• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] EC Slowdown

• Thread starter Vercingitorix
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
V

Vercingitorix

Lately I've been noticing more of a slowdown while I'm using the EC. Usually when there is a lot of activity on-screen, 10 or more monster/people. Using a netbook 1gb of RAM with a Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express graphics chip, believe it has 64MB of memory. What can I turn down, if anything to keep it running smoothly? Have most checkboxes, unchecked in the options, using lowest resolution available, 800 x 600, no shadows, idle, think I have it set to 20 for framerates.

Thanks for any help given.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could try shrinking the inner game window. In other words, maximize the UO EC window, but shrink that inner game window that shows your house and land so that you have a larger black area.
I'm hoping the next update will finally optimize EC. Keep fingers crossed.

V

Vercingitorix

Thanks, will give that a shot when I get home, it's already resized but could still be playable smaller.