• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC targeting tip

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is a trick I've been using that I would like to share. In EC, it's easy to quickly set a "Current Target" to nearest enemy / nearest friend / next enemy / next friend / severely injured party member / etc. The problem with the "Current Target" is that it doesn't last if the person runs off screen, you need to re-target. This is a huge pain for a mage when you are holding a spell and chasing someone down. This is why mages like to set their "Last Cursor Target" to an enemy and use "Last Cursor Target". There are no built in macros for EC to set your "Last Cursor Target" to nearest enemy / friend / etc. Third party programs give you this ability, but I found a way to accomplish this in EC with one caveat.

Macro:
Target Nearest Enemy (Sets current target to nearest enemy) > Command "script RequestTargetInfo()" (Brings up cursor target) > WaitForTarg > Cursor Target Current

Then you just swap out "Target Nearest Enemy" with "Target Nearest Friend" / etc. This will sync your "Current Target" and your "Last Cursor Target", and quickly set your "Last Cursor Target" to Nearest Enemy / Friend / etc.

The one caveat: You can't swap targets while holding a spell, as it brings up your cursor target.and cancels your spell.