• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC Tamer macro video tutorials

WonDumBaldGuy

Adventurer
Hi all! for various reasons, and to aid the returning player base, I have created a series of tamer specific videos on how to set up several macros. They only cover taming, not support skills. My hope is that this will be stickied once the community has a chance to vette it.

First, you have have to know how to use the embedded tools to make the screen suit your needs and play style.

Second, you can follow these easy steps to create a macro template that you can copy over for any new character you create.

CAPITALS are ACTIONS. I make my templates on a shard I do not play on, Then export. That way you can make a toon called Tamer Macros and set it all up, then back up that template. You could even double dip. Create a blank macro, using my set up videos for all the common macros and system commands. Then create a character called Tamer Macros. Close the game, copy the Blank Macros in as Tamer Macros. Log in, create your tamer specific macros, log out, then do the steps below. Do this for all your major templates to make set up on multiple accounts and shards quick and easy.(edited)
NAVIGATE to
1)Documents
2) EA Games
3) Ultima Online Stygian Abyss
4) User Data
5) Your account name
6) Shard you made the macro template on. SELECT character template to copy and make a master. Copy.
Collapse windows to Desktop. PASTE File onto desktop (or get fancy and make a folder and such) RENAME the file something like "EC MACRO TEMPLATE". TO COPY OVER. Navigate back steps 1 through 6.
7) WRITE DOWN the EXACT spelling of the macro template you want to replace. (For example if you want to replace IMANEWB, The spelling must be the exact same. ) the EC MACRO TEMPLATE file into this folder. DELETE the macro you want to replace. RENAME the template to the old name, EXACTLY AS IT WAS. OPEN game, and off you go!

This video explains how to use the mobiles bar for quick targeting.

Now for the taming specific series. Session one covers casting and vet targeting, using a universal macro to select any single pet that you have. For multiple pets, I suggest using target severely wounded follower. I also suggest having independent vet and GH macros. There are times when you want to just cast, or just vet. And it's easy with good key lay out to just hit two keys to stack them.

Session one
There are two basic way to target in EC.
A) Storing targets saves the item id, and causes the macro to directly interact with the item. This is handy if you don't like having the active target switched on you, but requires a lot more management when you swap pets or items.
B) The other way is to use the targeting system to select the target for you. This makes for simpler, universal macros, but does switch the active target. Of course, EC has a last target action you can use to go back.

Session two
goes into various pet commands. Example macros are universal mount macro, universal stable / claim, and area all kill for spawns.

Session three
Demonstrates several different ways in EC to create heal macro's, and shows why some heal macro's do not work with the first aid belt, but others do.

Session four
Here we discuss other tamer needs, like lore, spam taming, activating the mastery in a macro, and more. (I am in the process of recording this and will post later today.)

Of course. you also want to loot efficiently. Here is a video on how to auto open corpses and use the organizer + vacuum action to loot whatever you identify in the organizer.

I can be reached on Discord anytime, Mutt#5435.
My macro channel is MECM, Join the Mutt's Enhanced Client Macros Discord Server!

Here is a link to all my videos:

Constructive comments, suggestions, ideas, and questions welcome!

Last edited: