• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Economy Prediction

V

vapd3317

Okay,...this is gonna cause a stir, but its a fatalistic prediction Ive had for weeks now and would kinda like to know if its hidden somewhere in the agenda for this game.

We have had more complaints than praises for how the economy has changed. Low payouts, High prices, growing higher each day. HUGE differences in available simoleons from those that built sims in EAland on day 1, compared to those that merged. Growing animosity between players because of the economy situation.

I forsee a complete and total economic wipe of EAland after all merges are completed, with each and every sim starting out on an even playing field of 500 simoleons.

With no sims having a large amount of cash, they then can even out the payouts, lower object prices and get the prices of properties to a more realistic level.

Of course, I expect it to happen soon after the amnesty because we all will be in a temporary "happy place" because we all got our rares and entitlement skill locks we had been waiting on.

All with the justiciation of "because it is good for the community". (and for ATM usage)

G

<blockquote><hr>

HUGE differences in available simoleons from those that built sims in EAland on day 1, compared to those that merged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blatant falsehood.

The rest of your prediction - well, it makes as much sense as Mike Huckabee's "Fair Tax" policy.

G

I think your fears are just a result of uncertain and difficult times.

It makes no kind of sense, for a team under a deadline to get the game completed and profitable, to spend the kind of time and resources they have (months worth) to merge inventory, property, and skills from all cities, just to wipe them all out, as soon as they finish.

That would be an insane waste of time in these circumstances.

V

vapd3317

No Gilley,...you may have misunderstood me. Im talking about a simoleon wipe only, Not properties or objects we currently have. Or, maybe I misunderstood your post.

Either way,...I am concerned about the possibility of a simoleon wipe.

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

HUGE differences in available simoleons from those that built sims in EAland on day 1, compared to those that merged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blatant falsehood.

The rest of your prediction - well, it makes as much sense as Mike Huckabee's "Fair Tax" policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blatant Falsehood?.... Start up for merging sims is 500 simoleons. Some of us who started in EAland on day 1 are well over the mark of hundreds of thousands of simoleons. That IS a huge difference at current prices.

G

I do not thik he was talking about items, just simoleans. And I for one hope he is wrong, but it would not surprise me if it happened.

R

Roger Wilco

There will be no money wipe. The people who have paid EA for simoleans would go totally through the roof.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Okay,...this is gonna cause a stir, but its a fatalistic prediction Ive had for weeks now and would kinda like to know if its hidden somewhere in the agenda for this game.

We have had more complaints than praises for how the economy has changed. Low payouts, High prices, growing higher each day. HUGE differences in available simoleons from those that built sims in EAland on day 1, compared to those that merged. Growing animosity between players because of the economy situation.

I forsee a complete and total economic wipe of EAland after all merges are completed, with each and every sim starting out on an even playing field of 500 simoleons.

With no sims having a large amount of cash, they then can even out the payouts, lower object prices and get the prices of properties to a more realistic level.

Of course, I expect it to happen soon after the amnesty because we all will be in a temporary "happy place" because we all got our rares and entitlement skill locks we had been waiting on.

All with the justiciation of "because it is good for the community". (and for ATM usage)

[/ QUOTE ]
If there is ONE thing peeps should understand about EA Land, it's this:
There is NO economy.
Everbody got that? No economy.
Look at it like this - if "economy" were freedom, what we have in Ea Land would be 'Martial Law'.
The devs control pricing and payouts MANUALLY. No free market, no 'supply and demand' - just their opinion of what the prices/payouts SHOULD be to accomplish whatever it is they want to accomplish.
Not saying that "it" is good or bad, only that it is.

With that said, it should also be noted that our current state is only temporary, and we will have the promised 'economy' sometime in the near future, at which point payouts and pricing will be driven by something more mathematically accurate than "one potato, two potato".

That is all - smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There will be no money wipe. The people who have paid EA for simoleans would go totally through the roof.

[/ QUOTE ]
[very deep voice] Oh, yeah. *nods*

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Nope. Don't believe any wipe will be necessary just because of merges. Those that chose to wait, brought plenty of merchandise with them to sell for simoleans. I would expect merging sims and the money they make from selling their wares will catch up to any sim that has been living the poor life and making simoleans the hard way.

Currently we have a real economy with supply and demand going on in Ea-land. Large supplies of merchandise have hit the city and you can find some real bargains. However, these bargains will not last forever. We will be in a world of hurt when this supply runs out. You will no longer be able to afford some of the money, skill or fast greening objects because the prices will rise as the numbers of these objects increase in the city. I expect the price of those blue morroccan chairs to exceed those of custom content chairs in no time.

There will be no money wipes in EA-Land unless an exploit is detected. And those are done on a per account basis, not the whole city. People have been purchasing simoleans with real cash now. EA is not about to wipe out simoleans that were legitamately purchased through paypal transactions.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Nope. Don't believe any wipe will be necessary just because of merges. Those that chose to wait, brought plenty of merchandise with them to sell for simoleans. I would expect merging sims and the money they make from selling their wares will catch up to any sim that has been living the poor life and making simoleans the hard way.

Currently we have a real economy with supply and demand going on in Ea-land. Large supplies of merchandise have hit the city and you can find some real bargains. However, these bargains will not last forever. We will be in a world of hurt when this supply runs out. You will no longer be able to afford some of the money, skill or fast greening objects because the prices will rise as the numbers of these objects increase in the city. I expect the price of those blue morroccan chairs to exceed those of custom content chairs in no time.

There will be no money wipes in EA-Land unless an exploit is detected. And those are done on a per account basis, not the whole city. People have been purchasing simoleans with real cash now. EA is not about to wipe out simoleans that were legitamately purchased through paypal transactions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stranger things have happened ::sigh:: "Your account has been credited XXX amount of dollars to to the impending wipe" Never say never, especially in the world of MAXIS....Scary thought though.

G

*looks to see if anyone has formed a "government" in EAL*

I blame them!

There is nothing wrong with the economy. A lot of the bizarre stuff we're seeing, I'm sure is a result of the sudden jolts the economy takes when an entire city is added on all at once.

Besides, as others have already pointed out - there are hundreds (perhaps even thousands) of sims arriving in EAL with huge inventories of stuff - Most of whom I'm quite sure will be willing to part company with said objects for a reasonable fee far below EAL retail. You've got to love a free-market system!

Even if all the people who have bought simoleans were refunded their full purchase price (with no regard for money already spent and objects received), a simolean wipe would accomplish absolutely nothing! Well, nothing beyond people practicing their pitchfork-sharpening and torch-lighting skills. Most of the wiped money would be right back in the game within an hour after the wipe.

It does beg the question about how impending wipes in TC3 would be handled...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh Predictions! Tell me am I going to get that promotion I've been pulling for!?!?!?!?
*sticks out palm*

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

We have had more complaints than praises for how the economy has changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Complainers yell the loudest. It doesn't mean they are a majority.