• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Editorial: Price Gouging and Hallow's End

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the new achievement system in game and with Hallow's End, it's great to see people try and accomplish all of them. What I find ridiculous is how people are using it to make a profit.* WoW has an economy and things are expensive, but when you get an item for free, to charge ten gold to "zap" a person for an achievement is highway robbery!

That is exorbitant and extortion as far as I'm concerned!*The ability to get*wands is not impossible, in fact it's ridiculously easy.* You go to an inn, "Trick or Treat" and you can get them.* There are numerous days for the event to wind itself down.* So why do people do this?* Are people that greedy?* I have given charges away to help people and taken gold when its been offered, but no amount that high.* I had no problem giving a few gold pieces to lower level people for one, just not that much.

Not only is the auction house, ludicrous with some of the buyout prices, but now we have it with holidays too.* Needless to say, no one should be taking advantage of the community in this manner, and no justification I've heard yet has made it acceptable in my opinion.* There are so many ways to make money in this game without taking advantage of the public.* So I ask again for something that requires such little effort, why do players do this to other players?* There is some food for though to go along with the "Tricky Treats"...

More...