• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] EC still crashing for you?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
With the resent updates people have been reporting that they are no longer crashing to desktop.
I know I have not in several days are any of you still crashing? If so I would like you to post here along with what you are doing when it happens.
Thank you

W

Woodsman

I think it's been a couple of patches or publishes for me since I had any crashes. Exodus was the big test for me, and I didn't have any problems other than lag from several dozen players being in the same little spot at the same time, with a lot of pets and spells being thrown in.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Looks like the crashing issue is solved as I have seen no reports of anyone crashing!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's from 19 march that we have broken healthbars that after a while stop updating (that is much worst than crash)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
it's from 19 march that we have broken healthbars that after a while stop updating (that is much worst than crash)
I realize that the health bars are not updating right...but to say this is worse than the whole system crashing is a little extreme ..not saying we dont need this fixed but come on really?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I realize that the health bars are not updating right...but to say this is worse than the whole system crashing is a little extreme ..not saying we dont need this fixed but come on really?

maybe it's a little bit less than crashing since you can find a safe place to reboot, but since the game is totally based on healthbars it's a pretty serious issue :|

Last edited:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you and I both know crashing was a major issue for a long while and strive to get that fixed...now it is ! we will get the hot bars fixed and they are aware of this and hopefully we will have a fix before long ...we are getting progress hang in there pinco I feel your lack of trust if you have a idea why the bars are not updating pass it a long here or pm me and I will make sure it gets to where it needs to be!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the only clue I have is this:
when there are many healthbars or you open/close many healthbars the game stop receive the data. I remember on CC that if you open too many bars it start to close the first ones, maybe there is some server limitation that prevents to update too many healthbars at the same time and/or EC keep requesting updates of closed healthbars and goes under this limitation. In any case they just have to check what they did with the march publish to fix it :p

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With the resent updates people have been reporting that they are no longer crashing to desktop.
I know I have not in several days are any of you still crashing? If so I would like you to post here along with what you are doing when it happens.
Thank you
I crashed yesterday night for the first time in weeks. I was just walking around training my controlled creature in the "evil" level of Despise on Europa; I think I crashed when another player passed by.

I was running the latest EC version (4.0.27.7) with Pinco's UI (5.6.c1)

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I crashed day before yesterday, same circumstances as previous crashes... I reversed directions quickly around houses. :(

I'd love to see the crash bug, the healthbar issue, and mob particle FX fixed. I'm sure the healthbars and the FX are due to the client's memory leak.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I still have yet to crash ..but I agree it always happened when making sudden move changes for me!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not crashed in weeks. *knock on wood*

My crashes usually came when i ran a lot and moved trough a moongate .

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not crashed in weeks. *knock on wood*

My crashes usually came when i ran a lot and moved trough a moongate .
Same here, but I shouldn't have said this since whenever I post "EC doesn't crash anymore", it starts to crash again.

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Crashed yesterday. It was the same crash I've had previously, too. When stopping and dragging the mini-map around for awhile to navigate it I sometimes crash to the desktop randomly. Not always, but sometimes.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
let me ask you all this who have been crashing. Is it a dungeon like despise or shame or wrong? I had not crashed in a long time but I finally crashed in despise and before I did I noticed severe lag type problems right before it happen...when I say lag type it acts like like but yet my connect was the same it always is and its always in the boss encounter I notice the lag/crash

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you
I still crash occasionally, the last few times from trying to open a container, not a certain kind, different one each time, and when I log out and back in and click it again, crash again. I have to actually get rid of the container in a house and open it with CC if I want in that container. Has happened with backpacks, wooden box, wooden chests, etc
I have submitted a bug report with details each time I crashed.

Oh yeah, and I was fishing up SOS's yesterday and crashed from container, and when I got back in all my SOS map markers were gone.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are you using 'legacy view' and pinco's 'quick loot'? I toggle between legacy and grid when stocking vendors. I had to add a toggle for quick loot to the macro to avoid crashing when I opened the container. When legacy view is on quick loot must be off.

Anvira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
For the last couple days, I have had nothing but trouble with this crashing. I have uninstalled/re installed. Deleted, etc. etc. character will move 3 tiles, then client crash, over, and over, and over.

Finally I gave up and just went back to the CC.

Not sure what's going on, have not had any issues to date, this just started this week.

Running a brand new HP h8-1160t , graphics rating is a 6.8 out of a 7.9, so, I'm not really sure what's going on, just kinda bummed out that this keeps happening.

Any insight into what I can do to fix this would be greatly appreciated, as I love using your UI Pinco.

:sad3:

Thanks

Spawn DF

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yesterday the EC crashed in Jhelom.
First I saw a naked fighter (npc in diapers) and in the next second the client crashed.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What shard were you playing on and what time did they occur?

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonder if i could get a couple days play time to test this. I havnt played in over a year because of the crash issue. I know in yef fel near the moongate on atl i could crash on demand withing 20-40 mins game play.