event, but for virtually every past event where the potion was offered with the exception of the first few weeks of the Destard event that had unrelated spawn issues.

Unless I am reading something wrong, it seems as if the general consensus is that the effect of the fortune potion is that it will roughly double your drop rate. Aside from some folks saying that they will get even more than 2x, I haven't seen or read one comment to the contrary that would imply the potion isn't working, sans the person I noted in the original post.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I think it’s not fair to group anyone playing a sampire for the event in one bucket. I swap skills and have healing on mine and i res others. I also use macing so I can smash paragons with -60 SSi with stagger and I tank until I’m nearly dead.

less geared or less experienced players likely have to run but that is pretty much the case with every kind of build. It’s probably more accurate to complain about players that are less built than sampires.

I actually think it is good that sampires cannot man handle the event. If weaker sampires did not need to run away there would be way more people upset that sampires once again have it way too easy.

And to the point of the thread, I have not used the potion but the math of it seems to be best in the early part of the event when drops can sell for 2mill. Others have told me they can get +15 to 30 more per hour as a result of the potion.

If you’re paying 12-15 mill and get 15-20 more drops it’s barely worth it since you can get drops for about a mill or less now. Early days it was probably the way to go and it’s almost near break even now.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm Think your find there are a few that don't run, and help if they see someone trying to go toe to toe with a decent paragon, Or that's how its been sometimes for me. But there are other times when I have gone to help someone and soon as I have aggro there off. That's not just been samps.
Oh I can still do pretty much just as well with my paladin

Korik Bloodguard

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the past week or so I haven't gotten fewer than 90 an hour with a pot and ~2400 luck on a sampire fighting in the frozen wastes.

mihali

Sage
The 6 was from the first couple of days so I may be better now. The others are current. Using an Archer with Chiv Bushido and healing in Beetlescape, Beetle Tali and undead fire bow for other stuff. I run EoO on Beetles so they die fast. I do not have to travel far enough to pick up Dragons or Demons.

With the luck, 1 paragon beetle is enough for a drop. You then kill 2 to 5 of anything to get the drop. Once you reach the required points for a drop you have a higher chance to get the drop on each next kill.

So basically I am just running around and dragging a paragon Beetle to my tamer waiting on a ship. So if I can make 15 Paragon Beetles I'll def have 15 drops. Tamer just gets 2 or 3 drops an hour, no potion, a Triton can stay alive and does not do a lot of damage to the Beetle. He is a tank to keep the beetle occupied.

The faster you can kill stuff the more drops you get. Also try to not kill a bunch of the same type mobs in a row. You get diminishing returns from that.

I see double drops from potion compared to playing with 1200ish luck. Best to Rub the statue and drink the potion and kill for an hour as fast as you can.

My reflexes are slow, so more serious players should get more drops than I do.
Awesome so your way of dealing with Para Beetles is to bring them to the Tamer/Triton duo. Can macer Paladins or Dragoons deal with these well one at time I gather..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awesome so your way of dealing with Para Beetles is to bring them to the Tamer/Triton duo. Can macer Paladins or Dragoons deal with these well one at time I gather..
Yes, my swordsman and macer can tank them. You just want to drag them away from the other things, you don't want 5 things casting at a distance on you while fighting one. A normal skele dragon is deadly at a distance when you have EoO on beetles.
I timed him on the other forums, he kills them in 32 to 38 seconds unless something distracts him.

The first few days I used my macer as the tank, then I changed to a Triton because I want the archer to get all the credit since the stationary guy only attacks beetles, he gets only a few drops. Beetles are higher in Phy resist so half the triton damage is reduced more.

After using melee guys there I found the Archer was faster at killing non paragons because he does not have to get right on them. So, I do my luck hours with Archers.

There is a Tamer using a Cu on LS, when he is there we drag paras to him standing on the coast. We all stay and kill them.
A Cu will do more damage to the Beetles.