• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] Ecru Citrine Ring?

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do I make Ecru Citrine Rings? UOGuide says I need access to Heartwood so I assume I need a recipe from there? Where would I go for the recipe?

I'm looking to get as high of an Enhance Potion rating as I possibly can. The Ecru Ring will give me +50. Is there a bracelet that also gives +50? I've seen the Alchemist Baubles with +30.

I do have a crafter with tinkering currently being trained. But I guess if it's too much hassle or if the chance of getting the recipe is remote, I can resort to buying what I want.

Thanks!

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i forgot how high u need to be to be able to craft an ecru ring but there is no special recipe that is needed.

EP rings are maxed at 50 (used to be 75 :( )
the highest bracelet is the alchemists bauble which is 30 ( all others capped at 25)

without alchemy on your template, you are capped at 50 ep by the way so even if u have 115 EP, you will not get the benefits of more than 50 EP without alchemy on your template

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Yeah the character I want it for is nearing GM alchemy.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need a recipe for Ecru ring. I think you just need Mondain's Legacy. I love my Ecru:
50% EP
FC1
HCI 13
Energy Resist 10
Spell Damage 5

I hate the last two, but it's still a nice ring.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need a recipe for Ecru ring. I think you just need Mondain's Legacy. I love my Ecru:
50% EP
FC1
HCI 13
Energy Resist 10
Spell Damage 5

I hate the last two, but it's still a nice ring.
Does higher tinkering give better chance at higher random stats?

I saw one for sale today on a vendor with +17 increased damage, 77 luck and a defense increase (I forget the value). Selling for 225k.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, just that the higher the tinkering, the less chance to fail. I dont know if you lose Ecru gems on fail. Exceptional Ecru doesn't mean a thing either. You'd think it would.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, just that the higher the tinkering, the less chance to fail. I dont know if you lose Ecru gems on fail. Exceptional Ecru doesn't mean a thing either. You'd think it would.
And you get the gems from mining, right? GM mining required? (I think I'm at 75 right now.) Do you need to mine particular ore veins for specific gems, or is it random?

Thanks for all of the information.

T

T_Amon_from_work

GM Mining needed for these gems and some others. No particular vein produces the gems - it's all random.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can have 95 mining plus +5 mining gloves to get you to 100 mining in the meantime for the rare gems.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks!

Everyone on these forums have been very helpful to my newbness. I appreciate the replies.